ORIGINAL Xbox PAL disc works on a NTSC Xbox 360? (PAL OG Xbox to NTSC Xbox 360)

Discus and support ORIGINAL Xbox PAL disc works on a NTSC Xbox 360? (PAL OG Xbox to NTSC Xbox 360) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Just want to reiterate this is a question regarding a PAL ORIGINAL (2001) Xbox discs working on a NTSC 360 (2005) Xbox. I was wondering if a PAL copy... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Esli Zaragoza, Oct 20, 2022.

1. ORIGINAL Xbox PAL disc works on a NTSC Xbox 360? (PAL OG Xbox to NTSC Xbox 360)

Just want to reiterate this is a question regarding a PAL ORIGINAL (2001) Xbox discs working on a NTSC 360 (2005) Xbox.

I was wondering if a PAL copy of Shadow the Hedgehog would run on my NTSC Xbox 360 Slim model. Yes it does have a OG Hard Drive.

I don't want to fork over the high prices for a NTSC copy and would rather just buy the cheap PAL version.

:)

Esli Zaragoza, Oct 20, 2022
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

XBOX 360S PAL version won't read PAL games

Hi TheDam18,

It's very possible that the 2 discs not working are not actually PAL but NTSC format, which could be possible for used games. I don't think the format is actually listed on the discs or box and the only way to know what region a disc is from is to simply
    test it on a device coded for the region you are trying to test. If you purchased that Xbox 360 new from a PAL region, and can confirm it is PAL if it works with other PAL coded discs, then the two discs not working are NTSC. There is really nothing to troubleshoot
    if other games work fine but these two don't, it's just that they are not PAL and could've been originally purchased from a NTSC coded region.
  3. IamMoonL1ght Win User

Xbox 360 discs not installing on Xbox one..

Just for clarification. I'm in the UK using a pal Xbox one with pal 360 game discs that don't install.

So I'd have to import ntsc discs (if they are region free) to install disc games.

Or should my pal discs work in my pal console?
  4. Predator_AUT Win User

NTSC 360 Game Bully Scholarship Edition not working on PAL Series X

The same NTSC 360 disc which you call region locked works on a PAL XBOX One :) So that‘s not the point.
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Esli

Xbox 360 and OG Xbox are region locked. This means that a PAL disc is not going to work on a NTSC console and viceversa
    Both disc and console region needs to be the same
  6. FLUKYGET Win User

Who has a Limited Xbox 360 console and what are your thoughts.

i have the halo 3 us ntsc console,

halo reach us ntsc console,

resident evil pal console,

mw2 pal console,

gow 3 pal console,

mw3 pal console and waiting for the star wars us ntsc to arrive from the states

also a japanese 360 launch xbox 360 still going strong
Thema:

1. ORIGINAL Xbox PAL disc works on a NTSC Xbox 360? (PAL OG Xbox to NTSC Xbox 360) - Similar Threads - ORIGINAL PAL disc

2. Hard drive space reduced after game reinstallation compared with original installation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hard drive space reduced after game reinstallation compared with original installation: I installed two games originally, MS Flight Simulator and the last game was Starfield. My free hard drive space was around 800 GB. I reinstalled both games and the free hard drive space was around...
  3. I have an original xbox and the disc drive won' eject. Paper clip don't work. What next?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an original xbox and the disc drive won' eject. Paper clip don't work. What next?: I have an original xbox and the disc drive won't open. Tried the paper clip tool and it did't work. What next? a81eeb29-f7e9-4f6e-a093-2e8064856079
  4. Original xbox 1 disc issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original xbox 1 disc issues: So, is anyone else having disc issues, where it reads discs but gives you the icon of not having the disc, but says its in while being able to play the game. Shoudl I be concerned, or should I...
  5. Original Xbox One With Lifetime Game Pass??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original Xbox One With Lifetime Game Pass??: Hello, I found a original Xbox One Console at a thrift store several months ago and it seems to have lifetime game pass because once I signed into it I am able to download games from game pass...
  6. The Original Borderlands - can JP play online with US and Europe?

in XBoX on Consoles
    The Original Borderlands - can JP play online with US and Europe?: Hi, I’ve been trying to find answers to this but not found anything definitive. Many years ago I completed the first Borderlands game on the 360. I then used a friend to help shift some gear...
  7. Original Xbox one (2014) internet issues even with wired connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original Xbox one (2014) internet issues even with wired connection: I have had this Xbox one since 2014 and recently (last few months) have experienced some issues with its internet. I have exclusively used it with a wired, ethernet connection and have been having...
  8. If I switch from an original Xbox one to a series s is there a way to keep my game data

in XboX Insiders
    If I switch from an original Xbox one to a series s is there a way to keep my game data: So I might be getting a series a as I have the original Xbox one and it’s very slow. I am going to use the same Microsoft account and everything so will all my game progress save. My main worry is...
  9. How do you refund gifts that never got to the original person you sent it to

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do you refund gifts that never got to the original person you sent it to: I gifting my friend the new consul GTA five online but he has never gotten it and it’s been over three months I think and I cannot refund it or get my money back and it’s never got through to him...
  10. My two Xbox One (Original) controllers won't connect to the Original Xbox One console anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My two Xbox One (Original) controllers won't connect to the Original Xbox One console anymore.: It's been 3 weeks since I played on my original Xbox One with two controllers. They connected fine before the issue happened. As for the issue, it happened the next day, I tried to play on the...