Own a Backwards compatable disk but my xbox one does not want to download the backwards...

Discus and support Own a Backwards compatable disk but my xbox one does not want to download the backwards... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I own the Metal gear HD collection for Xbox 360 whereas the disk containing 2&3 downloaded perfectly fine. The peace walker disk did not even though it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by David Monae, Feb 1, 2022.

  1. David Monae
    David Monae Guest

    Own a Backwards compatable disk but my xbox one does not want to download the backwards...


    I own the Metal gear HD collection for Xbox 360 whereas the disk containing 2&3 downloaded perfectly fine. The peace walker disk did not even though it is a backward-compatible game and is sold on the store.

    :)
     
    David Monae, Feb 1, 2022
    #1
  2. WPAK Win User

    transfer digital download xbox 360 game to xbox one?

    Hi,

    As some additional information. to the answer already specified.

    The backward compatible game while it is the same game the download is basically different version of the game, being the backward compatible version of the game. This is also the reason why inserting a backward compatible game via disc will result in the
    backward compatible version being downloaded (disk is still required to start the game)

    So in order for you to download that backward compatible version you will have to login to the Xbox Live Account that is used on the 360, which allows you to download backward compatible games that you own.
  3. Francia J. Win User

    Own a Backwards compatable disk but my xbox one does not want to download the backwards compatable version of it

    Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

    To fix this, please perform a power cycle on your console by following the steps below:

    POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

    ​​​

    1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

    2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

    If that didn't work resetting the console keeping games and apps will be the next option. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

    Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

    Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

    Select Reset console.

    Reset and keep my games & apps.
  4. David Monae Win User

    Own a Backwards compatable disk but my xbox one does not want to download the backwards compatable version of it

    Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

    To fix this, please perform a power cycle on your console by following the steps below:

    POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​
    ​​​
    1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​
    2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

    If that didn't work resetting the console keeping games and apps will be the next option. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

    Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.
    Select Reset console.
    Reset and keep my games & apps.
    Hi thanks for the help I have given both of these options a go but my Xbox one still doesn't recognise the disk, is there any other option through Microsoft support to help recognise the disk?
  5. Jurgen1488 Win User

    Accessing games redeemed on 360 to my Xbox one

    Hello if you own Xbox 360 games and are backwards compatible, they will appear automatically in Ready to Install. If you do not have them digitally and you have them on the disk and the games are backwards compatible, you can play these games over the
    disk.
  6. Njal the Blue Win User

    Transfer full games from 360 drive to Xbox One drive

    totally different operating systems. The Xbox One needs an emulator to play the games and therefore you have to download them onto the Xbox One via backwards compatability in the ready to install section. If you have a disk of a game that is backwards
    compatible, you can insert that into the One and it will initiate the download of the correct files. you would still need to insert the disk every time you play, for the licence,
Thema:

Own a Backwards compatable disk but my xbox one does not want to download the backwards...

Loading...
  1. Own a Backwards compatable disk but my xbox one does not want to download the backwards... - Similar Threads - Own Backwards compatable

  2. Renewed gamepass and all xbox 360 games i own and got with gamepass are unplayable

    in XboX Insiders
    Renewed gamepass and all xbox 360 games i own and got with gamepass are unplayable: Anyone who can help please do so. I own around 260 360 games and theres 12 360 games from gamepass. I get the error code 0x87e10bef. I troubleshooted and shutdown the console, i uninstalled and...
  3. Will owning a physical Xbox copy grant me a PC license under Play Anywhere and Disc - to -...

    in XboX Insiders
    Will owning a physical Xbox copy grant me a PC license under Play Anywhere and Disc - to -...: I really wanted to Pre-order The Blood of Dawnwalker, but since there was no physical release for PC (basically, no love for PC physical), I went with Onimusha. But, I am wondering, if I order a...
  4. I tested all the games I own with disc to digital. Here’s a list of what worked and didn’t.

    in XboX Insiders
    I tested all the games I own with disc to digital. Here’s a list of what worked and didn’t.: I noticed that none of my Sega, Bandai Namco, Square Enix, and Ubisoft games were supported, yet. Supported: The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Special Edition Extinction Titanfall 2 Stray Mortal Kombat...
  5. Console games I own that I cannot play on my ASUS ROG Ally or laptop.

    in XboX Insiders
    Console games I own that I cannot play on my ASUS ROG Ally or laptop.: Hello Xbox Insider team, I have a question. A while back, I bought almost all the *Final Fantasy* games from the Xbox Store for my Series X. Often, when I'm at work, I have downtime to relax and...
  6. I can't brows games I own in the Xbox PC app

    in XboX Insiders
    I can't brows games I own in the Xbox PC app: I'm on build 2604.1001.9.0 and in the my library section I can only see installed games, there is no way to browse the library of PC games I have purchased from Xbox. Where has this moved to?...
  7. need help with game sharing problem , do you own this game or app glitch

    in XboX Insiders
    need help with game sharing problem , do you own this game or app glitch: please someone help me i would very much appreciate it , i always buy games on my xbox through my account then go on my brothers xbox go on my account download the game then sign out and we both...
  8. Add a way for players to create and publish their own games on Xbox

    in XboX Insiders
    Add a way for players to create and publish their own games on Xbox: It would be amazing if Xbox offered a way for players to create their own games directly on console — either through a dedicated app or a built-in game creation tool. Suggestions: – Create a...
  9. Why won't the backwards compatible games show up in owned games?

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't the backwards compatible games show up in owned games?: So I've wondered for a long time, why hasn't at least most of my digital Xbox 360 games transferred over to my Xbox one s. For example, Gta V(xbox 360 Edition), i had that on the Xbox 360 and that...
  10. I have owned a bunch of backwards compatible games but can't download them on my new console

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have owned a bunch of backwards compatible games but can't download them on my new console: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** PII removed by moderator 9dba766b-ba0a-4980-9618-7943b02a7f33