overwatch/Xbox/Microsoft/visa - fraudulent transactions

Discus and support overwatch/Xbox/Microsoft/visa - fraudulent transactions in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Although we have 2 step verification; zero spend limit; reaccuring payments turned off; Microsoft Authenticator set up for logging into account - we... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SharleneBev, May 27, 2023.

1. SharleneBev
    SharleneBev Guest

Although we have 2 step verification; zero spend limit; reaccuring payments turned off; Microsoft Authenticator set up for logging into account - we keep having several purchases (overwatch coins) that we didn’t make. This has been going on for more than a year, and several attempts are made all in one day - but sometimes there are either weeks or months between attempts.

When I go onto Microsoft account, new card details have been saved - which I don’t understand how that is possible when we haven’t even got the card in the post (physically in our hand).

Barclays Bank give money back straight away, and they create a fraud claim with Microsoft/Xbox.

The bank said that visa automatically update your card details with any company where you have given them permission to store for reaccuring payments - how are they allowed to do that?!??

I actually managed to speak to a human being at Microsoft (as normally you are prompted to go through help section online or send them a message), I was actually called by a lady from America - and she assured me reaccuring payments was switched off.

Can anyone suggest any way to prevent these without closing my Microsoft account - as kids will lose their purchases games?

:)

SharleneBev, May 27, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

They say it's to prevent overdraft charges and to make your life easier, but yes I had exactly the same problem with my bank where they stole $800 from me because they thought they were being "helpful".

Your bank did that, so they and visa the ones you need to stop it. Once both parties have guaranteed that they have not updated your details you should get another new card, as obviously all the details of that card has leaked somewhere
  3. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, a fellow gamer. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I am here to help.

To answer your question, the only best option to make sure all unauthorized purchases and access to your account by the hacker will be prevented is to update/change your security information (email/phone number).

After you have updated your security information on your Microsoft account, your account will undergo an account security lockdown for 30 days. During these times, you won't be able to make any changes, access, or purchases on your account but rest assured that after the 30 days are complete, you will have full control over your account and all unauthorized purchases and accesses will be prevented.

If you're ready, you can update your security information on account.microsoft.com > go to Security > then update your security information.

As for an alternative option, I would highly recommend you change your account password from time to time to further secure your account by signing your account on account.microsoft.com > Your info > manage how you sign in.

Thank you for your time. I hope you have a great day!
  4. MelanieSRobertson Win User

DL*MICROSOFT PANAMA 00PA debit orders

Good day

I had a similar transaction on my credit card, the bank requested I first confirm with Microsoft as they do not deem merchant transactions as fraudulent.

Microsoft first needs to confirm that the transaction is not related to my subscription.

So.. how can I get this proof from Microsoft?

MR
  5. brian corrigan1 Win User

things getting worse day after day

Well not in direct relation to your case, but as an addition to your statement "Things getting worse day after day"

Microsoft ZA has now been blocked in South Africa by two banks due to fraudulent activity that the banks insist that Microsoft is responsible for.

As it happen I am unable to pay my Xbox live account or transact with Microsoft in anyway due to the fact that these are both my banks. Do not know if any other banks are also blocking them but neither my VISA or MC issued by these banks will work.

How sad that a major Multinational like MS can let this happen.
  6. Georges C. Win User

Fraudulent charges on visa and no help from Microsoft

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Bonnie, first I'm sorry about what happened to your account, and if you think your account or accounts may have been hacked please follow these steps below.

Secure your account after you've been hacked

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...

Regarding purchases, you will have to try to contact Xbox support via chat via the link below, because here in the community we are independent consultants and we do not have access to information and tools that support has.

Go to: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us/

See the bottom left part of the page and make sure that the page has the correct region that you are in (ex: United States - English for USA)

If not, click on it then select the correct region that you are in.

Check and confirm that you are within the available time of support under Contact times.

Click Contact us

Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.

On the page, see the provided support articles that may help you with your concern. Click See contact options if further assistance is needed.

On the next page, select either Chat online or Request a call option then follow or enter the needed details.
Thema:

1. overwatch/Xbox/Microsoft/visa - fraudulent transactions - Similar Threads - overwatch Microsoft visa

2. I did not receive my microsoft gift in Overwatch 2 yet

in XBoX on Windows
    I did not receive my microsoft gift in Overwatch 2 yet: Yesterday, I claimed a gift on my Xbox One for 200 Overwatch coins on Overwatch 2, which have not yet arrived after more than an entire day. I have read that it can sometimes take up to 10 days to...
  3. Overwatch token from microsoft reward

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Overwatch token from microsoft reward: Hello, I want to buy overwatch 500 tokens since 2 weeks but i have always an error. I tried to contact the rewards support but they didn't respond me. I hope you can help me to resolve that....
  4. Overwatch coins 200 option for Microsoft rewards

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Overwatch coins 200 option for Microsoft rewards: Next week the overwatch battle pass comes out for season 4, I need 200 more coins to get it. I wanted to do the Microsoft rewards for these 200 and only need 400 more rewards points to do this,...
  5. can i use my microsoft account balance to buy overwatch 2 coins or can i buy blizzard points?

in XBoX on Windows
    can i use my microsoft account balance to buy overwatch 2 coins or can i buy blizzard points?: i have no use of microsoft credits 4dc7ed6f-6fa6-44a3-8f2a-57842b4f30f2
  6. Why I didn't find a overwatch coins in Microsoft reward ???

in XBoX on Windows
    Why I didn't find a overwatch coins in Microsoft reward ???: please I need anyone to answer about my question ಥ‿ಥ•́ ‿ ,•̀ f7d8cd90-64e4-4b69-8fe2-e9ef84ec6adf
  7. I pooled my Microsoft credits to get overwatch 2 coins however I didn't find the coins or...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I pooled my Microsoft credits to get overwatch 2 coins however I didn't find the coins or...: I pooled my Microsoft credits to get overwatch 2 coins however I didn't find the coins or where to redeem them is there a problem or is that promotion over? c9a042bf-799a-4c9c-8870-3200b10d2228
  8. Microsoft rewards Overwatch 2 coins disappeared

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft rewards Overwatch 2 coins disappeared: Hello, why overwatch 2 coins have disappeared from Microsoft rewards today? And will they come back? ea87c581-a860-433e-a37b-bae5fd7d6685
  9. Microsoft rewards 200 overwatch 2 coins

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft rewards 200 overwatch 2 coins: I spent 1800 Microsoft points to get 200 overwatch coins but I haven't gotten any of the 200 coins although it said to wait 24 hours to get a code or for them to show up in game. It's been 4 days...
  10. How can I get the overwatch currency code that I redeemed off Microsoft rewards

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I get the overwatch currency code that I redeemed off Microsoft rewards: I purchased 500 overwatch credits through Microsoft rewards on Wednesday and have not received my email code which is supposed to be sent ‘within 24 hours’ Apologies for asking here but I’ve...