Packet Loss

Discus and support Packet Loss in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Packet Loss Hello LilyEleftheriou, I hope everything is going well! Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I believe your console might... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by LilyEleftheriou, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Packet Loss

Packet Loss
    Hello LilyEleftheriou, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support.

I believe your console might need either a network reset or just a system refresh. I would like you to go through the following steps to clear the Mac address and then perform a quick power cycle on your console:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

After going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console.

Another thing you should check is your NAT type.

If it is not open, you will need to open some ports with your internet provider. These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work: Port 88 (UDP) Port 3074 (UDP and TCP) Port 53 (UDP and TCP) Port 80 (TCP) Port 500 (UDP) Port 3544 (UDP) Port 4500 (UDP).

In case the issue still persists after the previous steps have been performed here is the official link to all the network troubleshooting steps that can help sort this out for you.

The link: Troubleshoot your Xbox One network connection | Xbox Support

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!

:)

LilyEleftheriou, Feb 26, 2021
  2. Trust A Zombie Win User

100% Packet Loss

I am having a problem with this packet loss too. 100% packet loss
  3. MasculinEHtor Win User

Post here if you have high ping and packet loss

I am also experiencing unacceptable upload packet loss:

Provider: SaskTel

Ping: 74ms

Download Speed: 3.85Mbs

Upload Speed: 0.69Mbs

Download Packet Loss: 0%

Upload Packet Loss: 8%
  4. Qualthis Win User

100% Packet Loss

Same issue. 100% Packet loss. No packet loss from my PC. Wireless connection via my Xbox one. Has been working fine just 10 hours ago. Tried it today: 100% packet loss.
  5. TheSylntChamber Win User

WHY????

Oh and if you had 50% packet loss to Google then right there is your problem and it fits with the issue you described. Packet loss.
  6. SickAndTiredofPoorSe Win User

Xbox One HIGH Packet loss

In XBOX One, if you had no problems before and it was working, then likely the high packet loss is solely a problem in the console. I have a business class connection for example-- 0% packet loss, and about 10-12ms on any server . Yesterday, my XBOX one
    (plugged into the same network, in the same was as every other server here-- wired, not wireless) was 0% @ 73ms. Today, it's 78% packet loss at 83ms, while the server next to it is 0% packet loss @ 10-12ms.

But today, I can't login due to xbox live core signup issues-- which tells me the packet loss indicator is tied to 'phone home' or some other mechanism tied to their core. The high packet loss value is therefore erroneous.
Thema:

Packet Loss

1. Packet Loss - Similar Threads - Packet Loss

2. High Packet loss, how do I go about fixing this? Thank you.

in XBoX on Consoles
    High Packet loss, how do I go about fixing this? Thank you.: My Xbox series X is showing that I have high packet loss. How do I resolve this? Thank you. 7d6012e1-5d69-49ee-b217-1f85f9637990
  3. My xbox one x is consistently getting 160ms ping but 0% packet loss and 100mb/s speed over...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one x is consistently getting 160ms ping but 0% packet loss and 100mb/s speed over...: Every time I do that detailed network statistics, I get 155ms to 165ms of latency but 0% packet loss on both wifi as well as ethernet connection. Although all of my other devices get ping of...
  4. why I'm I get packet loss after 8pm never before evey night

in XBoX on Consoles
    why I'm I get packet loss after 8pm never before evey night: for weeks now I've been get packet loss but the weird thing is only happens after 8pm never before I've spoken to Vodafone for hour an half running tests but nothing wrong on there end. I'm wired...
  5. 100% packet loss

in XBoX on Consoles
    100% packet loss: For the past 4 days I've been having the 100% packet loss problem. I can play certain games perfectly fine, but other get an error when launched. I've contacted my ISP, but everything was fine...
  6. Xbox is connected to internet but I have 100% packet loss, unsuccessful UPnP, and strict NAT.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox is connected to internet but I have 100% packet loss, unsuccessful UPnP, and strict NAT.: Just recently purchased the series X and I am trying to connect it to my college campus wifi. I had no issues with my previous console which was a one s. I am trying to use a wired connection and...
  7. My xbox uses a wired connection through an ethernet, yet I am experiencing 100% packet loss...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox uses a wired connection through an ethernet, yet I am experiencing 100% packet loss...: My download and upload speed are fairly below average (17mbps and 1.6mbps), yet haven't been an issue in the past. Latency and MTU also are looking normal. My wireless connection for phones etc...
  8. Packet loss

in XBoX on Consoles
    Packet loss: 100% packet loss. Can play other games online just not mw3. Tried power cycling console, tried restarting modem and router, reset console keeping apps, wireless strength is 100%...
  9. Packet Loss

in XBoX on Consoles
    Packet Loss: Is anyone else having packet loss issues and if do any tips on how to fix it I switched to wired and I tried other networks I think it’s a Xbox problem. I tried to restart Wi-Fi and console...
  10. 100% packet loss while connected to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    100% packet loss while connected to internet: I’m connected to the internet and my nat type is open but I have 100% packet loss I’ve tried everything restarting everything and nothing worked what can I do 0cc97cf4-e9a4-4f67-bfca-8e8762c5766b