Parent needing help in understanding how to best to share single player games owned like...

Discus and support Parent needing help in understanding how to best to share single player games owned like... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am a mother of two youngin’s who play Xbox games and typically they are single to multiple player game options. However, we do have a couple games,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Brandi Fischer, May 12, 2023.

1. Parent needing help in understanding how to best to share single player games owned like...

I am a mother of two youngin’s who play Xbox games and typically they are single to multiple player game options. However, we do have a couple games, like Subnautica, survival type and puzzle style ones that when I purchase only one person account can play. So this means when the other child wants to play they cannot make their own account under their “name” login (within my parent account) and since they are siblings there is no way in this planet they will share the same account because that would screw up their efforts and of course they would mess up their designs, etc. my son is Autistic and just would not allow this at all.

I have the Ultimate game pass and such and I will admit I hate try to figure out all of this parenting controls from Xbox and want to throw it out the window when trying to help them. I’m an original Atari Donkey Kong and Asteroids kind of girl and no further when it comes to technology so this new age gaming really puts me in the 9th level of Dante’s Hell.

Is it possible to only purchase One single player survival style game on the parent account, but let each child use it? Or do I seriously have to purchase two different games? I’m praying for the former and someone cane give me the layman’s directions for it.

Thank you,

A Mom’s certifiable reason for Psychosis

:)

Brandi Fischer, May 12, 2023
  2. Smwutches Win User

Parent needing help in understanding how to best to share single player games owned like Subnautica for two minor kids on Family account

3. Brandi Fischer Win User

Parent needing help in understanding how to best to share single player games owned like Subnautica for two minor kids on Family account

Thank you! My children are elated and IT ONLY TOOK MY THREE TIMES to redo my pins and passwords to get this done. Much appreciated
  4. Cosmo G Espacio Win User

Mass Effect 3 Achievements Revealed

if this is real, i like how multiplayer and single player modes share achievements.
  5. Airiak Win User

Red Dead 2

Yes, you can play RDR2 online together. But you'd need your own copies of the game and gold subs. But don't skip the single player campaign, it is honestly the best part of the game.
  6. S73v3 N H4wk1n9 Win User

One thing I actually like about the Xbox One - Circle of friends

Doesnt make sense, Who would even buy games like LIMBO (short and only good for one playthru) with this in place? that is 1/10 the sales at worst and still a massive cut to sales at best.

If you can only access single player like some of the info about has said then massive single player games like fallout 3 and skyrim will sell 1/10 in sales at worst and still a massive cut to sales at best.

There has to be a massive catch 22 here, policies and restirctions around it have not been layed out, there is also no guide line on even how to put people on the family share.
Thema:

Parent needing help in understanding how to best to share single player games owned like...

1. Parent needing help in understanding how to best to share single player games owned like... - Similar Threads - Parent needing help

2. I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it

in XBoX on Windows
    I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it: I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it But I don’t know it 45046c69-2b6c-4dbe-a77f-36abfc2470ea
  3. Why do I still need parent permission?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why do I still need parent permission?: I just bought the Xbox series s and I tried to download rainbow six siege but I said I need parent permission. I already left my xbox/Microsoft family and I am a organiser. Please help me remove...
  4. I cant change my username on xbox or anything that need parental auth

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cant change my username on xbox or anything that need parental auth: So i made a xbox account in like 2016 and then my dad of coruse put parental security on it and we lost the email and now he has a new one and we cant accecs it and it has messed up many things...
  5. How can a parent disable the need for a kid to sign in?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can a parent disable the need for a kid to sign in?: We don't play games online. We actually hate it. Is there a way I can disable the requirement that my kids need their passwords to play games on the Xbox? It's annoying....
  6. I need to bypass family controls reset due to parental controls x 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need to bypass family controls reset due to parental controls x 360: I can't factory reset due to parental controls 6e482b2f-23ea-447d-a12e-cfffc780f9d8
  7. I need to change my account from child to teen but my parents don’t think that they have an...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to change my account from child to teen but my parents don’t think that they have an...: I need to be able to find the account that is controlling that setting. 23ab64ad-7fa1-4a1a-a16b-ef342b90c850
  8. Need help with Xbox One parent account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help with Xbox One parent account: I work at a children's home with several boys in the cottage. They all have a xbox profile/microsoft account that I have in my Microsoft Family. I changed my email address and it messed things up....
  9. Added funds to parent account, now son cannot use funds. Need help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Added funds to parent account, now son cannot use funds. Need help: We did not realize we had set up two accounts. New to having an Xbox. Now funds are on parent account, and not on sons account that he has many hours of progress on his games. Any way to merge...
  10. Need help accessing (self made) parent account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help accessing (self made) parent account: When I made my Xbox account, it made me get a parent account. Later, when I tried to change my settings, I couldn't because I need to log in to my parent account. However, I also have another...