Parent account automatically signs in on Xbox app on child's PC

Discus and support Parent account automatically signs in on Xbox app on child's PC in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi all. Our household currently has an Xbox One console and two children's PCs. The Parent account has Game Pass ultimate and each of the child... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by KateTTT, Dec 14, 2020.

1. KateTTT
    KateTTT Guest

Hi all.

Our household currently has an Xbox One console and two children's PCs.

The Parent account has Game Pass ultimate and each of the child accounts on Microsoft Family have their own Game Pass.

The issue I'm having is with the Xbox app on both the children's PCs. When launched it automatically logs in under the child accounts, which is fine and as expected.

However, they are both able to log out, click 'Switch User', at which point they can select my Parent account and when they click 'Let's Play' they do not get prompted for a password/pin. Having logged in with my account they can make purchases and although
    this prompts for a pin, it is not MY pin that gets accepted but the childrens'.

i.e. my son can log in to my account and make purchases using his pin, and my daughter can log in to my account and make purchases using her pin

This is not how I intended this to be set up!

Clearly I have got the settings wrong.

The same issue is happening in the Microsoft Store App.

Please could someone guide me through how to set this up properly or point me to where this as been answered?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

UPDATE

Managed to chat to Xbox support who advised to reset the apps (Xbox and Microsoft Store) as the only way to undo a "remember me" which may have been previously selected on sign in. This is the Reset option under 'Advanced Settings' in Settings - Apps on
    the PC.

I tried this for both apps and it didn't work. Having signed out of both apps and "reset" them, both of them when launched behave the same way - auto sign in to child account, parent account is available to sign into and once signed into the parent account,
    purchases can be made with the CHILD's pin.

I even tried uninstalling one of the apps (Xbox) and the same issue occurs - in fact when re-installing it, you get a message "retrieving user data" and upon launch, same thing happens.

I am beginning to think this is not some error I have made when purchasing Game Pass for my kids but some awful glitch in the Family settings.

Would be very grateful to hear from others who have encountered a similar issue or know if there is a solution?

:)

KateTTT, Dec 14, 2020
  2. Tezzerrific Win User

Change the license of minecraft

create each child their own accounts and use yours as the parent account, then on each pc when they are signed in open the store and xbox app and sign out, sign in with your name and download minecraft, once done log out of the store and xbox app on both and log in with their names respectively and boom they both have minecraft and their own gamertags.
  3. Zahir_Ramathula Win User

Minecraft won’t download from the store with family safety on

Digital game licenses are associated to the Microsoft account used to purchase the game. To download and install the game on the child account, you'll need to sign in to the Windows 10 PC using the child's profile, and then sign in to the Windows Store app using the parent account. Here are the steps:

On the Windows 10 PC, sign in using the child's account, and then launch Windows Store.

At the upper part beside the Search box, click the account picture.

Click the profile, and then click Sign out.

Click again the user icon next to the search box, and then click Sign in.

Select Microsoft account.

Enter the email address and password of the parent account.

Click Sign in.

Install the game.

After installing the game, restart the device so that the changes can take effect. Sign in using the child's profile on Windows 10. Access the game and see if it works.
  4. XBF George L Win User

XBox One Time Limits not working

Thanks for the replies!

So when your son is able to sign into the account on the days that it is set to blocked is it possible that there is also an adult account signed in even though its not being used. If a parental account is signed in at the same time as the child account
    then it assumes that the child account has permission since they are playing together. If the child has figured this out you can Set up a Passkey
    to prevent the parental account from being signed in.

A passkey protects against a child signing in as the parent and overriding parental controls. A personal passkey prevents a child from simply clicking on the parent’s picture, signing in as the parent, and changing the child’s otherwise
    parentally controlled settings.
  5. denis97g Win User

Saving Password

Hello, I think it's because your son has a child account and the parent account needs also to be signed in.In settings you should find an option to log in automatically.
  6. BoySamusMetroid Win User

Profile for son has attached itself to some random profile - cannot remove

It sounds like you just mean the default parent account it sets up. If it has some random name like "PortedOak" or "TrustedOmnivore", that's probably all it is. When setting up a child account (under 18) a parent account is automatically set up to control
    what the child is allowed to do. If they can't sign on their own profiles, that is a problem, though.
Thema:

1. Parent account automatically signs in on Xbox app on child's PC - Similar Threads - Parent account automatically

2. I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock but no account to reset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock but no account to reset.: I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock on it I don't know the pass code or the security question and there is no account on it to reset it. Is there anyway I can factory reset...
  3. parental controls. game purchased on my account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    parental controls. game purchased on my account.: Originally the xbox was mine and it is associated with my account. The children have been using it and it has never been a problem. My wife and I feel like our son is spending too much time on it...
  4. Parental Lock on Adult Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parental Lock on Adult Account: I tried to buy the gamepass but it wouldn't let me saying that "You need an adult to buy this". A quick google search said something about a family group and when I checked it showed I was in one,...
  5. How can I prevent a child from using a parent account on our home Xbox *without* a passcode?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I prevent a child from using a parent account on our home Xbox *without* a passcode?: Hi everyone, My problem: I have two kids, 7 and 9. They each have their own accounts on the Xbox and have appropriate controls and limits in place. Except they both have unrestricted access to...
  6. Parental Lock on Adult Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parental Lock on Adult Account: I tried to buy the gamepass but it wouldn't let me saying that "You need an adult to buy this". A quick google search said something about a family group and when I checked it showed I was in one,...
  7. Xbox 360 - "Invalid Parent Microsoft Account"

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox 360 - "Invalid Parent Microsoft Account": I am trying to log into Xbox Live with my old Xbox 360, however when I try to sign in, an error appears saying: "Your parent's Microsoft account isn't valid. Your parent needs to choose a...
  8. How to move child account to new parent account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to move child account to new parent account?: When setting up my son (5) Microsoft account for Minecraft I didn't realize I had 2 Microsoft accounts and now he is set up to the wrong account. How do I fix this?...
  9. Erase Parental Permissions on an adult account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Erase Parental Permissions on an adult account: In Fortnite, I am trying to buying VBucks. My Microsoft store account is charged. but Fortnite keeps asking me for parental permission. I am an adult. how can i erase parental permission setting....
  10. XBox Parent Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    XBox Parent Account: My child has been logging into the parent account and building up game content and status. Is there a way to remove the billing, credit, and additional information from that profile and transfer...