PAL / NTSC Game Sonic Unleashed bought and can't play in Europe (PAL)

Discus and support PAL / NTSC Game Sonic Unleashed bought and can't play in Europe (PAL) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; A few weeks ago I bought game "Sonic Unleashed" that is PAL/NTSC on Xbox store. When I started it, it says wrong disc format message. I was looking... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by StanawalkaWorld, Aug 26, 2016.

1. PAL / NTSC Game Sonic Unleashed bought and can't play in Europe (PAL)

A few weeks ago I bought game "Sonic Unleashed" that is PAL/NTSC on
    Xbox store.

When I started it, it says wrong disc format message.

I was looking EVERYWHERE and the only answer was, that i can't do anything.

Is there any way, that i can play the game or something?

:)

StanawalkaWorld, Aug 26, 2016
  2. Playing Japanese Xbox 360 games on US console

Usually japanese games dont play on a us console, we are ntsc based so if a japanese disc has pal any where on it, that would be a no go. NTSC and PAL are different region based games and can be applied to consoles or discs.

US=NTSC Europe=PAL

Master Sergeant, Aug 26, 2016
  3. problem with start up just danse 2014

the Problem is: a console or a game purchased in europe is using PAL Standards, USA is using NTSC Standards, and both do not mix well, so the game wont start unless both are either PAL or both are NTSC.

StefanNeubauer, Aug 26, 2016
  4. QuickMythril
    QuickMythril Guest

did you buy the game as a physical disc, or purchase the digital game thru the xbox store?

if you have a physical disc, they are usually region locked. Sonic Unleashed specifically comes as a PAL-only compatible disc, or an NTSC/U + NTSC/J disc. i do not believe there is a Region Free copy, or any copy that would work on both PAL and NTSC/U
    consoles. unfortunately you would need a different disc to play on a PAL console if the copy you have is not compatible.

info: [Mod Removed]

QuickMythril, Aug 26, 2016
  5. QuickMythril

I bought digital version on computer on xbox.com. Everyone in my country are playing this game with physical disc.

I have a feeling, that I bought NTSC version, because of error/bug.

I think, if i buy physical version with PAL symbol, it should work

StanawalkaWorld, Nov 2, 2018
  6. Master Sergeant Win User

Playing Japanese Xbox 360 games on US console

Usually japanese games dont play on a us console, we are ntsc based so if a japanese disc has pal any where on it, that would be a no go. NTSC and PAL are different region based games and can be applied to consoles or discs.

US=NTSC Europe=PAL
  7. QuickMythril Win User

did you buy the game as a physical disc, or purchase the digital game thru the xbox store?

if you have a physical disc, they are usually region locked. Sonic Unleashed specifically comes as a PAL-only compatible disc, or an NTSC/U + NTSC/J disc. i do not believe there is a Region Free copy, or any copy that would work on both PAL and NTSC/U
    consoles. unfortunately you would need a different disc to play on a PAL console if the copy you have is not compatible.

info: [Mod Removed]
  8. StanawalkaWorld Win User

QuickMythril

I bought digital version on computer on xbox.com. Everyone in my country are playing this game with physical disc.

I have a feeling, that I bought NTSC version, because of error/bug.

I think, if i buy physical version with PAL symbol, it should work
  9. JosefLBohorquez Win User

How to fix error code 0x8082000c (backwards compatibility)?

This can be a bit odd. But if you live in Europe, the disc is PAL or NTSC?
    If it's NTSC you may need to get the PAL version

And the opposite if you live in America
  10. StefanNeubauer Win User

problem with start up just danse 2014

the Problem is: a console or a game purchased in europe is using PAL Standards, USA is using NTSC Standards, and both do not mix well, so the game wont start unless both are either PAL or both are NTSC.
Thema:

1. PAL / NTSC Game Sonic Unleashed bought and can't play in Europe (PAL) - Similar Threads - PAL NTSC Game

2. Xbox 360 PAL & NTSC hdmi and Power brick

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 PAL & NTSC hdmi and Power brick: Does My xbox 360 pal And hdtv support ntsc and pal if i hooked a hdmi , they say if my xbox is pal there is pal setting but w)hen i connect hdmi the pal setting is gone and i can still play PAL...
  3. Xbox 360 Pal and ntsc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Pal and ntsc: Hi I wanna ask if my xbox 360 is pal or ntsc , i heard someone said if theres pal in my settings it means its pal but when i change to hdmi the pal setting is gone but i can play pal games is my...
  4. NTSC 360 Game Bully Scholarship Edition not working on PAL Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    NTSC 360 Game Bully Scholarship Edition not working on PAL Series X: Hi, I accidentally bought the NTSC version of Bully Scholarship Edition and while it works fine on my PAL XBOX One X the disc even will be recognised when inserted in my PAL Series X. The One X...
  5. Will a PAL original Xbox game play on my NTSC Xbox 360?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will a PAL original Xbox game play on my NTSC Xbox 360?: I really want to play the Futurama game but I wanna know if it will work. Will it? a7ff44b4-3351-4653-96f1-32122cfba549
  6. pal game or ntsc game dont know whether console is pal or ntsc

in XBoX on Consoles
    pal game or ntsc game dont know whether console is pal or ntsc: hello i have my xbox 360 console from north america.I was shopping for games, I came across pal and ntsc versions i had the console from last 5 years and never payed attention to that. I went...
  7. Can i play ntsc region game on my pal region xbox 360?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can i play ntsc region game on my pal region xbox 360?: And if yes how? The xbox says this is unrecognized disc Or the disc scratched I no have any more idea 833b4e99-9508-4f8c-bac6-db3d8504e7f9
  8. PAL Original XBox game on NTSC Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PAL Original XBox game on NTSC Xbox 360: Hello, I recently received a copy of FIFA '06 (one of my all time favorites) from a friend. I found out that the game is from Europe and is a PAL copy. To my knowledge there is no region...
  9. NTSC game on PAL xbox360?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    NTSC game on PAL xbox360?: Hi everyone!!! Does anyone know if a NTSC game can work on a XBOX360 PAL version (bought in 2012)? Thanks for your support. 5f08a858-b623-4c64-9db7-5d226db71277
  10. ntsc game on pal 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ntsc game on pal 360: just got Christmas present from usa fifa 16 but unable to play as its showing region lock ANY HELP PLEASE fbe6114f-4881-4c42-a086-813c3751a227