Original Xbox One & 360 Games - Why aren't they rendered in 1080p?

Discus and support Original Xbox One & 360 Games - Why aren't they rendered in 1080p? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Kameo and Perfect Dark Zero seem to be rendering below 1080p on the original Xbox One hardware. The original Xbox One hardware should be able to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by R̷̽ō̶b⛧Pen̶taki̴ll, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Original Xbox One & 360 Games - Why aren't they rendered in 1080p?

Kameo and Perfect Dark Zero seem to be rendering below 1080p on the original Xbox One hardware.

The original Xbox One hardware should be able to render 360 games at 1080p. Why aren't they enhanced?

Wouldn't this be an easy patch?

All you would have to do is change the rendering resolution or at least give the option.

:)

R̷̽ō̶b⛧Pen̶taki̴ll, Jun 9, 2020
  2. GMS1stLDYCannon Win User

Not all games change the resolution when becoming backwards compatiable
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Kameo and Perfect Dark Zero were practically GameCube era games. They couldn't be THAT demanding.

I think the reason these games aren't rendered in 1080p is because enhanced started in 2017. RARE Replay re-released these games in 2015. By that time the original XBOX Ones were replaced by XBOX ONE X. They just chose not to support the original consoles with
    enhancements for these games.
    Hi,

You may not be aware of this, but making 360 and original Xbox games work on the Xbox One is not a simple process. These games were coded to work on different hardware to the Xbox One.

The Xbox 360 for example uses an IBM PowerPC processor architecture. This is totally different to the Xbox One. The 360 has more in common with the old Apple Power Macs before Apple made the jump to Intel in around 2005

To make Xbox 360 games work on the Xbox One, the BC team couldn't just make an emulator and run the games through that simply because the Xbox One has quite a week processor, it's simply isn't fast enough. They approached it from a different angle. The Xbox
    One GPU is actually able to emulate the 360's graphics chip, but the processor is a different beast. To get around that they have converted or otherwise reverse engineered the 360 games to run them on the Xbox One. Turning otherwise 32-bit PPC coded games
    into 64-bit X86 compatible Xbox One games.

The original Xbox is also different. Interestingly it shares the same processor architecture with the Xbox One in form of an X86 Intel Celeron 700Mhz processor, but its graphics chip was NVIDIA based.

So even though a game like Perfect Dark doesn't seem so demanding, it's a lot more complex than that. It's not like taking a PC game, putting it on a more powerful PC and pushing up the resolution.
  4. R̷̽ō̶b⛧Pen̶t Win User

Hello, it is probably because being emulated games the emulation can often require more hardware than you think in certain situations, if for example an upscaled game on xbox one would be fine, but in moments with too many enemies it would decrease
    in framerates it would be better not to increase the resolution in the old xbox not to ruin the game.
    Kameo and Perfect Dark Zero were practically GameCube era games. They couldn't be THAT demanding.

I think the reason these games aren't rendered in 1080p is because enhanced started in 2017. RARE Replay re-released these games in 2015. By that time the original XBOX Ones were replaced by XBOX ONE X. They just chose not to support the original consoles with
    enhancements for these games.
  5. Marcox94 Win User

Hello, it is probably because being emulated games the emulation can often require more hardware than you think in certain situations, if for example an upscaled game on xbox one would be fine, but in moments with too many enemies it would decrease in
    framerates it would be better not to increase the resolution in the old xbox not to ruin the game.
  6. IceStorm III Win User

Does the Xbox 360 support 1080p or not?

[quote user="MiamiHeatFan77"]Is this true?[/quote]No, it's not true. The 360 support 1080p output.

You may have read that most games do not render internally at 1080p. They rely on the 360's scaler to scale the output to 1080p.[quote user="CPL Dom Caboose"]The only way to get the full 1080p experience is by using an HDMI cable to connect your XBOX 360
    to your television.[/quote]The 360 supports 1080p in games over Component and VGA in addition to HDMI. There are some restrictions over Component for video, though not VGA.
    The XBOX 360 is a much different experience when switching to 1080p
    Not
    especially. The Dashboard widgets aren't particular high resolution. Most games internally render at 720p or below.
Thema:

1. Original Xbox One & 360 Games - Why aren't they rendered in 1080p? - Similar Threads - Original 360 Games

2. Start making the original 360 controllers for next gen consoles

in XboX Insiders
    Start making the original 360 controllers for next gen consoles: I’d like to say just for memories I had with the 360 since it’s getting shut down so why not make a 360 controller for people to use submitted by /u/Imaginary-Ease8041 [link] [comments]
  3. I just bought an original Xbox game to play on my Xbox 360, and for some reason, it doesn’t...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I just bought an original Xbox game to play on my Xbox 360, and for some reason, it doesn’t...: It was tested on an original Xbox and it worked. I downloaded the most recent update, and even still, it will not work. I have checked, and it is on the list of those that SHOULD be compatible. It...
  4. Any way to get the original Gauntlet game re-listed on Xbox 360, One, Series x ls???

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Any way to get the original Gauntlet game re-listed on Xbox 360, One, Series x ls???: Is there any way of getting the original arcade Gauntlet re-listed on Xbox 360, One, or Series XlS? Or any other delisted XBLA games? 149aba9c-2f79-4864-9482-788d210ae3f5
  5. Will I be able to play the disc version of Batman Arkham Origins. It's a Xbox 360 game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will I be able to play the disc version of Batman Arkham Origins. It's a Xbox 360 game: I was just wondering if I can play the disc version of Batman Arkham Origins. I have found it on the Xbox website but I don't know if I'll be able to play it. Thank you I actually miss playing...
  6. Original Xbox game won’t play on Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Original Xbox game won’t play on Xbox 360: I recently got Spiderman 2 (2004 game) for Xbox original for my son who is a huge Spiderman fan as he wants to play all the old games. Last night it was playing just fine on our 360 and today it...
  7. [Xbox 360] Some Xbox Original Games not available in download list on Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    [Xbox 360] Some Xbox Original Games not available in download list on Xbox 360: About a year ago I purchased multiple original Xbox games that were made backwards compatible. My understanding was when these were purchased not only were they playable on Xbox One/Series...
  8. Unreleashed Xbox original games on Xbox 360 backwards compatible list??

in XboX Insiders
    Unreleashed Xbox original games on Xbox 360 backwards compatible list??: I don't understand why is Samurai Jack The Shadow of Aku and He-Man Defender of Grayskull on the Xbox 360 backwards compatible when they in fact never even releashed on the xbox original in the...
  9. So if you have a non official 360 hard what can you do with it to play original Xbox games....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So if you have a non official 360 hard what can you do with it to play original Xbox games....: So if you have a non official 360 hard what can you do with it to play original Xbox games. do you have to get an original 360 hard drive 7c460fa7-0dc1-41a3-aa2a-7cd30a0e11f5
  10. all xbox 360 and original Xbox games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    all xbox 360 and original Xbox games: Why can all xbox 360 and original games can be back compatible in to new console? 8041f993-ad58-4949-9a65-512b8fda2d25