Outer Worlds Xbox (Beta) - No longer able to load local save games

Discus and support Outer Worlds Xbox (Beta) - No longer able to load local save games in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi I've been playing for a few hours and after quitting (the proper way) I am suddenly unable to load my locally saved games. I tried relaunching and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by AchievedChain66, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Outer Worlds Xbox (Beta) - No longer able to load local save games

Hi

I've been playing for a few hours and after quitting (the proper way) I am suddenly unable to load my locally saved games.

I tried relaunching and this time even though the save game sync failed on start, I pressed 'retry' and it worked. I started a new game and saved as soon as possible to see where the save games would be (I had copied my original saves before doing this).

I found the cloud saves in the Users/xxxxx/AppData/Local/Packages/PrivateDivision.TheOuterWorlds(...)/SystemAppData/wgs/folder and now cannot seem to load my original local saved games. I tried signing out of the xbox live beta app, restarting, resetting
    the app to default via app details, moving the original save files into the numerical save folder in the local save location (read somewhere this worked for a user) but still all I can see is my brand new cloud saves.

Can someone please help?

:)

AchievedChain66, Oct 28, 2019
  2. napalm 31337 Win User

3. DanielRCampbell Win User

Xbox Game Pass on PC : Force Cloud Save Sync

I think I've found what the issue is as well as the solution. A big thanks to Pete._.M for the help on this one. Couldn't have done it without them.

When you install the game, it creates a local game save folder and uses that by default. It is syncing cloud saves, but the local saves take priority and the cloud save is ignored. Found, what I think, is the solution on this. Steps Below.

1. On the machine having issues syncing, go to C:\Users\YOURUSERHERE\Saved Games Delete the Outer Worlds folder.
    2. Reboot the machine.
    3. Sign into game pass on the other machine, launch Outer Worlds, load into your most recent save, quit game.
    4. Go back to the problem machine, and launch Xbox beta and then Outer Worlds

The most recent save should be pulled down from the cloud. This worked for me, hopefully it will work for you too.
  4. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

my most recent saves for The Outer Worlds are missing for some reason

If you aren't signed in to Xbox Live in the game, it stored save file in a Local user profile. Just needed to go to Saved Games\The Outer Worlds Windows 10 folder user profile, and then move the files from LOCAL to the profile for Xbox Live
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Cannot backup save games

Hi,

Many Game Pass games have their saves in the AppData folder.

I haven't tried Darksiders but I know this is where many saves go as the saves for The Outer Worlds for Game Pass are located there.

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\
  6. TommyCondon Win User

Xbox Game Pass for Windows 10 - How would I move cloud saves for singleplayer games to my own computer?

I found out that there is a folder for both cloud and offline saves, at least for this game specifically.

C:\Users\[Username]\Saved Games\The Outer Worlds Windows 10

The folder I found to be containing the cloud saves was a series of numbers, and local pc saves in the _LOCAL_ folder. Moving the cloud saves to the local folder did the trick for me.
Thema:

1. Outer Worlds Xbox (Beta) - No longer able to load local save games - Similar Threads - Outer Worlds Beta

2. The Outer Worlds

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The Outer Worlds: Hello, I own the physical copy of the game, also the digital one via game pass. I bought the spacer's choice upgrade - in addons I see it it doesn't requires to install.. How to install the...
  3. the outer world ini file

in XBoX Games and Apps
    the outer world ini file: I can not get to the ini file to edit it because the folders are simply empty the ones sugested in the APPDATA directory ... i did exactly as the giude told me but the local folder is simply empty...
  4. Season pass for The Outer World and the upgrade for next gen version disapear from my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Season pass for The Outer World and the upgrade for next gen version disapear from my...: Hi, I bought the season pass for The Outer Worlds + the spacer choice edition upgrade 2 days ago and at this moment everything was ok, I could play the game with the upgrade and the 2 dlc. But...
  5. Is This Is Correct Way To Use Holographic Shroud in Outer World Games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is This Is Correct Way To Use Holographic Shroud in Outer World Games?: Well, it's actually pretty simple but because you are not going to find these things early on you probably have this question. So, first things you have to find an identity cartridge. Once...
  6. The outer world new dlc keep crash after i reach spaceport area

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The outer world new dlc keep crash after i reach spaceport area: With the new dlc i see some bug, all was ok at beginning but as soon for my investigation on Bertie i had to travel on spaceport area i noticed some bug: saving push me back to home quitting game,...
  7. The Outer World Will Not Launch!

in XBoX on Windows
    The Outer World Will Not Launch!: Hi I can not launch the outer world purchased through the windows store. It has worked fine up to now. every time i try launching it it opens gaming services page in the windows store. please help...
  8. Outer World on Game Pass PC can't load saves in offline mode

in XBoX on Windows
    Outer World on Game Pass PC can't load saves in offline mode: I have Game Pass for PC and have my laptop designated for offline play. I've been playing Outer Worlds while online and it uses cloud saves automatically. When I try to play while offline, it...
  9. The Outer World - Installation error. Xbox Beta

in XBoX on Windows
    The Outer World - Installation error. Xbox Beta: Have been playing this game since the preorder with various crashes and freezes now with the new update it refuses to run at all even after reinstalling it. Does anyone have a fix for me or...
  10. Outer World Xbox(Beta) game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Outer World Xbox(Beta) game pass: I bought a monthly subscription to the game pass, but the game does not work. I tried several games, but only one gives an error (Outer Worlds). When I start, it says to me that the game is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. save file no longer loads outer worlss