Option: No forced update during playing

Discus and support Option: No forced update during playing in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; In the last 5 days it happend 3 times, that i was kicked out from game cause Dashboard Update. I mean, im glad about updates but must that happend... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by walli_m, Apr 2, 2018.

  1. walli_m
    walli_m Guest

    Option: No forced update during playing


    In the last 5 days it happend 3 times, that i was kicked out from game cause Dashboard Update.

    I mean, im glad about updates but must that happend always during playing, especially Multiplayer?

    An option in settings 'Don't make update during playing a game' was desirable.

    Guess 98% from the players would use this option. Thanks.

    :)
     
    walli_m, Apr 2, 2018
    #1
  2. Toxic Raven
    Toxic Raven Guest
    Unable to download February update

    Sorry that didn't work. The only other option that I know of is the forced update.
     
    Toxic Raven, Apr 2, 2018
    #2
  3. Xbox preview updates.

    There's too many updates that roll out. Multiple times during gameplay and during overwatch competitive play. Why is there not an option to update later and stay online?
     
    techtiger-37BC3DF7-BE21-4C41-93D3-C51ED3B08091, Apr 2, 2018
    #3
  4. Shaggy2000
    Shaggy2000 Guest

    Option: No forced update during playing

    OOoooorrrrrrrr What you could do is set your console to "low power mode" this means any time an update is available while your console is switch off, it will update.

    Ooooorrrrrrr you could take yourself off the preview program for the dashboard updates, this means you wont have 3 updates over 5 days.

    I mean dashboard updates for most people only happen once every three months or so, the fact you've got them three times in five days means you're on the preview program, you have to expect problems when using alpha/beta software.
     
    Shaggy2000, Apr 3, 2018
    #4
  5. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    This. Even in the preview program I can probably count one 1 hand how many updates I've seen since the One was released because of this feature.
     
    Smwutches, Apr 3, 2018
    #5
  6. I got my original Xbox One 2 weeks after it released. I now have 2 consoles, the original and an Xbox One S. They are both set to 'Instant On' and 'Keep My Console Updated' as well as 'Keep My Games Updated'. I'm not in the preview program and want no part
    of risking buggy software messing up my console. That being said, the console has been out about 4.5 years now and I've never been kicked from a game because of an update.
     
    A Blue Illusion, Apr 3, 2018
    #6
  7. smileskybird
    smileskybird Guest
    Dashboard updates happen once a month on Xbox One. Just like with Windows 10 on PC, they update it once a month, more if they messed up with one of their previous updates.

    Don't be on the Preview Program. You wouldn't want buggy unfinished beta software version running on a console that costs several hundred dollars. Unless you have a backup console.

    By signing up, you agreed to be spammed with updates from Microsoft. You just have to live with it.
     
    smileskybird, Nov 1, 2018
    #7
  8. Smwutches Win User

    Option: No forced update during playing

    OOoooorrrrrrrr What you could do is set your console to "low power mode" this means any time an update is available while your console is switch off, it will update.
    This. Even in the preview program I can probably count one 1 hand how many updates I've seen since the One was released because of this feature.
  9. smileskybird Win User

    Option: No forced update during playing

    Dashboard updates happen once a month on Xbox One. Just like with Windows 10 on PC, they update it once a month, more if they messed up with one of their previous updates.

    Don't be on the Preview Program. You wouldn't want buggy unfinished beta software version running on a console that costs several hundred dollars. Unless you have a backup console.

    By signing up, you agreed to be spammed with updates from Microsoft. You just have to live with it.
  10. A Blue Illusion Win User

    Option: No forced update during playing

    OOoooorrrrrrrr What you could do is set your console to "low power mode" this means any time an update is available while your console is switch off, it will update.

    This. Even in the preview program I can probably count one 1 hand how many updates I've seen since the One was released because of this feature.
    I got my original Xbox One 2 weeks after it released. I now have 2 consoles, the original and an Xbox One S. They are both set to 'Instant On' and 'Keep My Console Updated' as well as 'Keep My Games Updated'. I'm not in the preview program and want no part
    of risking buggy software messing up my console. That being said, the console has been out about 4.5 years now and I've never been kicked from a game because of an update.
  11. Shaggy2000 Win User

    Option: No forced update during playing

    OOoooorrrrrrrr What you could do is set your console to "low power mode" this means any time an update is available while your console is switch off, it will update.

    Ooooorrrrrrr you could take yourself off the preview program for the dashboard updates, this means you wont have 3 updates over 5 days.

    I mean dashboard updates for most people only happen once every three months or so, the fact you've got them three times in five days means you're on the preview program, you have to expect problems when using alpha/beta software.
  12. CrazY1985 Win User

    Updates Are Reinstalling Entire Games

    Please make sure you don't cancel an update during it's proces.

    If you cancel an ongoing update, it will remove the game and will force you to install the complete game again.
Thema:

Option: No forced update during playing

Loading...
  1. Option: No forced update during playing - Similar Threads - Option forced update

  2. No option to claim digital license for Witcher 3 Disc Delta Insider Ring

    in XboX Insiders
    No option to claim digital license for Witcher 3 Disc Delta Insider Ring: When I insert the disc and try to open the menu, I'm not seeing any option to claim the digital license at all. If I look at the file info, I get a lot of information about the content/product id...
  3. Can we get an option to select expansion slot when installing games from XBOX app and not...

    in XboX Insiders
    Can we get an option to select expansion slot when installing games from XBOX app and not...: We should have the option to select storage options from the app. Choose between internal and expansion slot. submitted by /u/JRest71 [link] [comments]
  4. Xbox Series X/S power options to shutdown.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X/S power options to shutdown.: Hey everyone! I don't know if I'm the only one who shutdown completly his Xbox Series X... But it's kinda annoying to go into the options and power menu to do it. I think it could be nice to have...
  5. Can't see the "Claim digital license" option

    in XboX Insiders
    Can't see the "Claim digital license" option: I'm trying to claim the digital license for Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox One) but the option isn't showing up. I'm on Preview Omega, and I just had an update today, showing up on latest but here's the...
  6. How is a question about the future of the ad supported cloud gaming option, a feature being...

    in XboX Insiders
    How is a question about the future of the ad supported cloud gaming option, a feature being...: My previous post voicing an opinion about limiting Xbox cloud gaming hours and asking what the future of the free ad-supported tier could be (a feature that Xbox insiders have been testing) was...
  7. Do they games have to be installed before digital license option is available?

    in XboX Insiders
    Do they games have to be installed before digital license option is available?: I have only had the digital license notification pop up on discs that were already installed. On games others have confirmed that work it only triggers an install and doesn't pop up the digital...
  8. Disk to digital option not working for me

    in XboX Insiders
    Disk to digital option not working for me: I currently am enlisted in the beta ring version of the insider hub and im not getting the option for disk to digital on any of my games. I have the latest update it says. Anyone know the solution...
  9. The Disc to digital option is not apearing.

    in XboX Insiders
    The Disc to digital option is not apearing.: I'm a member of Xbox Insider since 2018 or 2019 but i don't use much my Xbox One S nowdays. I turned it on today and It updated but the option is not apearing. submitted by /u/cuecaplaysYT...
  10. Why does Xbox force Crossplay when it is optional on PS systems?

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Xbox force Crossplay when it is optional on PS systems?: Before I begin, there are multiple Xbox Dev sources and Xbox ambassador sources that "claim" to have explained it was supposed to be optional from the launch of crossplay. As all Xbox players have...