Own two accounts, accidentily changed the name on the wrong account

Discus and support Own two accounts, accidentily changed the name on the wrong account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; As the title says, I own two xbox live acoounts, my main ‘’ and my alt account ‘Pappa Senpai’. A gamertag that I wanted ‘BMKE’ became available and I... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Mtrees, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Mtrees
    Mtrees Guest

As the title says, I own two xbox live acoounts, my main ‘’ and my alt account ‘Pappa Senpai’.

A gamertag that I wanted ‘BMKE’ became available and I wanted to change the name of my alt account, to the newly available gamertag.

However, I made an error and didnt realise that I was signed into my account, and in my excitement to change my gamertag I accidentily changed the wrong name.

I am very attached to my original ‘’ gamertag and do not wish to lose it. Would it be at all possible for my old ‘’ gamertag to be added back to my main account and the new ‘BMKE’ gamertag to be moved to my alt account.

I contacted xbox customer support and they pointed m here saying that the enforcement team were the only ones that could alter gamertags.

If need be, I am happy to pay the £7.99 again for the name change on my alt account, but if possible I would like to avoid having to pay another £7.99 to get my old gamertag back.

I acknowledge that this is a mistake on my behalf, but it would be brilliant if I could have some help on this.

I only have 30 days until my old name goes public, so a quick response would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Mtrees, Jun 11, 2018
  2. Photonimus
    Photonimus Guest
    Can't connect as it states Child and parent are in different regions.

When setting up the accounts, you may have accidentily selected the wrong region for one of them, so you may need to start over.

Photonimus, Jun 11, 2018
  3. vyper
    vyper Guest
    I got a great Gamertag, but now i cant play my 360 games on backwards compatible. Wat do?

So with Microsoft allegedly releasing all of those names into the wild, me and my friends looked for cool, OG names. I was able to get the name Vyper, but ever since I changed my name I haven't been able to play backwards compatible games. I would load the game and it would tell me that I needed to re download my account to be able to play, but when I tried to re download it it tells me "Sorry, this profile can't be downloaded. Original Xbox Live accounts aren't supported anymore. Create a new account instead." Was I actually able to get an OG name, but Microsoft still thinks its an old account, or am I doing something wrong?

vyper, Jun 11, 2018
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

You would have to change the gamertag on this account back to the one you wanted and then change the game on the other account. You would have to pay for both changes.

The enforcement team does not use the forums and they only change gamertags if they are found to violate the code of conduct.

Smwutches, Jun 11, 2018
  5. Smwutches Win User

You would have to change the gamertag on this account back to the one you wanted and then change the game on the other account. You would have to pay for both changes.

The enforcement team does not use the forums and they only change gamertags if they are found to violate the code of conduct.
  6. Photonimus Win User

Can't connect as it states Child and parent are in different regions.

When setting up the accounts, you may have accidentily selected the wrong region for one of them, so you may need to start over.
  7. FearedNightmare Win User

Changed the wrong account name

8. Razzta91 Win User

Wrong account name

DCodes7: the 1st account stay logged in

Jameser78: The correct accout is joined to xbox live. The wrong is an offline account
  9. TA Horizon Win User

Wrong account name

you can't you would probley have to call xbox phone support and they should help
Thema:

1. Own two accounts, accidentily changed the name on the wrong account - Similar Threads - Own accounts accidentily

2. Why is minecraft making me pay for items I already owned after signing into my account?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is minecraft making me pay for items I already owned after signing into my account?: I changed the password to my Microsoft account, and signed into minecraft. After signing in I wanted to recreate my character. But I lost all my accessories and need to pay for it again. But if I...
  3. How can I play the same game with a sibling who has the game on their own account?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How can I play the same game with a sibling who has the game on their own account?: I had an Xbox One since 2015 and I recently got an Xbox Series S for my dorm room, and I've been playing on my account from both consoles. Recently, my sister started her own Microsoft (Xbox)...
  4. Xbox Family Safety owned a organizer saved member, this happens " This is a teen account. "

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Family Safety owned a organizer saved member, this happens " This is a teen account. ": Save adult organizers in Microsoft Family Safety. Is saved member but it's happened [img] Have problems To change this setting, have a parent sign in on console or web Need Tutorial...
  5. My friends microsoft account says he doesnt own minecraft when he signs in on his new pc,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My friends microsoft account says he doesnt own minecraft when he signs in on his new pc,...: Ive tried to see if it would work by downloading the launcher through the microsoft webstore and checking the website and it says they dont own minecraft at all. I thought that if you owned one...
  6. I can't login to Xbox, OneDrive, Windows Store or even manage my own account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't login to Xbox, OneDrive, Windows Store or even manage my own account.: For some time I have been having this issue where every time I try to log into one of my Microsoft applications on my PC a grey window pops up for a second and then immediately disappears. There...
  7. i've changed my microsoft account email and now it says i dont own minecraft

in XBoX Accessibility
    i've changed my microsoft account email and now it says i dont own minecraft: i've changed my microsoft account email and now it says i dont own minecraft what should i do? 8b70a3c1-e664-43f3-b6f8-3b5ed77df447
  8. I recently switched my son over to using his own account for Fortnite. I was trying to link...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I recently switched my son over to using his own account for Fortnite. I was trying to link...: I am working on trying to add vbucks to my sons Fortnite account however it was pointing to my gamer tag. In an effort to link it to his gamer tag, I am running into problems. It is not allowing...
  9. How to transfer my sons xbox account to his own microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to transfer my sons xbox account to his own microsoft account: My sons xbox account is under my microsoft account, as it was setup when he was young. He now wants to transfer this to his own account. I cannot believe the lack of foresight that nobody at...
  10. Why can't I play ultimate games on cloud gaming when I own them on the same account on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play ultimate games on cloud gaming when I own them on the same account on...: I have the subscription for ultimate gamepass and I am trying to play my games on xbox cloud gaming it won't let me play because I need to "join with a code" or "add subscription" that i already...