Parent: Approval Required (the bane of my Microsoft accounts existence)

Discus and support Parent: Approval Required (the bane of my Microsoft accounts existence) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Years ago I bought an xbox 360. My dad then bought CoD MW2 for himself to play on my console (pay attention to "my" that'll be important later). So he... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by eleccross, Jan 6, 2014.

1. eleccross
    eleccross Guest

Years ago I bought an xbox 360. My dad then bought CoD MW2 for himself to play on my console (pay attention to "my" that'll be important later). So he made an Xbox Live account on my Xbox so he could play online. All of a sudden once I finally was able to
    connect my console to the internet my dad's account was made the (technically) admin of my xbox. Anything i wanted to do required his account email and password. My dad didn't assume it would be important so he's long since forgotten the password. Ever since
    then anything that required parental permission has been off limits to me just because of my dads account being owned by someone older than me. Before it was sort of just small things. But now, thanks to the new terms of service, my account has been bricked.
    Not my Xbox, my ACCOUNT. Even if I don't have my 360 any more I still need my account. I'm in the project spark beta and need my account to use it, I go onto the website to log in: "Parent: Approval Required". And that's just the present, I want to by an Xbox
    One and I fear that my account will brick the console due to it's inability to go on xbox live. I beg of anyone who reads this: is it possible to un-link my dads account from mine without him (he won't take the time to reset his password)?. Note that before
    my xbox connected to the internet my mom put in a parental e-mail and password.

:)

eleccross, Jan 6, 2014
  2. TH3 J3WST3R
    TH3 J3WST3R Guest
    Can't accept terms of use, parent email does not exist...

When i accept the terms of use i hit agree and then it sends me to another log in page, this time telling me this "Parent Approval Required: The parent credientials provided are incorrect. Please enter the correct parent microsoft account to continue" i
    made this account quite a while ago, i was younger but i know i never set it up with a parent email needing approval, in other words i HAVE NO PARENT ACCOUNT (my parents do not have a microsoft account, this is the only microsoft account in my whole family)
    to enter so i enter my own log in on the screen asking for parent approval and then it takes me back to the terms of use page, i accept it and then i go back to the parent approval page, its a NEVER ENDING LOOP. this is getting close to doing the same thing
    for 4 weeks now. I have no idea what to do, i see others that just forgot the password to their parents old account but i literally do not have an account, so i am completely lost with what to do...

TH3 J3WST3R, Jan 6, 2014
  3. famyoder
    famyoder Guest
    unable to create new gold account

I have been trying to create xbox profiles for my boys on xbox.com for days as well (they already have microsoft accounts). it won't let me past the "parent: approval required" page. Really frustrating!

famyoder, Jan 6, 2014
  4. Flinstone956
    Flinstone956 Guest

If the parents account is deactivated u can call xbox support to get the parent account change with a different parent email or if he stills has access the email he can still the change the password and once u gain access to the account u change the email
    email to a more update one. If u are already the age of 18yrs old then you should promote your account to an adult account then having it as a child account.

Flinstone956, Jan 7, 2014
  5. Flinstone956 Win User

If the parents account is deactivated u can call xbox support to get the parent account change with a different parent email or if he stills has access the email he can still the change the password and once u gain access to the account u change the email
    email to a more update one. If u are already the age of 18yrs old then you should promote your account to an adult account then having it as a child account.
  6. BananaManzK3 Win User

Parental email required but no details

Ok well i go to My account, then online safety settings then it goes to windows live and says "Parental Approval Required

Your parent associated with this account must enter their Windows Live ID to continue." Now the email dosen't exist anymore. So i can't really do anything here. Theres no other way for me.
  7. EliteXsnipes686 Win User

Terms of Use redirect loop

is there a way to view the parental account that is associated with mine? because every time i enter the parental account i get "PARENTAL APPROVAL REQUIRED

That's not the parent associated with your account. The parent listed on your account will need to sign in with their Microsoft account email." i might be entering the wrong account.
  8. Klokkwork Win User

Unable to accept new terms of use.

Parental Accounts (the actual Microsoft account, not the email itself) are not deleted or non-existent. If they're compromised, that needs to be dealt with. If the emails they're attached to are retired or broken, then alternative steps must be taken to
    reset the Microsoft password for those Parental Accounts. That's most likely going to involve calling Customer Support. There is no easy fix for that. It's not a one-button solution. It does require effort. This happens every time the Terms of Use are
    updated. Child accounts have always required Parental Accounts to approve acceptance of it. If all options to reset the Parental Account password are exhausted, and there's just absolutely no way to recover control of it, I don't know of any other way for
    the Child Account to accept the Terms of Use. Wish I had easier answers.
  9. NathanSkorick Win User

Connecting xbox live acct to existing profile

Same here, I've setup my son with a parent approved Microsoft account and parent approved Xbox Live account. In either case it doesn't let me merge the two.
Thema:

1. Parent: Approval Required (the bane of my Microsoft accounts existence) - Similar Threads - Parent Approval Required

2. I Need to/how do i disable parental controls ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I Need to/how do i disable parental controls ?: I have got an account and when i go into the xbox app and try to request to friend someone it says request approval and then says unable to send your request. Overall i want parental controls...
  3. Why can’t I play Fortnite Any more I keeps asking for parents to hit and allow you to play...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I play Fortnite Any more I keeps asking for parents to hit and allow you to play...: Why won’t you let me play Fortnite any more it says it needs 83.39GB and won’t let me in stall c29f4729-c0cc-4f66-b023-cb6fe76e126e
  4. Parental controls plz help me...

in XboX Insiders
    Parental controls plz help me...: Parental controls plz help Hi xbox parental controls is screwing me over so out of spite my dad put it on so I have to create a new account now but don't want to I love my current account does...
  5. I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock but no account to reset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock but no account to reset.: I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock on it I don't know the pass code or the security question and there is no account on it to reset it. Is there anyway I can factory reset...
  6. Parent Control Pin not working, help

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parent Control Pin not working, help: My boy is trying to link with his friends on PS5 but needs parent control PIN, we have reset but it is still not working 97006f70-1455-411f-8c0f-53e35bd95ede
  7. parental controls. game purchased on my account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    parental controls. game purchased on my account.: Originally the xbox was mine and it is associated with my account. The children have been using it and it has never been a problem. My wife and I feel like our son is spending too much time on it...
  8. How do I get my parent approved game to download?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I get my parent approved game to download?: I bought a game called BattleBlock Theater to play, it was approved by my dad and bought and all it says is “working on it” it’s been two hours and hasn’t been download or anything, what do I do?...
  9. How do I get my parent approved game to download?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I get my parent approved game to download?: I bought a game called BattleBlock Theater to play, it was approved by my dad and bought and all it says is “working on it” it’s been two hours and hasn’t been download or anything, what do I do?...
  10. I purchased Creation Club credits in Skyrim SE and my parent approved my request. But it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I purchased Creation Club credits in Skyrim SE and my parent approved my request. But it...: I purchased Creation Club credits in Skyrim SE and my parent approved my request. But it doesn’t show up on order history. eae9e753-9867-411a-a93e-2fc04113b71c