Option to Defrag external HDD on Xbox ?

Discus and support Option to Defrag external HDD on Xbox ? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I have a 8tb hdd which is filled about 70% and was wondering since it’s hdd can we defrag to optimise performance? What do you guys think? View Poll... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Bravedwarf1, Apr 1, 2020.

  1. Option to Defrag external HDD on Xbox ?


    I have a 8tb hdd which is filled about 70% and was wondering since it’s hdd can we defrag to optimise performance?

    What do you guys think?

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Bravedwarf1
    [link] [comments]
     
    /u/Bravedwarf1, Apr 1, 2020
    #1
  2. OCRyzen Win User

    Clearing System Cache, does it help with performance problems?

    All good mate.. I needed a nap & was a bit straight forward towards you...

    ..

    What I was trying to say about the formatting of the HDD etc..

    If the Power Supply isn't powering the HDD properly.. The HDD platter will spin slowly & the consoles FATX will be fragmented out of place/sync & formatting is the only option to defragmenting the disc platters, as the XBOX dashboard hasn't got a defrag
    feature etc..

    Defragmenting will prolong the life of the HDD too & keep your XBOX data safe from file corruption + keep system performance optimal..

    ..

    Just to note; The Console Power Supply, is the main reason for XBOX/360 RROD issues & the real console failure rate is low, because the console is actually fine... Regularly check the power brick case heat & try to keep it off the floor & away from dust
    etc..
  3. Farscape247 Win User

    External HDD options

    any usb 3 hdd will do fine, i don't know why people are so interested in waisting lots of money for an SSD to reduce loading times on a games by 2 - 4 seconds.
  4. _vandit Win User

    External HDD options

    Seagate and Western Digital seem to be the ones to go for. Got a 2TB Seagate myself. Wouldn't bother with the Xbox branded HDD, it's no different than any of the others.
  5. Mr Boozyhead Win User

    External HDD options

    Why would an external drive shorten loading times?
  6. GH-5F33FB83-9C12-461 Win User

    External HDD options

    I bought a 2TB Western Digital hard drive and it works perfect I would definitely recommend it.
Thema:

Option to Defrag external HDD on Xbox ?

Loading...
  1. Option to Defrag external HDD on Xbox ? - Similar Threads - Option Defrag external

  2. No option to claim digital license for Witcher 3 Disc Delta Insider Ring

    in XboX Insiders
    No option to claim digital license for Witcher 3 Disc Delta Insider Ring: When I insert the disc and try to open the menu, I'm not seeing any option to claim the digital license at all. If I look at the file info, I get a lot of information about the content/product id...
  3. Can we get an option to select expansion slot when installing games from XBOX app and not...

    in XboX Insiders
    Can we get an option to select expansion slot when installing games from XBOX app and not...: We should have the option to select storage options from the app. Choose between internal and expansion slot. submitted by /u/JRest71 [link] [comments]
  4. Xbox Series X/S power options to shutdown.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X/S power options to shutdown.: Hey everyone! I don't know if I'm the only one who shutdown completly his Xbox Series X... But it's kinda annoying to go into the options and power menu to do it. I think it could be nice to have...
  5. Can't see the "Claim digital license" option

    in XboX Insiders
    Can't see the "Claim digital license" option: I'm trying to claim the digital license for Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox One) but the option isn't showing up. I'm on Preview Omega, and I just had an update today, showing up on latest but here's the...
  6. How is a question about the future of the ad supported cloud gaming option, a feature being...

    in XboX Insiders
    How is a question about the future of the ad supported cloud gaming option, a feature being...: My previous post voicing an opinion about limiting Xbox cloud gaming hours and asking what the future of the free ad-supported tier could be (a feature that Xbox insiders have been testing) was...
  7. Do they games have to be installed before digital license option is available?

    in XboX Insiders
    Do they games have to be installed before digital license option is available?: I have only had the digital license notification pop up on discs that were already installed. On games others have confirmed that work it only triggers an install and doesn't pop up the digital...
  8. Disk to digital option not working for me

    in XboX Insiders
    Disk to digital option not working for me: I currently am enlisted in the beta ring version of the insider hub and im not getting the option for disk to digital on any of my games. I have the latest update it says. Anyone know the solution...
  9. The Disc to digital option is not apearing.

    in XboX Insiders
    The Disc to digital option is not apearing.: I'm a member of Xbox Insider since 2018 or 2019 but i don't use much my Xbox One S nowdays. I turned it on today and It updated but the option is not apearing. submitted by /u/cuecaplaysYT...
  10. Option to Defrag external HDD on Xbox ?

    in XboX Insiders
    Option to Defrag external HDD on Xbox ?: [removed] View Poll submitted by /u/avandoorslaer [link] [comments]