Paradox Launcher - DLC ownership error - 0x80070490

Discus and support Paradox Launcher - DLC ownership error - 0x80070490 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hey, I'm unable to play Paradox games (Europa Universalis IV) with my DLCs. This is because I get the "We were unable to verify ownership of this DLC".... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Dk034, Nov 7, 2021.

1. Dk034
    Dk034 Guest

Hey, I'm unable to play Paradox games (Europa Universalis IV) with my DLCs. This is because I get the "We were unable to verify ownership of this DLC".
    In logs I can find this:
    XStoreAcquireLicenseForPackageAsync failed with error (0x80070490)
    XStoreAcquireLicenseForPackageResult failed with error (0x80070490)

I tried reinstalling the game, addons, resetting Windows Store, reinstalling the Xbox app and its components. Nothing helps.

One day it fixed itself, on its own. Another day it happened again.

While I was affected on one PC (desktop), it worked fine on my second one (notebook). Using the same Windows/Xbox account.

Windows and Windows Store are all up to date. No pending updates or anything like that.

What is going on? I suppose it's not the Launcher because on another PC it worked fine. I found something on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/XboxGamePass/comments/gfa9z3/xbox_game_pass_ultimate_installs_nothing_any_more/

but don't know how it relates to each other.

Paradox Launcher - DLC ownership error - 0x80070490 [​IMG]

:)

Dk034, Nov 7, 2021
  2. XBF - Staniel Win User

Greetings Dk034,

Sorry to hear about your issues with accessing the game content.

We were experiencing issues with recognizing purchases over the weekend, even if what you tried to access worked on one PC but not another. Please advise if this issue is still happening for you.
  3. DamagedOrange Win User

Hearts of Iron IV DLC not functioning.

I was able to try each of the things you suggested but unfortunately that did not work. The DLC appears installed in the MS store and in the Xbox app, and in the paradox launcher the DLC is enabled but in game each dlc is still locked and says to purchase them in the MS store.
  4. Manic Minato Win User

Sooo... about 'dat ending. *****, THIS HAS SPOILERS*

The entire storyline was just a'bunch of bullshit if you ask me. I enjoyed the game, I'll buy abunch of DLC, and I might even play it a second time, but the storyline consisted of "PARADOX, PARADOX, YEUL, PARADOX, YEUL NO. 3463: PARADOX PARADOX, SERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH."
  5. x Swangod x Win User

Sunset Overdrive DLC Error Code

Hi Unsolved Paradox. No, I tried to redeem on my XB1 console. There is no scannable code as the DLC codes were emailed to me. The other code I received worked right away. This Hangover DLC error code was from my Xbox One.
  6. XBF Ezra G Win User

Recibi un mensaje de error en xbox one[I got an error message on xbox one]

Thema:

1. Paradox Launcher - DLC ownership error - 0x80070490 - Similar Threads - Paradox Launcher DLC

2. I am unable to link my Microsoft account with my Paradox account. I’m trying to get mods...

in XBoX on Windows
    I am unable to link my Microsoft account with my Paradox account. I’m trying to get mods...: I am unable to link my Microsoft account with my Paradox account. I’m trying to get mods onto my GamePass version of Crusader Kings 3 and I think linking the accounts would fix that. I can’t get...
  3. My paradox and microsoft account wont link

in XBoX on Windows
    My paradox and microsoft account wont link: so when i try to link them it says Something went wrong. ead08890-475d-4215-ad09-57230fc77011
  4. Why don't I receive the Paradox account link email

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why don't I receive the Paradox account link email: I am trying to link my Microsoft account in my Paradox account but I do not receive the email to my Microsoft account. 5424a6e8-d750-4dda-9f9c-fffb5ff33f84
  5. unable to link microsoft account with paradox launcher

in XBoX on Windows
    unable to link microsoft account with paradox launcher: I am trying to link my Microsoft account with Crusader Kings 3 on Paradox launcher, I'm accessing CK3 through Gamepass, but i previously paid for the expansion pass, but i am unable to access all...
  6. i cant link my paradox account to my xbox pls help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i cant link my paradox account to my xbox pls help: So basicly i cant i link the account to my paradox account and it says "Could not link to XBOX. There is an issue with the Microsoft account. Resolve either on console or by signing in to...
  7. HOI4 I CANT TAKE ACHIEVEMENTS (Logged in with Paradox account)

in XBoX on Windows
    HOI4 I CANT TAKE ACHIEVEMENTS (Logged in with Paradox account): after HOI4 update 1.9.1 in my achievements shows me this: I'm connected to the paradox account. What is the problem? I play from xbox game pass version. I tried "reset" and "repair" but nothing...
  8. You'll need the internet for this. Paradox

in XBoX on Consoles
    You'll need the internet for this. Paradox: You'll need the internet for this. ( I cant use my pad because I have to connect to wifi first but im unable to do so without working pad) PARADOX pls answer . I don't have usb flash drive to do...
  9. Stellaris console edition paradox con

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Stellaris console edition paradox con: So during paradox con paradox announced more dlc coming to Stellaris console edition from the trailer it will be apocalypse, humanoid pack, synthetic, dawn distant stars, and megacorp. Is there...
  10. Error code: 0x80070005 - Paradox Rome Imperator

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code: 0x80070005 - Paradox Rome Imperator: When trying to install Rome Imperator, I get the following error : Error code: 0x80070005 Any solutions? ff41f6a4-647a-4d0b-b356-fdf03a54afea