Orange led on when PSU connected to console without any electricity power

Discus and support Orange led on when PSU connected to console without any electricity power in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I received my Xbox one today. Plugged PSU the electricity, orange led turn on, plug PSU to console.. nothing happen. Then I took out the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by dondyb23, Dec 31, 2013.

1. dondyb23
    dondyb23 Guest

Hi,

I received my Xbox one today. Plugged PSU the electricity, orange led turn on, plug PSU to console.. nothing happen. Then I took out the electricity from PSU, the orange light still turn on. Take out the PSU plug from console, orange led was gone. Plugged
    back again to electricity, nothing happen. Change several power outlet didn't help either. However, If I put the PSU back to console again the orange led come back to life again.

Any ideas ? Should I replace my PSU ?

Regards,

Dondy

:)

dondyb23, Dec 31, 2013
  2. Xbox One worked initially but now it won't turn on

The LED on the psu is solid orange. When I press the power button on the console the LED on the psu turns white briefly and then goes back to orange. And I had already seen that link for Xbox support and gone through all of the steps with no success. I guess
    the console needs to be replaced.

Mickey TEEEEEEE, Dec 31, 2013
  3. DustinUssery
    DustinUssery Guest
    Xbox One worked initially but now it won't turn on

If the LED power indicator on your psu is not lighting up or is pulsating orange, then you have a defective psu. If the LED power indicator remains solid white or orange, then there is nothing wrong with your psu and you probably should send the console
    back to them...especially if it's still under warranty.

DustinUssery, Dec 31, 2013
  4. Mickey TEEEEEEE Win User

The LED on the psu is solid orange. When I press the power button on the console the LED on the psu turns white briefly and then goes back to orange. And I had already seen that link for Xbox support and gone through all of the steps with no success. I guess
    the console needs to be replaced.
  5. DustinUssery Win User

If the LED power indicator on your psu is not lighting up or is pulsating orange, then you have a defective psu. If the LED power indicator remains solid white or orange, then there is nothing wrong with your psu and you probably should send the console
    back to them...especially if it's still under warranty.
  6. KingWaldz Win User

Xbox One Still Making Noise When Off

Instant-On power mode

In Instant-On power mode, your Xbox One console is up to date and ready to use. In this mode:

•Your console automatically downloads updates.

•Your console starts up in two seconds.

•You can wake the console using a voice command. Just say “Xbox, on.”

Notes

•Your console may sound as if it’s on when downloading and installing updates.

•In Instant-On power mode, the console power supply unit (PSU) remains on and the solid white LED on the PSU is bright.
    You may also hear the fan in the PSU.

•The console uses 15 watts of power when in Instant-On mode.

Energy-saving power mode

In energy-saving power mode, your console is shut down to save energy. In this mode:

•Updates are not downloaded and installed until your console is turned on.

•Your console takes 45 seconds to start up.

•You must press the Xbox button to start the console.

Notes

•In energy-saving mode, the PSU is in off/standby mode and the solid orange LED on the PSU is bright.

•The console uses 0.5 watts of power when in energy-saving mode.
  7. cjzalsman Win User

Console problems

Having the same power issue. Resetting the psu does not work. Light on psu is orange then white then orange. Can eject disc and there is power at the USB ports but power button on console comes on then shuts off.
  8. KillerSancti Win User

Xbox one console is not starting

Questions about this case:

1.) Where was your console bundle purchased?

2.) Have you tried to plug in the compatible region power supply unit alone to your power outlet for any LED colors? It should have orange/white. Orange=stand by, white=in use.

If it gives solid orange light by plugging in the power supply unit alone, also stays orange for long period; it means your PSU is just fine. Most likely the console needs to be repaired.

Alternate troubleshooting step: Unplug and re-plug process. That is to unplug all the cable wires, power supply unit and anything connected to console. Let it stay unplugged for 1 minute then reconnect the wires back.

If it does the same issue, you may contact support or may want to send in the console for repair by creating a ticket at myservice.xbox.com
Thema:

1. Orange led on when PSU connected to console without any electricity power - Similar Threads - Orange led PSU

2. Orange light

in XBoX on Consoles
    Orange light: I have the original Xbox, one with a steady orange light. It will not power on, but even when the power supply is not plugged into a wall, I cannot power it on. It makes no noise no lights come...
  3. Wireless headset blinking orange but totally unresponsive to any restart or reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless headset blinking orange but totally unresponsive to any restart or reset: Hi, Was turning on my headset and I could not hear anything but my friends could hear me so I restarted the headset but now it is just slow blinking orange and will not respond to anything but...
  4. Orange warning sign in party chat and microphone problems

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Orange warning sign in party chat and microphone problems: I was talking to my friend yesterday and it was going great. There was an orange warning sign in the party, but I thought nothing of it. Suddenly, my microphone cut out for some time, then went...
  5. how do i remove the orange triangle from my party chat on pc

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    how do i remove the orange triangle from my party chat on pc: on the party chat on game bar, there is an orange triangle with no text and my voice input only works when my game bar is open. ive tried so many way to fix it but none of them do anything....
  6. I really want to orange box to come back

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I really want to orange box to come back: I love half-life but I had to sell my pc because I did t have enough money now I have an Xbox I would love to have the orange box come back so o can play half-life...
  7. How do i get the orange box in 2023?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i get the orange box in 2023?: I have seen people get the orange box from this link : https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/The-Orange-Box/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024541080f but when i have tried it, it kept reverting...
  8. the orange box full version not available on xbox 360 marketplace

in XBoX Games and Apps
    the orange box full version not available on xbox 360 marketplace: I wanted to purchase the orange box off of xbox 360 marketplace for my xbox series s but i can only download the demo version which does not work on series s did it get removed?...
  9. Can you still get orange box on the series x/s?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you still get orange box on the series x/s?: I'm looking all over the place and its not for sale anywhere online. a2122820-ea06-46d8-8c11-7c6e122db0df
  10. The Orange Box not working on Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The Orange Box not working on Xbox Series X: So I inserted an Xbox 360 disc of the Orange Box and my Xbox Series X just redirects to the blu-ray player. There doesn’t seem to be any scratches on the disc and I cleaned it too. I tried doing a...