Owned Xbox original games on download history not working

Discus and support Owned Xbox original games on download history not working in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello There seems to be an issue with 2 Original Games I bought on Xbox Live last year, Jade Empire and the old Star Wars Battlefront II. When... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RaffaeleAquino, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Owned Xbox original games on download history not working

Hello

There seems to be an issue with 2 Original Games I bought on Xbox Live last year, Jade Empire and the old Star Wars Battlefront II. When downloaded, their image does not appear, leaving it grey and when started, a message appears saying, "Game couldn't start.
    Try downloading the game again", with no results after multiple tries. Other games such as Beyond Good and Evil and Saint's Row do not have this issue.

Is this a bug or did I miss something? None of the forums helped so far and tried every recommendation on the Xbox site with no results.

:)

RaffaeleAquino, Dec 14, 2020
  2. angrysouza Win User

Backwards compatibility missing 360 games

My xbox 360 game disappeared on my Xbox one and told me I didn't own it. I checked my download history on the Xbox website and it said I owned it. I originally had it on the Xbox 360
  3. ellerem Win User

Clear as mud?

Hello,

If it says 'works on' then it is originally a 360 game. Sadly the 360 can still have a delay for games to appear.

I would suggest you go to you Download History on the 360 console, select the game and re-download it. Settings Page > Account > Download History

If you own both consoles (360 & One) it may have chosen to send it to the newer console. Hopefully this will fix the issue.

Good luck & Happy Gaming
  4. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Accessing Digital Game Library on Different 360 Console

You can still play the content on a new console as long as you're signed in to Xbox Live using the gamertag that originally purchased the content. To download games you own

1. Sign in to Xbox Live using the gamertag that you used when you originally purchased the content.
    2. Go to settings and select Account.
    3. Select Download History.
    4. Browse your download history. If you want to download something again, select the item, and then select
      Download Again.
  5. Holy Pure Win User

Purchased game ownership glitched

I can assure you still own the game, follow these steps to find it.

1. Sign in to Xbox LIVE using the gamertag that you used when you originally purchased the content.

2. Go to settings and select Account.

3. Select Download History.

4. Browse your download history and find the item you want to download again.

5. Select the item, and then select Download Again.

Hope I helped you :)
  6. maxen Win User

Help! Lost a game and its not on my Download History!

Transferring licences is to make content work on a new console, it doesn't suddenly add stuff into your Download History.

The most likely reason for this is that you originally bought the game using another account. You need to be signed into that one and then go through the download history.
Thema:

Owned Xbox original games on download history not working

1. Owned Xbox original games on download history not working - Similar Threads - Owned original games

2. Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...: Ever since I redownloaded it I have been unable to play online and wants me to buy game pass when I try to go online. How do I solve this without spending money? 9bac4131-b861-4132-9bd3-d1e363dc76a6
  3. When will you give coop players the ability to toggle there own mics in party chat and not...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When will you give coop players the ability to toggle there own mics in party chat and not...: Me and friend trying to play local coop but be in party with friends not on same xbox. Xbox auto kills the ability for me and my friend to hear each other on the assumption we don't no how to...
  4. Need help with the console I have just bought w/c is pre owned. I turned it on , shows me a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help with the console I have just bought w/c is pre owned. I turned it on , shows me a...: Need help with the console I have just bought w/c is pre owned. I turned it on , shows me a controller highlighting to press Xbox logo, and it won't stop flashing can someone help me with that and...
  5. Why is minecraft making me pay for items I already owned after signing into my account?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is minecraft making me pay for items I already owned after signing into my account?: I changed the password to my Microsoft account, and signed into minecraft. After signing in I wanted to recreate my character. But I lost all my accessories and need to pay for it again. But if I...
  6. Xcloud WILL ANYONE EVER PLAY THE ENTIRE GAME LIBRARY THEY OWN ALREADY ON THE CLOUD ANYTIME...

in XboX Insiders
    Xcloud WILL ANYONE EVER PLAY THE ENTIRE GAME LIBRARY THEY OWN ALREADY ON THE CLOUD ANYTIME...: WILL ANYONE EVER PLAY THE ENTIRE GAME LIBRARY THEY OWN ALREADY ON THE CLOUD ANYTIME ANYWHERE??? WHY IS THIS NOT AVAILABLE??? submitted by /u/Puzzleheaded_Ring638 [link] [comments]
  7. I had gameshared with a friend earlier today and my own Xbox got removed from home when It...

in XBoX on Windows
    I had gameshared with a friend earlier today and my own Xbox got removed from home when It...: So I've been dealing with my Xbox having a constant removal on my home on my Xbox whenever I game share with my two friends and it keeps on removing itself when it's activated and just bugs the...
  8. I want to rate a game that I played but it says “you must own this product before rating.”.

in XboX Insiders
    I want to rate a game that I played but it says “you must own this product before rating.”.: thats because theepicgamer464 bought it, and they are accounts on the same console but I want to rate, Xbox please add you can rate that you played. pls! Plz! Plsz! Plzs! submitted by...
  9. How can I play the same game with a sibling who has the game on their own account?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How can I play the same game with a sibling who has the game on their own account?: I had an Xbox One since 2015 and I recently got an Xbox Series S for my dorm room, and I've been playing on my account from both consoles. Recently, my sister started her own Microsoft (Xbox)...
  10. Suggestions now that Microsoft owns Blizzard.

in XboX Insiders
    Suggestions now that Microsoft owns Blizzard.: Since you guys already did age of empires 2 and 4 on console would definitely love to see age of empires 3 but now that you own Blizzard please please bring starcraft remastered starcraft 2...