Out of curiosity, are Games and Applications defragmented behind the scenes, or is that a...

Discus and support Out of curiosity, are Games and Applications defragmented behind the scenes, or is that a... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I know Defragmentation isn’t something the new console would require. If anything it would probably use some form of TRIM on a select partition.... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/ThatsNotThePoint-__-, Sep 21, 2020.

  1. Out of curiosity, are Games and Applications defragmented behind the scenes, or is that a...


    I know Defragmentation isn’t something the new console would require. If anything it would probably use some form of TRIM on a select partition.

    submitted by /u/ThatsNotThePoint-__-
    [link] [comments]
     
    /u/ThatsNotThePoint-__-, Sep 21, 2020
    #1
  2. Lofty Who Win User

    E3 2013

  3. Mr Boozyhead Win User

    Forum Issues *please read*

    Oh and a big thanks to whoever's behind the scene helping sort things out cheers to you too !! :)
  4. Danno McK. Win User

    Out of Curiosity...

    [quote user="aMalfunction"]I know that I could go up to 16GB but I'm greedy and an American so, more is always better...[/quote]

    If you let the console set up the 16 GB on a 32 GB flash drive, it puts the ~512 MB reserved space outside the 16 GB. So you will get more usable Xbox 360 storage than if you just use a 16GB flash drive.



    (I don't know whether you get back the GB lost to the formatting difference between 16,000,000,000 bytes and 16 x 1,024 x 1,024 x 1,024 on a "16 GB" flash drive, though. That is, a "16 GB" flash drive will be 16 billion bytes, but since the console
    uses the 1,024 counting you only get 14.9 GB usable and then it reserves ~512 MB of that for the system.)
  5. davemcfly85 Win User

    Out of Curiosity...

    no even if you had multiple 16 partitions on a flash drive (or a hard drive) the 360 will ONLY see one of them sorry.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

    Out of Curiosity...

    The 16GB limit isn't a technical one, MS could make it more if they wanted, but for the moment it's 16GB per device. The 360 will only see the first partition, so even if you did partition it, the 360 won't see it.



    You can use two 16GB flash drives at the same time though.
Thema:

Out of curiosity, are Games and Applications defragmented behind the scenes, or is that a...

Loading...
  1. Out of curiosity, are Games and Applications defragmented behind the scenes, or is that a... - Similar Threads - curiosity are Games

  2. ...Will we be testing the time limitation for cloud gaming prior to rollout?

    in XboX Insiders
    ...Will we be testing the time limitation for cloud gaming prior to rollout?: Easy, friends. I know I look like the kid who reminds the teacher to give us homework on Friday afternoon. This isn't about agreement or disagreement with the changes, either; its just about what...
  3. Mythic Achievement not popping in 2 games (Dying Light, Minecraft Xbox One Edition)

    in XboX Insiders
    Mythic Achievement not popping in 2 games (Dying Light, Minecraft Xbox One Edition): I HAVE ALREADY REPORTED IT TO XBOX, I AM JUST LOOKING FOR ANY POSSIBLE FIXES I CAN DO WHILE I WAIT FOR XBOX TO FIX THIS. I have completed both Minecraft Xbox One Edition and Dying Light’s base...
  4. October 6, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.13.0]

    in XboX Insiders
    October 6, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.13.0]: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 6, 2026 -...
  5. October 5, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.10.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    October 5, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.10.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 5, 2026 -...
  6. no mythic achevement for old minecraft (works fine on other games) ??

    in XboX Insiders
    no mythic achevement for old minecraft (works fine on other games) ??: recently i 100% minecraft xbox one edition it says ive 100% it but the mythic hasent popped i got all the achevements (87/87) and the gamerscore is 2025/2025 but it still says im missing an...
  7. I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue

    in XboX Insiders
    I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue: OP: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/1vst1bu/games_and_apps_crashes_when_navigating_to_full/ I am on skip-ahead 10.0.26100.9620 The bug occurs on all rings and production build,...
  8. Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...

    in XboX Insiders
    Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...: When I go to select an app some dim and some don't. They all work nothings updating but some dim and I don't know why? submitted by /u/KalElKent821 [link] [comments]
  9. Got an update today in Delta, a bunch of random games are now on my Games tab

    in XboX Insiders
    Got an update today in Delta, a bunch of random games are now on my Games tab: Not sure why this happened but when I go to my games and apps now there are my usual installed games, plus a bunch of games I've played but don't have installed taking up space. I can press...
  10. October 1, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.8.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    October 1, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.8.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 1, 2026 -...