Parent account doesn't show child exists, but child account shows parent account still.

Discus and support Parent account doesn't show child exists, but child account shows parent account still. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I finally got around to migrating my Mojang account to a Microsoft account to play Minecraft again. After doing so, and merging the now-migrated Mojang... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Nicolas LST, Jul 27, 2022.

1. Nicolas LST
    Nicolas LST Guest

Parent account doesn't show child exists, but child account shows parent account still.

I finally got around to migrating my Mojang account to a Microsoft account to play Minecraft again. After doing so, and merging the now-migrated Mojang account with my previously existing Microsoft account, it wouldn't let me access multiplayer or realms on Minecraft.

I found out that the Microsoft account I use was actually a child account with an incorrect birth date (I rarely use the Microsoft account so I didn't notice this earlier). I am currently 19 but the account thinks I am 5, so the parental-lock settings and things were enabled, preventing multiplayer. I was unable to change the date of birth on the child account (understandably) so I had to log into my parent's account to change things from that end.

However, after removing the child account and then deleting the family group from the parent account, the child account still shows it as apart of the family group, as if the parent had never removed my account in the first place. Also, more on a side note, attempting to re-add the child account doesn't seem to work, as no matter how many invites I accepted from the child account, the parent account never sees the child added back, but I get no error/message saying the child is already part of a family. That isn't the main issue, but I feel it's worth mentioning since a possible solution might be to re-add the child and change the date of birth from that end, which I am unable to do.

I do have access to both parent/child account emails and passwords if that helps with trying to fix this.

:)

Nicolas LST, Jul 27, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

I'm glad it is working now! I asked just because usually for the settings to take effects you would need to sign off and in again if you were playing on the console.

If you need any further assistance with this, please let me know. Else, have a nice week and great gaming!
  3. Lucas Lauer Win User

Please keep me posted on how this goes!
  4. Nicolas LST Win User

Yeah I am realizing that now. I appreciate the help again lol.

Currently in the process of adding the account back to change it.
  5. Lucas Lauer Win User

This would still not work. Changing your Microsoft account birthdate does not change your Xbox profile birthdate. This was just a step done - but your parent still need to do one more step. Your parent (the organizer for the group) still need to change your Xbox privacy settings (at https://account.xbox.com/settings) so you can play multiplayer.

For more information, please refer to:

https://support.xbox.com/help/family-online-saf...

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/family-onli...
  6. Nicolas LST Win User

Alright so I figured it out.

Attempting to add the child account didn't work as it said the child account was already apart of a group. I learned through talking with my parent that there was a separate email. Basically two sets of parent and child accounts. I was able to get into the *other* parent account and have changed the child account's age from there. I haven't tested if this will allow me to actually play multiplayer/realms on Minecraft yet, but if I don't reply again to this thread, any future viewers can assume it did in fact work and all is well. :D

Thank you again for all your help!
Thema:

1. Parent account doesn't show child exists, but child account shows parent account still. - Similar Threads - Parent account doesn't

2. I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock but no account to reset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock but no account to reset.: I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock on it I don't know the pass code or the security question and there is no account on it to reset it. Is there anyway I can factory reset...
  3. parental controls. game purchased on my account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    parental controls. game purchased on my account.: Originally the xbox was mine and it is associated with my account. The children have been using it and it has never been a problem. My wife and I feel like our son is spending too much time on it...
  4. Parental Lock on Adult Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parental Lock on Adult Account: I tried to buy the gamepass but it wouldn't let me saying that "You need an adult to buy this". A quick google search said something about a family group and when I checked it showed I was in one,...
  5. How can I prevent a child from using a parent account on our home Xbox *without* a passcode?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I prevent a child from using a parent account on our home Xbox *without* a passcode?: Hi everyone, My problem: I have two kids, 7 and 9. They each have their own accounts on the Xbox and have appropriate controls and limits in place. Except they both have unrestricted access to...
  6. Parental Lock on Adult Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parental Lock on Adult Account: I tried to buy the gamepass but it wouldn't let me saying that "You need an adult to buy this". A quick google search said something about a family group and when I checked it showed I was in one,...
  7. HBO Max has parental restrictions on certain movies/shows but my Xbox account doesn't have...

in XBoX Accessibility
    HBO Max has parental restrictions on certain movies/shows but my Xbox account doesn't have...: Really don't understand what's going on and I couldn't come across any helpful info on this. I was just using HBO Max the other day and now today I can't watch the same show I was watching a...
  8. My parent doesn't have access to his account and can't change my privacy settings.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My parent doesn't have access to his account and can't change my privacy settings.: I migrated my MC account and then I was unable to play Multiplayer. I asked my parent to allow multiplayer in privacy setting but she was unable to login to her account. She tried to Reset her...
  9. Xbox live account doesn't have full access and needs a parent.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox live account doesn't have full access and needs a parent.: So I recently got myself an xbox one. However, when trying to do simple things like changing my avatar or playing a backwards compatible game, I need permission from a parent? I am over the age of...
  10. Parent account that doesn't exist

in XBoX on Consoles
    Parent account that doesn't exist: Everytime I try to log in it asks for a parent account that is just the backup email. And when I select that it comes up with an error message. I tried signing out and now I can't het it back on...