packet loss / internet issue

Discus and support packet loss / internet issue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; i dont know if it's just me but i get packet loss and lag spikes on every game i play on my xbox series s 7bd362d1-4ab4-40e2-b897-fbc76a3382a7 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by yourdisplayname12, Mar 11, 2022.

1. packet loss / internet issue

i dont know if it's just me but i get packet loss and lag spikes on every game i play on my xbox series s

:)

yourdisplayname12, Mar 11, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi Yourdisplayname12! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Please perform a power cycle reset, follow these steps:

Unplug the power cable from the back of the router, modem, or gateway for 5 minutes. If you have a router and a modem, unplug the power cable from both devices.

Restart your Xbox console. Press and hold the Xbox button in the center of your Xbox controller to open the Power Center. Select Restart console and then select Restart. (If the console appears to be frozen, press and hold the Xbox button  on the console for 10 seconds, until the console turns off. After the console shuts down, touch the Xbox button on the console again to restart.)

After 5 minutes, plug the modem or gateway in first, and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

If you are using a router, plug in the router and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

**If this doesn't work please try a different network and test the connectivity, could be a mobile hotspot
  3. Mikeysoonerfan Win User

Xbox multiplayer problem

Could be your internet as a whole. Maybe packet loss with noise in the line. Best thing to do is to speed test. It will list your packet loss. Plus high jitter or a high ping will also mean there is an issue with noise in the line. Might worth a look.
  4. AngelObullets Win User

I can’t go into a party or send or receive texts

Hi there

Sorry to hear you having this issue. I seen this issue when there is packet loss. Are you using a wired or wireless internet connection?.
  5. PROTEUS50CAL Win User

High Packet Loss

Hi im kinda new to the hole internet fixing thing but my X1 has always had a packet loss of 100% but after reading a description of what packet loss is i am quite curious as to how my xbox and internet are still functioning normaly... Not only that but it
    dosent show upload or download packet loss it just says packet loss 100%... All others are as follows download speed 20.74Mbps.... Upload speed 8.56mbps.... Packet loss is ofcorse 100%.... MTU 1480.... Latency 78 ms. If anybody has anyideas of wat could be
    causing this i would be great to get others feedback:)
  6. Anomaly107 Win User

I have a 100% packet loss with a wired connection on my series x and I can't figure out why or how to fix it any suggestions?

I am having the same issue. Both hard wire and wireless, I am having 100% packet loss. I have contacted my internet provider, they have already checked the system and on there end everything is great. On my PC I am having no issues. On my PS5 no issues, no packet loss. However on my xbox series x and my xbox one x, I have 100% packet loss and get booted from online games every 3-6 mins.
Thema:

1. packet loss / internet issue - Similar Threads - packet loss internet

2. High Packet loss, how do I go about fixing this? Thank you.

in XBoX on Consoles
    High Packet loss, how do I go about fixing this? Thank you.: My Xbox series X is showing that I have high packet loss. How do I resolve this? Thank you. 7d6012e1-5d69-49ee-b217-1f85f9637990
  3. My xbox one x is consistently getting 160ms ping but 0% packet loss and 100mb/s speed over...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one x is consistently getting 160ms ping but 0% packet loss and 100mb/s speed over...: Every time I do that detailed network statistics, I get 155ms to 165ms of latency but 0% packet loss on both wifi as well as ethernet connection. Although all of my other devices get ping of...
  4. why I'm I get packet loss after 8pm never before evey night

in XBoX on Consoles
    why I'm I get packet loss after 8pm never before evey night: for weeks now I've been get packet loss but the weird thing is only happens after 8pm never before I've spoken to Vodafone for hour an half running tests but nothing wrong on there end. I'm wired...
  5. 100% packet loss

in XBoX on Consoles
    100% packet loss: For the past 4 days I've been having the 100% packet loss problem. I can play certain games perfectly fine, but other get an error when launched. I've contacted my ISP, but everything was fine...
  6. Xbox is connected to internet but I have 100% packet loss, unsuccessful UPnP, and strict NAT.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox is connected to internet but I have 100% packet loss, unsuccessful UPnP, and strict NAT.: Just recently purchased the series X and I am trying to connect it to my college campus wifi. I had no issues with my previous console which was a one s. I am trying to use a wired connection and...
  7. 100% packet loss while connected to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    100% packet loss while connected to internet: I’m connected to the internet and my nat type is open but I have 100% packet loss I’ve tried everything restarting everything and nothing worked what can I do 0cc97cf4-e9a4-4f67-bfca-8e8762c5766b
  8. Says 100% packet loss even though I’m hardwired and on strong internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Says 100% packet loss even though I’m hardwired and on strong internet: It will allow me to watch YouTube and any other streaming app but lags me out of games of COD with a 999 ping and kicks me from parties is there any fix? d32688da-6194-412e-a169-88e47f080bd4
  9. 100% Packet Loss on Internet Test - Affecting Ability to Find Matches in CoD WW2

in XBoX on Consoles
    100% Packet Loss on Internet Test - Affecting Ability to Find Matches in CoD WW2: I just got CoD: WW II yesterday and I cannot get into any matches unless I wait for twenty/thirty minutes. The internet I am on is fine, and I have tried both wired wireless and when I do the...
  10. 100% packet loss- inability to complete multiplayer test despite internet connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    100% packet loss- inability to complete multiplayer test despite internet connection: hi, So recently I've been experiencing some issues regarding multiplayer. Not long ago I was experiencing quite a lot of lag and I reset the router as per- this then cleared up. A day or so...