Parent Child account set up the wrong way round

Discus and support Parent Child account set up the wrong way round in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, When we got our Xbox I initially set up accounts to get up and running. It would appear that my Xbox account (adult) is set as a child and that... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Elisa.thomas8, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Parent Child account set up the wrong way round

Hello,

When we got our Xbox I initially set up accounts to get up and running. It would appear that my Xbox account (adult) is set as a child and that my Childs account is the adults. Please can you advise how i would go about correcting this please?

:)

Elisa.thomas8, Jan 8, 2021
  2. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Family Account

The only way to set up a child account is to register it as such (under 18+ of age) and set up as parental account that of an adult.
  3. Knowitall(2) Win User

How can I stop son from purchasing.

Only "Child Accounts and Teen Accounts" accesses can be altered by the "Parental Account." If the account your child uses was set up as an "adult account" the only way to block access is to monitor your child's activity yourself.

For information regarding parental settings/child settings please see this link to the Xbox Support page relating to these options:

support.xbox.com/.../online-safety
  4. andersonpassos Win User

How do I make it so my child can stream on Xbox series s when hes old enough but it says it will be disabled

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

If your child's Xbox Series S account is set up as a child account, there are a few steps you can take to allow your child to stream on the console when they are old enough.

Make sure that your child's account is linked to a parent account. If it is not already linked, you can link the child account to a parent account by going to "Settings" > "Account" > "Family" on the console, and then following the prompts to link the accounts.

Once the child account is linked to a parent account, the parent can change the privacy and online safety settings for the child account by going to "Settings" > "Account" > "Family" > "Manage family members" > [child's name] > "Privacy & online safety".

Under the "Privacy & online safety" settings, the parent can change the settings for "Online safety" and "Broadcasting". For example, the parent can allow the child to participate in multiplayer gaming and share content online, or allow the child to stream content.

If the parent account is not able to change the settings for the child account, it may be because the child account is set up as a "Younger child" account. In this case, the parent will need to request that the child's account be converted to a "Child" account. This can be done by going to "Settings" > "Account" > "Family" > "Manage family members" > [child's name] > "Change to a child account".

I hope this information helps you allow your child to stream on the Xbox Series S.
  5. AngelObullets Win User

Profile Picture

Hi there Vinni 62

They can only do it on adult account not a child account sorry, Even if the parent gives permission the account needs to be an adult not a child, sorry it is the way the account secuirty is set up. Also you cannot change an child account to an adult due
    to it set to date of birth when signing up I hope this helps :D.
  6. Mister Gwyther Win User

Old email

Hey there John! Just to clarify, you have a Child Account, but it's currently attached to the wrong Parent, is that correct? In that case you'd need to first log in to the old Parent Account and remove the child from the Family Menu on the Settings Hub.
    The next time the Child Account logs in, it should prompt for a new Parent Account. Just enter the Parent Account info on those prompts and you're all set to go. Let us know if you have any questions on that, thanks!
Thema:

Parent Child account set up the wrong way round

1. Parent Child account set up the wrong way round - Similar Threads - Parent Child account

2. How can I prevent a child from using a parent account on our home Xbox *without* a passcode?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I prevent a child from using a parent account on our home Xbox *without* a passcode?: Hi everyone, My problem: I have two kids, 7 and 9. They each have their own accounts on the Xbox and have appropriate controls and limits in place. Except they both have unrestricted access to...
  3. How to move child account to new parent account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to move child account to new parent account?: When setting up my son (5) Microsoft account for Minecraft I didn't realize I had 2 Microsoft accounts and now he is set up to the wrong account. How do I fix this?...
  4. why can a parent add money to their child’s Microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    why can a parent add money to their child’s Microsoft account: why can a parent add money to their child’s Microsoft account if it not letting you add money e974ba10-1168-414a-99dd-f621cee7d340
  5. Parent permission for a child account not working

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parent permission for a child account not working: I bought a new xbox console. Logged in with my parent email. I then tried to add my 7 year old son. I get all the way to a point where i get an email to give him permission. When i click through...
  6. I need to change my account from child to teen but my parents don’t think that they have an...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to change my account from child to teen but my parents don’t think that they have an...: I need to be able to find the account that is controlling that setting. 23ab64ad-7fa1-4a1a-a16b-ef342b90c850
  7. How do I change the age of an account that is a child's account without the parent account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I change the age of an account that is a child's account without the parent account?: The parent account got hacked and is now suspended and I don't know what to do. 7abadc61-6dc5-4b8e-9f23-49e84d5c2cdc
  8. Is possible to make a child account independent by removing the parent account or adding a...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is possible to make a child account independent by removing the parent account or adding a...: So my father is a control freak and controls my sister and I's accounts. Some reason he doesn't like my sister so he has been fiddling with all her accounts. and I want to try and help her by...
  9. How to access a child's xbox account that was set up with parent's email and microsoft account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to access a child's xbox account that was set up with parent's email and microsoft account?: I made a big mistake setting up my child's xbox, linking her profile to my email address and microsoft account. I know, I know, so thoughtless!!! Because child is a minor I now cannot access the...
  10. A child account can't access games purchased by the parent account

in XBoX Accessibility
    A child account can't access games purchased by the parent account: I have xbox x and I purchased Rayman. When my kid switch to his account (which is child account) and tries to play Rayman, he gets an error message and asked to switch to the account that...