Out of box Xbox 1 S powers on for 2 seconds then off

Discus and support Out of box Xbox 1 S powers on for 2 seconds then off in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Good day, After unpacking and plugging in the console it gave me a good 10 minutes to connect to the wifi and then tripped. From there I've been... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Xer0box360, Jan 24, 2022.

1. Xer0box360
    Xer0box360 Guest

Good day,

After unpacking and plugging in the console it gave me a good 10 minutes to connect to the wifi and then tripped.

From there I've been unable to press the power on switch without the console turning itself off after 2 seconds.

Should I return the console to the store and have it replaced ?

Perhaps trade it in for a PS4.

This is nonsense. I have read the other threads where the solutions are all invalid, every second console user can't be daft enough to not plug in their console properly. Since this device hasn't been on for more than 10 minutes in its life it cant be dirty fans either. Room temperature is perfectly fine. Cables are plugged in correctly, the other 100 electrical appliances on the grid are all running without issues.

:)

Xer0box360, Jan 24, 2022
  2. L4c3rd4 Win User

Really? That's odd, but they do not offer any warranty for their consoles?

What you could also, do is to do it via Microsoft's warranty as well.

Access the link below:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

Click on the "Enter" option, it will take you to the page of your registered devices, select on your Xbox "more details" then it will take you to a page that will inform the warranty of your console, below you will have the option "Start Order" then, just follow steps from there.
  3. Xer0box360 Win User

I contacted the store and they told me to bring the console in to send it in to their head office for analysis and repairs. Additionally they cannot refund/replace the console since I've opened up the box.

What a bummer.
  4. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey Xer0box360, how are you today? Hope you're well.

I'm so sorry that this happened to you.

In that case, I suggest you try to contact the store indeed and ask for a replacement, because that's not normal behaviour for an out-of-the-box console.
  5. L4c3rd4 Win User

I see. Perfect, indeed in those cases, in the majority part of the world, sellers are obligated to offer a refund option.

Hope that you can get the solution asap.

And once again, I'm so sorry for all the trouble. :/
  6. Farscape247 Win User

take it back to the store for replacement, if it tripped and now won't power on then it's clearly faulty
Thema:

1. Out of box Xbox 1 S powers on for 2 seconds then off - Similar Threads - box powers seconds

2. Console or power box issue?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console or power box issue?: I’m having trouble with my original Xbox one. I don’t know if it’s the power box the console itself. I have an after market power box because the original stopped working. Anyway, I plug the power...
  3. i have an x box one s, and when powered off it is making an electrical ticking noise. i...

in XBoX on Windows
    i have an x box one s, and when powered off it is making an electrical ticking noise. i...: hi, i have an x box one s, and when powered off is making a faint but audible electrical ticking noise. i have checked it is in energy saving mode but is still making the noise. the noise goes...
  4. X BOX 360 STARS WARS EDITION console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off?

in XBoX on Windows
    X BOX 360 STARS WARS EDITION console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off?: center of power button turns blue then changes to red flashing 9 times then off goes the console. nothing on the screen? should i through it away ? i am able to soldier and fix some electronics....
  5. X box series x power supply issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box series x power supply issue: Guys I have been with x box for 21 years (2003). I am highly disappointed in the customer service and support I have received with this power supply issue. It’s been a roller coaster to say the...
  6. purchased a new power brick from e bay which was suitable for my x box one . the led light...

in XBoX on Consoles
    purchased a new power brick from e bay which was suitable for my x box one . the led light...: need help with the above question f02c1c57-ebc2-487d-91c4-fbd4ca38a7af
  7. What happens when your power box keeps clicking

in XBoX on Consoles
    What happens when your power box keeps clicking: Last night I turned off my power so it can cool down. Now it keeps clicking and won't turn on 5fa006fc-d179-441e-a844-6ac3e52863f6
  8. What happens when your power box keeps clicking

in XBoX on Consoles
    What happens when your power box keeps clicking: So last night I turned off my power box so it can cool down and now it keeps clicking and won't turn on 97a640e0-51e0-411f-8c42-4e054f0f8d5f
  9. X box power options

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box power options: Hello my x box x only has 2 power mode options shut down or sleep int they're supposed to be a instant start up option e1861ea5-677d-41db-85a7-eca64de0e506
  10. I just got a replacement power supply box

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just got a replacement power supply box: I just got a replacement power supply box but after my system shuts down the red light comes on and it's hard to get it started again. The power supply box also makes a clicking noise and you can...