Own digital copy of Xbox One Edition, can't download Better Together for free

Discus and support Own digital copy of Xbox One Edition, can't download Better Together for free in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I own the Xbox One Edition digitally. According to the Better Together FAQ on the Minecraft website, that means the new version should just be in my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by isbragg, Sep 20, 2017.

1. isbragg
    isbragg Guest

I own the Xbox One Edition digitally. According to the Better Together FAQ on the Minecraft website, that means the new version should just be in my ready to install, but it is not. The store page for the new version is asking me to buy it, with no option
    to download it for free. I have tried a hard reset of my Xbox, and this is my only account. Are the free copies being slowly rolled out to everyone?

:)

isbragg, Sep 20, 2017
  2. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    MineCraft xbox 1 edition fun with friends not free update bug? $20??

If you're trying to upgrade the disc version then that is correct. It's currently only free to users who own it digitally.

Better Together FAQ

Q: How long will the Better Together Update be available as a free download to players who own the console version of the game?

A: Owners of the disc version of Minecraft: Xbox One Edition will have until January 30th 2018 to have played Minecraft for five or more hours in the past 12 months OR purchased a DLC Pack. There is no cutoff for digital Minecraft: Xbox One Edition owners.

Smwutches, Sep 20, 2017
  3. Minecraft Better Together won’t install On Xbox One

Trying to help my son install Minecraft Better Together in his Xbox One, and every time the install starts, we get a “try again latter” error. His Xbox One came with a digital copy of Minecraft Xbox One edition, and the store it says that he “owns” the new
    Minecraft. Just won’t download and install. Any ideas?

UndueSiamang197, Sep 20, 2017
  4. F1Fan426
    F1Fan426 Guest

I'm curious about this as well. I did exactly what you said and went to the Minecraft website for the information. I followed where it said it should be in the "ready to install" but I can not find it. I enjoy the game, but I will not enjoy paying another
    $20 again.

F1Fan426, Sep 20, 2017
  5. I'm having the same issue as well. I contacted support and they said many people are having this issue and will be fixed soon.

QuickPup7928638, Sep 20, 2017
  6. LiveNewMe
    LiveNewMe Guest
    Same my son is annoyed and it won't work please fix

LiveNewMe, Sep 20, 2017
  7. isbragg
    isbragg Guest
    They've been working on it for 4 hours, and it still isn't fixed. How can something so simple be so flawed?

isbragg, Sep 20, 2017
  8. niwshki
    niwshki Guest

niwshki, Sep 20, 2017
  9. OK Fowl
    OK Fowl Guest
    Please keep an eye on the Xbox Live Service Status page for the latest info:
    xbx.lv/XBLstus

OK Fowl, Sep 20, 2017
  10. OK Fowl
    OK Fowl Guest
    xbx.lv/XBLstus

OK Fowl, Sep 20, 2017
  11. OK Fowl
    OK Fowl Guest
    xbx.lv/XBLstus

OK Fowl, Sep 20, 2017
  12. OK Fowl
    OK Fowl Guest
    xbx.lv/XBLstus

OK Fowl, Nov 2, 2018
  13. OK Fowl Win User

I'm curious about this as well. I did exactly what you said and went to the Minecraft website for the information. I followed where it said it should be in the "ready to install" but I can not find it. I enjoy the game, but I will not enjoy paying another
    $20 again.
    xbx.lv/XBLstus
  14. QuickPup7928638 Win User

I'm having the same issue as well. I contacted support and they said many people are having this issue and will be fixed soon.
  15. OK Fowl Win User

I'm having the same issue as well. I contacted support and they said many people are having this issue and will be fixed soon.
    xbx.lv/XBLstus
  16. isbragg Win User

They've been working on it for 4 hours, and it still isn't fixed. How can something so simple be so flawed?
  17. F1Fan426 Win User

$20 again.
Thema:

1. Own digital copy of Xbox One Edition, can't download Better Together for free - Similar Threads - Own digital copy

2. Digital game redeemed, but not showing up on owned games..

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Digital game redeemed, but not showing up on owned games..: A couple of hours ago I redeemed a digital game (forza horizon 2) and it said everything looks good after I redeemed it.. But then when I went to my "owned" games, nothing showed up. Also when I...
  3. Why cant i play my previously owned digital games after my 2 year gamepass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant i play my previously owned digital games after my 2 year gamepass?: For several years i have owned Halo The Master Chief Collection (and DLC) Plants Vs Zombies Castle Crashers Battle Block Theater and recently after my 24 month Xbox Game Pass Ultimate...
  4. I own a game digitally for xbox one. Why does the game not appear as purchased on my Series...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I own a game digitally for xbox one. Why does the game not appear as purchased on my Series...: I bought master chief collection when it first came out. Now it says I don’t own the game when I try to install it on my Series S when I try to find it in store. it prompts me to buy the game...
  5. Error code 0x803f800c on a digital game I OWN

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code 0x803f800c on a digital game I OWN: Hi, today I tried to open Forza Horizon 4, a game I owned for about 3 years through the xbox home thinghy and a friend of mine. My xbox is set up as the xbox home. However a notification said i...
  6. Can I transfer a Digitally owned Xbox 360 copy of Fall of Cybertron to my Gaming Laptop...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I transfer a Digitally owned Xbox 360 copy of Fall of Cybertron to my Gaming Laptop...: Heyo! I am looking to do something, but i'm not 100% sure on how to go about it. I'm not one of these people that will bottle neck the rules, to get what I want. My aim is to take the files from...
  7. Game pass expiry won’t allow me to play owned digital copy of game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game pass expiry won’t allow me to play owned digital copy of game: I am currently unable to play minecraft on my Xbox because it states my game pass has expired. I own the game digitally and it states on the Microsoft store that I own it. My game pass expired in...
  8. FORZA MOTORSPORT 7-Any way to play digital version on PC as i own a physical XBOX copy?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    FORZA MOTORSPORT 7-Any way to play digital version on PC as i own a physical XBOX copy?: I have forza motorsport 7 on my xbox account but its only the disc version so i cannot play it on PC, however because the game is delisted i cannot even play with gamepass. I know previous DLC...
  9. Hello, I'm trying to play Halo Master Chief Collection digital version which I have owned...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello, I'm trying to play Halo Master Chief Collection digital version which I have owned...: Hello, I'm trying to play Halo Master Chief Collection digital version which I have owned since the day it came out on xbox in November 2014. I am trying to play it on my PC and it won't start but...
  10. When I try the 25 digit code, the system says I already own the game...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When I try the 25 digit code, the system says I already own the game...: Hello, The system say I already own PUBG, but I never installed, even the free version. How can I redeem my 25 digit code? The game don't start the download...Thanks!...