Other family members can't sign up to Microsoft Live - claims it's work or school email

Discus and support Other family members can't sign up to Microsoft Live - claims it's work or school email in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; We have a private domain with our own email-addresses. When other members of my family try to sign up, they are denied because Microsoft thinks their... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by CL_SE, May 27, 2022.

1. CL_SE
    CL_SE Guest

Other family members can't sign up to Microsoft Live - claims it's work or school email

We have a private domain with our own email-addresses.

When other members of my family try to sign up, they are denied because Microsoft thinks their emails are "work or school email".

This is obviously incorrect since it's a family used domain.

How can I fix this?

Thanks

:)

CL_SE, May 27, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today mate

Is this happening when you try sign in to an specific Microsoft service like outlook? Or where?
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Thanks for the update mate!

Are they able to sing up using this link:

https://account.microsoft.com/profile?refd=logi...

If the issue persists another thing came to my mind is this:

Create a new Microsoft account using a Microsoft domain (or if you already had another account with gmail/similar domain use it)

Then, once created add their private domain email as an existing alias on the new account (in case you need it I'm going to leave a link with more detailed steps):

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/add-...

Finally make primary alias the recently added private domain email
  4. CL_SE Win User

Thanks for trying to help.

They were trying to sign up for Live to use with Minecraft.

We do not use any M365 services.
  5. HellspawnRei Win User

xbox gold family account purchasing points

Hello Robo,

only the primary member can buy points but you can share to others.

How do I share points with family members (secondary accounts)?

The primary member on the Gold Family Pack membership can give Microsoft Points to other family members (secondary members), so that they can make purchases on Xbox LIVE.

Give points to family members

1.On your console, sign in to Xbox LIVE using the Family Pack primary account (the account used to sign up for the Family Pack membership).

2.Go to Settings, and then select Family.

3.Select the member that you want to give points to.

4.Select Grant Allowance.

5.Follow the on-screen instructions to give Microsoft Points to the secondary member. Points that you give to a secondary member cannot be reversed later.

Note If you don’t have enough points in your account, you’ll be prompted to add more points before giving points to the secondary member.
  6. xbox360italy Win User

Family Pack Password Issue

Hello

Add someone to a Gold Family Pack

1. Go to the Family Center.
    2. Click Add Family Member
    3. Enter the email address for the family member’s Microsoft account. If you don’t know a family member’s Microsoft account, see Find your
      Microsoft account or password
      for help.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to enter their Microsoft account password and add them to the family.
    --
    I’m having password or sign-in problems. What can I do?

Please see Troubleshoot Xbox LIVE sign-in problems.
Thema:

1. Other family members can't sign up to Microsoft Live - claims it's work or school email - Similar Threads - family members can't

2. How do I share points to my family members?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I share points to my family members?: I cannot see how to give points to my family members. 296d0735-4738-44fd-ab53-448978e0a95a
  3. How do I share game pass with family member that has ipad and want to play minecraft cloud...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I share game pass with family member that has ipad and want to play minecraft cloud...: How do I share game pass with family member that has ipad and want to play minecraft cloud gaming? db198d53-192c-462d-848c-d90ad08927d2
  4. Xbox Series S – Fortnite and Rocket League Bundle - transfer to family member profile

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Series S – Fortnite and Rocket League Bundle - transfer to family member profile: Hi, I bought the Xbox Series S – Fortnite and Rocket League Bundle a couple of years ago to replace a failing Xbox One S. At the time my son was too young to play Fortnite so I didn't look into...
  5. Xbox Family Safety owned a organizer saved member, this happens " This is a teen account. "

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Family Safety owned a organizer saved member, this happens " This is a teen account. ": Save adult organizers in Microsoft Family Safety. Is saved member but it's happened [img] Have problems To change this setting, have a parent sign in on console or web Need Tutorial...
  6. Issues with Game Pass Ultimate not letting family members play at the same time.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issues with Game Pass Ultimate not letting family members play at the same time.: Husband bought new Xbox Series X. We have Game Pass Ultimate. Our son could play all of his game pass games at the same time his dad was playing his Xbox before we got the new one. Now that we...
  7. I want to move my account onto a new family member. Will my attached child account move as...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to move my account onto a new family member. Will my attached child account move as...: I have an account with one child. I want to move both of us onto another family members account. Is it a case of just joining this other family group, and the child will also automatically follow...
  8. Is the an Xbox game pass that can be used at the same time with family members? Like a...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is the an Xbox game pass that can be used at the same time with family members? Like a...: I have three Xbox’s and want to play at the same time with my kids. It seems that I would have to buy three Xbox game passes to support this but 180 dollars seems like a lot to pay just so we can...
  9. Cloud Gaming, does every family member need their own ultimate pass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cloud Gaming, does every family member need their own ultimate pass?: Hi! I have an Ultimate Pass, and I can play Cloud Gaming. My son wants to play Cloud Gaming. His account is set to the same home XBox as me. But his Online Gaming account still says he needs to...
  10. How to transfer Funds to another Family Member

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to transfer Funds to another Family Member: Trying to pay to change my Gamertag, so i got a parent to add the money to my account using my own card (Since apparently even though I'm 20 and legal age in my country as an Adult, I need someone...