Packet loss with wired connection

Discus and support Packet loss with wired connection in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I’ve got a wired Ethernet connection directly to my Xbox one S however I am still getting packet loss when gaming. On network speed and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Katie Clarkson, Jul 5, 2022.

1. Packet loss with wired connection

Hello,

I’ve got a wired Ethernet connection directly to my Xbox one S however I am still getting packet loss when gaming. On network speed and statistics my latency was 35-40. My download speed is fine but I am still lagging really bad when playing online. Can anyone help with this please?

:)

Katie Clarkson, Jul 5, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, Katie. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

Please go to Settings > Network settings > Advanced settings > DNS settings > Select manual.

It will ask you to manually fill your primary and secundary DNS IP. Try with these two combinations to see which one performs better:

Primary: 1.1.1.1 / Secundary: 1.0.0.1

Primary: 8.8.8.8 / Secundary: 8.8.4.4

After that, on the same screen, go to Alternate MAC address > Clear > Restart. This will restart your console.

After the restart, go to Network settings again > Advanced settings > Alternate port selection. Try with each one of the ports and see which one gives you a better gaming experience.

You can test your connection right after changing ports and/or DNS. Just click on "Test network speed" on your Network settings page.

If the issue persists, please check your current NAT type:

Press the Xbox button > Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Network settings. Under Current Network Status, the NAT Type field displays your current NAT type.

You need your NAT type to be Open. You also want to be sure there are no errors such as Double NAT detected or UPnP not successful displayed.

Please let me know how it goes and feel free to ask back any questions.
  3. AngelObullets Win User

My Xbox One will not update

Hi there Ratowski

Can you try using a wired connection instead of an wireless connection in case there is packet loss that is causing this issue.
  4. xx MAYHEM71 xx Win User

154ms PING - XBOX ONE live issue

ping test result of computer packet sent 100 packet received 100 packet loss 0

approximate round trip times in milli seconds minimum 63ms max 67ms average 63ms

xbox one test download 6.7 upload 0.5 latency 201 mtu 1480 packet loss 14%..... wired connection
  5. Mister Maka Win User

Lag in all forms of multiplayer

Hey there again.

Thanks a ton for the details on this. That packet loss can definitely cause issues, even at just 1%. 35% packet loss is quite a bit more, what is the make and model of your network hardware and are you able to test a wired connection to see if there's any change?
  6. brandowww Win User

100% Packet Loss

Update - I have tried wired connection and the packet loss is still 100% I will try factory resetting and see how that goes.
Thema:

1. Packet loss with wired connection - Similar Threads - Packet loss wired

2. High Packet loss, how do I go about fixing this? Thank you.

in XBoX on Consoles
    High Packet loss, how do I go about fixing this? Thank you.: My Xbox series X is showing that I have high packet loss. How do I resolve this? Thank you. 7d6012e1-5d69-49ee-b217-1f85f9637990
  3. My xbox one x is consistently getting 160ms ping but 0% packet loss and 100mb/s speed over...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one x is consistently getting 160ms ping but 0% packet loss and 100mb/s speed over...: Every time I do that detailed network statistics, I get 155ms to 165ms of latency but 0% packet loss on both wifi as well as ethernet connection. Although all of my other devices get ping of...
  4. why I'm I get packet loss after 8pm never before evey night

in XBoX on Consoles
    why I'm I get packet loss after 8pm never before evey night: for weeks now I've been get packet loss but the weird thing is only happens after 8pm never before I've spoken to Vodafone for hour an half running tests but nothing wrong on there end. I'm wired...
  5. 100% packet loss

in XBoX on Consoles
    100% packet loss: For the past 4 days I've been having the 100% packet loss problem. I can play certain games perfectly fine, but other get an error when launched. I've contacted my ISP, but everything was fine...
  6. Xbox is connected to internet but I have 100% packet loss, unsuccessful UPnP, and strict NAT.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox is connected to internet but I have 100% packet loss, unsuccessful UPnP, and strict NAT.: Just recently purchased the series X and I am trying to connect it to my college campus wifi. I had no issues with my previous console which was a one s. I am trying to use a wired connection and...
  7. My xbox uses a wired connection through an ethernet, yet I am experiencing 100% packet loss...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox uses a wired connection through an ethernet, yet I am experiencing 100% packet loss...: My download and upload speed are fairly below average (17mbps and 1.6mbps), yet haven't been an issue in the past. Latency and MTU also are looking normal. My wireless connection for phones etc...
  8. Packet loss

in XBoX on Consoles
    Packet loss: 100% packet loss. Can play other games online just not mw3. Tried power cycling console, tried restarting modem and router, reset console keeping apps, wireless strength is 100%...
  9. I have a 100% packet loss with a wired connection on my series x and I can't figure out why...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a 100% packet loss with a wired connection on my series x and I can't figure out why...: I ran "test Multiplayer connection" option and I get " You have high packet loss" " your packet loss is 100% I then run "test network speed & statistics" and get the following "DL speed 61.76 UPL...
  10. XBOX One horrible upload speed, packet loss and i'm on a WIRE.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One horrible upload speed, packet loss and i'm on a WIRE.: OK i'm not here to ask for the same obvious tech support tips that everyone's mother already knows so only remark if you know what your talking about. System is the xbox one original (with a...