Parent Child account set up the wrong way round

Discus and support Parent Child account set up the wrong way round in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, When we got our Xbox I initially set up accounts to get up and running. It would appear that my Xbox account (adult) is set as a child and that... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Elisa.thomas8, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Parent Child account set up the wrong way round

Hello,

When we got our Xbox I initially set up accounts to get up and running. It would appear that my Xbox account (adult) is set as a child and that my Childs account is the adults. Please can you advise how i would go about correcting this please?

:)

Elisa.thomas8, Jan 8, 2021
  2. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Family Account

The only way to set up a child account is to register it as such (under 18+ of age) and set up as parental account that of an adult.
  3. Knowitall(2) Win User

How can I stop son from purchasing.

Only "Child Accounts and Teen Accounts" accesses can be altered by the "Parental Account." If the account your child uses was set up as an "adult account" the only way to block access is to monitor your child's activity yourself.

For information regarding parental settings/child settings please see this link to the Xbox Support page relating to these options:

support.xbox.com/.../online-safety
  4. AngelObullets Win User

Profile Picture

Hi there Vinni 62

They can only do it on adult account not a child account sorry, Even if the parent gives permission the account needs to be an adult not a child, sorry it is the way the account secuirty is set up. Also you cannot change an child account to an adult due
    to it set to date of birth when signing up I hope this helps :D.
  5. Mister Gwyther Win User

Old email

Hey there John! Just to clarify, you have a Child Account, but it's currently attached to the wrong Parent, is that correct? In that case you'd need to first log in to the old Parent Account and remove the child from the Family Menu on the Settings Hub.
    The next time the Child Account logs in, it should prompt for a new Parent Account. Just enter the Parent Account info on those prompts and you're all set to go. Let us know if you have any questions on that, thanks!
  6. Wolfie McG Win User

Family Account

The only way to set up a child account is to register it as such (under 18+ of age) and set up as parental account that of an adult.
    As said this has to be right from the get go, there is no getting around that.
Thema:

Parent Child account set up the wrong way round

1. Parent Child account set up the wrong way round - Similar Threads - Parent Child account

2. Move Xbox account from parent Microsoft account to child’s (now adult's) account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Move Xbox account from parent Microsoft account to child’s (now adult's) account: When my son got his Xbox he was a child and used my email address to set up the account, He is now an adult and understandably! would like his account not to be linked to my email address, however...
  3. Parental account: unlock the child account and reset the password over parent account possible?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parental account: unlock the child account and reset the password over parent account possible?: Hello, I may have not posted this in the right forum, so please adjust this, if necessary. I just created an account for my son, so that he is able to play Minecraft online. For this, he...
  4. Parent account doesn't show child exists, but child account shows parent account still.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parent account doesn't show child exists, but child account shows parent account still.: I finally got around to migrating my Mojang account to a Microsoft account to play Minecraft again. After doing so, and merging the now-migrated Mojang account with my previously existing...
  5. parental controls/child accounts

in XBoX Accessibility
    parental controls/child accounts: My kids all have multiple email accounts. One for school, one for xbox, one for email. When I look at microsoft family (account.microsoft.com/family) I see their names, but I can;t see which email...
  6. Need to change a child account into a parent/adult account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need to change a child account into a parent/adult account.: Hello, my daughter has had her Xbox for a few years now and I think she's old enough to have 0 restriction on her console, because there are a lot of silly things she still needs help fixing,...
  7. xbox account telling me its a child account tied to a parent account but I don't think it is

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox account telling me its a child account tied to a parent account but I don't think it is: Hello, I have a problem. My account keeps telling me that its a child account tied to an adult account, but neither of my parents have an xbox account and from what I can find, I don’t think I...
  8. I would like to make my microsoft account not a child account, but the email to the parent...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I would like to make my microsoft account not a child account, but the email to the parent...: I've recently needed to change settings on my microsoft account after not using it for a long time. However, I cant change the privacy settings because my account is a child account. I got the...
  9. Something went wrong parental control child locked out of account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Something went wrong parental control child locked out of account: Hi there I have been on chat and call with Microsoft 5-6 times now and no one can solve this problem so hoping someone here can. For some reasons my adult account has been separated from my...
  10. child account to parent account

in XBoX Accessibility
    child account to parent account: I made an xbox account set up as a child account accidentally years ago and have been trying to find a way to change it to have the same freedoms as a parent account, such as changing the time on...