Parent/child region problems

Discus and support Parent/child region problems in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My son has had a profile on his xbox for a long time and has bought several game add-ons etc. We have now agreed to connect him to xbox live. I get as... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Wazzer Warn, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Wazzer Warn
    Wazzer Warn Guest

My son has had a profile on his xbox for a long time and has bought several game add-ons etc. We have now agreed to connect him to xbox live. I get as far as putting in the parental password for our parent profile and I get the error that the regions are
    different and no way back other than to power off. We are both in the same house in the UK and both have btinternet.com email addresses. These cannot be changed as they are established email addresses that we want to keep. I have seen some other threads talking
    about logging in via xbox.com to resolve but to be honest life is too short for the time this stupidity is taking. Can someone help please: 1) How do I check the regions for BOTH profiles? I can't find either. 2) how do I determine what is wrong with them
    and change them if necessary? 3) I presume I can easily login to my account on xbox.com but how do I then associate my sons account (still yet to be created because of this nonsense) on there (cos it will only appear on our console won't it?) Sorry, I am not
    xbox savvy (and don't want to be) so plain English required please! Steph (mother of a crying 7 year old)

:)

Wazzer Warn, Jan 3, 2014
  2. Ro6aato
    Ro6aato Guest
    Child and parent account regions not matching

I got this to work with a couple of .org email accounts and a UK region.

I used the chat support on xbox.com - worked OK.

- create parent account on live.com

- note parent region - shown via login.live.com (and not via other login methods) and you can edit if wrong

- create parent account on xbox.com

- create child account on live.com

- note child region (and fix if nec) as above

- create child account on xbox.com

- associate with parent - will require logging in as parent account

- get prompted for credit card to prove parent age

- bob's your uncle...

Ro6aato, Jan 3, 2014
  3. Cannot connect to live with child account

Have set up a parent live account with region set to united kingdom but when setting up the child account(also set to united kingdom) it comes up with an error message saying that the parent and child regions don't match, already payed for gold account
    so please help.

SinistralDrip04, Jan 3, 2014
  4. Boas BS5
    Boas BS5 Guest

Would it not be easier to simply create a new account for your son? If the region is wrong im not sure that you can change it, it would have been something done when first setting up the account.

Boas BS5, Jan 3, 2014
  5. DaiZwei
    DaiZwei Guest
    You can change the region here although a password is needed to access the account.

DaiZwei, Jan 3, 2014
  6. DaiZwei
    DaiZwei Guest
  7. Hello CovetousRegent1,

Sounds to me like one of the accounts is set up with an american locale. You can change it and see the impact that has by visiting this page. It also has a link for moving the locale.

support.xbox.com/.../change-region

That should then resolve your issue with creating the new child account - but you can see guidance on how to set up a child account here. Does your son already have a microsoft account set up in order to sign into Xbox Live? If he doesn't, you will need
    to create one from http://account.live.com and when you are setting their date of birth and it is set to be a minor, it should prompt you to associate another account to be the "parent." After he has the
    Microsoft account set up, he can use the ID to turn it into a gamertag, redeem a gold subscription code and get online.

Cosmicthoughts, Oct 31, 2018
  8. DaiZwei Win User

9. Boas BS5 Win User

Would it not be easier to simply create a new account for your son? If the region is wrong im not sure that you can change it, it would have been something done when first setting up the account.
  10. Cosmicthoughts Win User

Hello CovetousRegent1,

Sounds to me like one of the accounts is set up with an american locale. You can change it and see the impact that has by visiting this page. It also has a link for moving the locale.

support.xbox.com/.../change-region

That should then resolve your issue with creating the new child account - but you can see guidance on how to set up a child account here. Does your son already have a microsoft account set up in order to sign into Xbox Live? If he doesn't, you will need
    to create one from http://account.live.com and when you are setting their date of birth and it is set to be a minor, it should prompt you to associate another account to be the "parent." After he has the
    Microsoft account set up, he can use the ID to turn it into a gamertag, redeem a gold subscription code and get online.
  11. DaiZwei Win User

You can change the region here although a password is needed to access the account.
  12. Mad Cow Dizease Win User

Migration from Spain to UK.

Child accounts

An Xbox LIVE child account can move to a new region even if the parent account stays in its original region. But the parent will still have to accept the Terms of Use in the new region on the child’s behalf.

-

If the child is a minor (as defined by applicable law) in one region but isn’t a minor in the other region, the account can’t be moved between those regions.
    Looks like as per the second paragraph, it doesn't seem to be possible. You may have to wait until you are 18.
Thema:

1. Parent/child region problems - Similar Threads - Parent child region

2. How can I prevent a child from using a parent account on our home Xbox *without* a passcode?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I prevent a child from using a parent account on our home Xbox *without* a passcode?: Hi everyone, My problem: I have two kids, 7 and 9. They each have their own accounts on the Xbox and have appropriate controls and limits in place. Except they both have unrestricted access to...
  3. How to move child account to new parent account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to move child account to new parent account?: When setting up my son (5) Microsoft account for Minecraft I didn't realize I had 2 Microsoft accounts and now he is set up to the wrong account. How do I fix this?...
  4. Why can't parent's reset child's password - this feature must be re-added to MS Family!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't parent's reset child's password - this feature must be re-added to MS Family!: I recently set up two microsoft accounts specifically for our under 10 kids to play minecraft on the Switch. Of course since they (and I) don't log into their accounts after verifying on devices...
  5. why can a parent add money to their child’s Microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    why can a parent add money to their child’s Microsoft account: why can a parent add money to their child’s Microsoft account if it not letting you add money e974ba10-1168-414a-99dd-f621cee7d340
  6. Parent permission for a child account not working

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parent permission for a child account not working: I bought a new xbox console. Logged in with my parent email. I then tried to add my 7 year old son. I get all the way to a point where i get an email to give him permission. When i click through...
  7. I need to change my account from child to teen but my parents don’t think that they have an...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to change my account from child to teen but my parents don’t think that they have an...: I need to be able to find the account that is controlling that setting. 23ab64ad-7fa1-4a1a-a16b-ef342b90c850
  8. Can my child change their own gamertag without parental input or knowledge?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can my child change their own gamertag without parental input or knowledge?: Hi, My sons gamertag has recently changed and we wondered is this something he can do himself without parental input (he has a child's account and is 8) or should we be concerned about account...
  9. How do I change the age of an account that is a child's account without the parent account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I change the age of an account that is a child's account without the parent account?: The parent account got hacked and is now suspended and I don't know what to do. 7abadc61-6dc5-4b8e-9f23-49e84d5c2cdc
  10. Child and parent account region not matching

in XBoX on Consoles
    Child and parent account region not matching: Hi there I am trying to set up my sons xbox 360 with a live account. When I add my details as a parent it says “locale not supported regions don’t match.” Both accounts have New Zealand as the...