Original Xbox Disc Drive Problem

Discus and support Original Xbox Disc Drive Problem in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, My original Xbox's Phillips drive stopped spinning discs recently, causing the system to not recognize game discs entirely. Where could I get... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ntm24, Mar 13, 2021.

1. Ntm24
    Ntm24 Guest

Hello,

My original Xbox's Phillips drive stopped spinning discs recently, causing the system to not recognize game discs entirely. Where could I get another original Xbox Phillips Drive? Are there any quicks fixes for this problem? Do other Xbox disc drives, like the Thompson or Samsung, work when placed in this model of Xbox (2003 Model)? Thanks

:)

Ntm24, Mar 13, 2021
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

They don't like self repair topics here, even on really, really old consoles like the the original Xbox that came out two decades ago. Seems a little daft though for such an old machine.

Best asking on an external Retro Gaming community forum as they talk about this stuff widely in those circles. Or get a console repair shop that deal with old consoles to repair it if you're not technically minded enough. While you're at it get them to replace the old capacitors on the motherboard, a process we call 're-capping'.
  3. Daft Badger Win User

Discussing self repair is not allowed on the forums so no one here will be able to help i'm afraid,even on if it's about a original xbox.
  4. Miss Ermine Win User

Disc drive problems on original xbox 360.

Whoa! What the heck! OK first I want to check that there have never been any third party repairs/parts for your console. If there is not, I would suggest first reorienting it- so if the console is standing up vertically, lay it flat and vice-a-verse-a.
    If that does not resolve the issue then I'd suggest a repair here:
    support.xbox.com/.../repair-process
    hope this helps, and thanks for posting!
  5. mkdv10 Win User

Disc drive problems on original xbox 360.

Thanks for responding. There have never been any third party repairs/parts for the console. I bought it new and it has lasted me until this happened. I was thinking about standing it vertically, as its horizontal right now. I should have done that right
    away. I'll consider a repair if it doesn't work.
  6. Daft Badger Win User

Original Xbox disc dirty or damaged message.

It's an original xbox,how are they going to get a newer model?

Sounds to me like the disc drive has gone,as there is no support for the original xbox any more you would need to get either another console or replace the disc drive.
Thema:

1. Original Xbox Disc Drive Problem - Similar Threads - Original Disc Drive

2. I'm after a new original xbox one s power cable lead the 10amp one for use in Australia?

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm after a new original xbox one s power cable lead the 10amp one for use in Australia?: I'm after a new original xbox one s power cable lead the 10amp one for use in Australia? f53a93af-10df-4bd5-8501-d790bb6f67f9
  3. I have an original xbox and the disc drive won' eject. Paper clip don't work. What next?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an original xbox and the disc drive won' eject. Paper clip don't work. What next?: I have an original xbox and the disc drive won't open. Tried the paper clip tool and it did't work. What next? a81eeb29-f7e9-4f6e-a093-2e8064856079
  4. Original xbox 1 disc issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original xbox 1 disc issues: So, is anyone else having disc issues, where it reads discs but gives you the icon of not having the disc, but says its in while being able to play the game. Shoudl I be concerned, or should I...
  5. Original Xbox won't read discs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original Xbox won't read discs: Hey guys, anyone have experience with working on original Xbox? Mine stopped reading discs. I opened it up and replaced the laser, as I read that is a common problem since it is so old. It still...
  6. Are original Xbox games I have on disc backwards compatible with Xbox one S?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Are original Xbox games I have on disc backwards compatible with Xbox one S?: I am an owner of an Xbox one S, and I have been looking to buy a disc copy of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3 or Rainbow Six Lockdown, which are original Xbox games. If I were to insert one of these...
  7. Will I be able to play the disc version of Batman Arkham Origins. It's a Xbox 360 game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will I be able to play the disc version of Batman Arkham Origins. It's a Xbox 360 game: I was just wondering if I can play the disc version of Batman Arkham Origins. I have found it on the Xbox website but I don't know if I'll be able to play it. Thank you I actually miss playing...
  8. Can I play an original xbox need for speed underground 2 disc in my series x?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I play an original xbox need for speed underground 2 disc in my series x?: Can I play an original xbox need for speed underground 2 disc on my series x cb1a7590-1976-4f8d-b150-5453b578cba8
  9. trying to download the original GTAV on disc but every time it gets to 58.1% its freezes...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    trying to download the original GTAV on disc but every time it gets to 58.1% its freezes...: i try to install original version of GTA V but the game always freezes at 58.1% while installing and everything i tried has not worked, i would like some help with this many thanks Lewis...
  10. Can't Download Batman: Arkham Origins on original Xbox One from Disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Download Batman: Arkham Origins on original Xbox One from Disc: I was able to get the disc app prompt to randomly appear that would allow me to download the game, but it gave me the ""this game is not playable here. For a list of Xbox 360 games playable on...