Overloaded PSU

Discus and support Overloaded PSU in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, uniformed about the danger, i have recently plugged in my American Xbox One into an Australian outlet with only an adaptor. Foolishly i was unaware... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PREDATOM56, Dec 17, 2015.

1. PREDATOM56
    PREDATOM56 Guest

Overloaded PSU

Hi, uniformed about the danger, i have recently plugged in my American Xbox One into an Australian outlet with only an adaptor. Foolishly i was unaware the voltage would overload the PSU. I am confused as to if i would only need to replace the PSU or if
    another repair is needed. I have already purchased a transformer with adequate watts in anticipation. Can any help clarify what i can do to resolve this issue?

:)

PREDATOM56, Dec 17, 2015
  2. sWe j0k3r
    sWe j0k3r Guest
    Power supply plugged into surge protector

I was wondering the same thing, why shouldn't i use a 5 dollar protector (even go fancy and get a 30$ one) if i can match up the proper usage levels, i'd rather fry my surge protector then my psu, psu's are more expensive and microsoft, i'm gonna ask my
    electrician buddy to help me figure out what surge protector to use that won't get overloaded, cause how the *** can a psu get overloaded because a fuse (surge protector) is on the line?

sWe j0k3r, Dec 17, 2015
  3. BoostedBeard
    BoostedBeard Guest
    Surge Protector for xbox one

Short answer yes per
    support.xbox.com/.../about-power-supply

Look under Power supply placement, temperature, and noise.

Note If the PSU is making excessive noise, you might have a power strip or surge protector that is overloaded. Plug your PSU directly into a wall outlet and see if the problem persists.

BoostedBeard, Dec 17, 2015
  4. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest

Overloaded PSU

If your console is under warranty you should be able to get the power brick repaired/replaced by contacting support
    support.xbox.com/.../contact-us

You should never use any type of transformer/power converter with your console as it can cause a lot of issues.

You need the correct power brick for the country you are using your console in.

Daft Badger, Dec 17, 2015
  5. Daft Badger Win User

Overloaded PSU

If your console is under warranty you should be able to get the power brick repaired/replaced by contacting support
    support.xbox.com/.../contact-us

You should never use any type of transformer/power converter with your console as it can cause a lot of issues.

You need the correct power brick for the country you are using your console in.
  6. alejandroHxC Win User

Power supply power rating mismatch with console

Wouldn't I be overloading the psu? well i'll take care of this console. Hope it last for long time.
  7. sWe j0k3r Win User

Power supply plugged into surge protector

I was wondering the same thing, why shouldn't i use a 5 dollar protector (even go fancy and get a 30$ one) if i can match up the proper usage levels, i'd rather fry my surge protector then my psu, psu's are more expensive and microsoft, i'm gonna ask my
    electrician buddy to help me figure out what surge protector to use that won't get overloaded, cause how the *** can a psu get overloaded because a fuse (surge protector) is on the line?
  8. BoostedBeard Win User

Surge Protector for xbox one

Short answer yes per
    support.xbox.com/.../about-power-supply

Look under Power supply placement, temperature, and noise.

Note If the PSU is making excessive noise, you might have a power strip or surge protector that is overloaded. Plug your PSU directly into a wall outlet and see if the problem persists.
  9. Farscape247 Win User

why did my xbox frie my computer?

if your using a 4 way or more gang to plug everything in, then this is not recommended for Xbox one as it states to plug into a wall outlet, other than that it is physically impossible to cause a surge through your power outlets from the Xbox one psu as
    it would fry its own built in protections circuits first. you could be overloading your sockets if you have alot of things plugged in, also what rating is the psu on your desktop.
Thema:

Overloaded PSU

1. Overloaded PSU - Similar Threads - Overloaded PSU

2. Xbox seires s making a loud buzzing noise from both fan and psu

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox seires s making a loud buzzing noise from both fan and psu: hello im yasi, i have my xbox series s since 2022 july and its been so so silent and good for me but lately its been making a very very loud buzzing noise from both the left and right side of the...
  3. I need a PSU for a xbox 360. Mine has a square peg in the middle that must be accommodated....

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need a PSU for a xbox 360. Mine has a square peg in the middle that must be accommodated....: Xbox 360 2006 model takes a different kind of PSU than all those after 2006. Mine has a square peg in the middle that must be accommodated. Where can I find a PSU for it? MFG data 2006 - 10 - 18....
  4. can i use psu from my xbox one s and transfer it to my xbox series s?

in XBoX on Consoles
    can i use psu from my xbox one s and transfer it to my xbox series s?: x boxseries s not powering on tried the simple fixes. can i use xbox one s PSU? 3868f781-72b8-49fb-92fb-42b7ac6823ff
  5. Is it normal for the xsx psu to make a buzz?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it normal for the xsx psu to make a buzz?: Just got my console and it makes a faint buzz in psu area like near the power and HDMI 01630a15-f3ce-4874-9273-d0aa4491ba3b
  6. What would happen if my Xbox series x had an power surge or power overload through the HDMI...

in XBoX on Consoles
    What would happen if my Xbox series x had an power surge or power overload through the HDMI...: What would happen if my Xbox series x had an power surge or power overload through the HDMI cable, and if so;what part would I need to replace? c8d5494a-a4d1-47a6-991e-ce6c2a66d27c
  7. Xbox Elite Series 2 Input Overload w11

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Input Overload w11: Hi, I bought a Series 2 two days ago and immediately notice a bug with my controller when in Bluetooth... It disconnects when too much input are registered. I searched a lot to fix this problem,...
  8. Input overload in games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Input overload in games: Hi. In Windows Insider update version 25163.rs and one before that there is a issue in some games that make games unplayable. Controls stuck in random direction like it is input overload or lag....
  9. Potential solution for latency issues on Mobile devices (Bluetooth overload)

in XboX Insiders
    Potential solution for latency issues on Mobile devices (Bluetooth overload): Everything started off great. Low latency, remote access. xCloud ran like a dream, console streaming worked perfectly. Then I got brave and started testing configurations. I added and removed...
  10. Toxicity - Overload?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Toxicity - Overload?: Now I don't mind a bit of back and forth, but every now and then you get into an exchange with someone that's so absurd that the normal report functions seem insufficient. Enter, last night. I...