Optical out patch coming soon ?

Discus and support Optical out patch coming soon ? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Some older receivers only use the optical for CD I know my JVC only uses it on CD. Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SRT392, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Optical out patch coming soon ?

Some older receivers only use the optical for CD I know my JVC only uses it on CD.

DRAGON 40 LEE, Oct 31, 2018
  2. N7 Gh0stz Win User

I use my Astros as the mix amp makes 5.1
  3. A Blue Illusion Win User

Well, the only other suggestion I could make is to try setting up like you have done already with everything set to DTS and ready to go and then try a cold start of the console to see if that would help. Might be a last chance, fingers crossed effort but
    at this point it certainly can't hurt I guess.
  4. SRT392 Win User

I have DTS surround but it still does not work , I haven't thought of going a 2nd optical from my TV to the receiver . Worth a shot but this kinda of absurd , what's the point of even having the optical out if not to support all the applicable formats ?
  5. Dynamic Sausage Win User

Have you tried playing around with settings on both the Xbox and the receiver? It may just be that something isn't set up right or you're using an unsupported sound format. It could may even just be that the game you're playing doesn't support surround so
    it isn't utilising the surround features? It seems unlikely but I'm just trying to fill a few variables to try and help solve the issue :)
  6. SRT392 Win User

Thanks for the reply I tried the settings on the console with HDMI off & optical out set to DTS among the many which ways & the settings for the receiver on that output to DTS & made sure the sound field & everything else matched to DTS , unless I'm missing
    something , I'm stumped , If in fact DTS is supposed to work . I run my Astra A40's through the receiver & won't even bother to try them at this point. Again , this patch needs to be a priority BEFORE you blow through the few decent launch games because I
    doubt anyone will do extra play throughs to hear in 5.1
Thema:

1. Optical out patch coming soon ? - Similar Threads - Optical patch coming

2. Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?: I have a pair of speakers plugged into my Xbox One S using the optical port and sound only comes out one side. I’ve already verified that both speakers do work. I’ve tried changing a few settings...
  3. Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...: Hi, for the last 6 months I have had serious with my disc drive on my Series X. I am aware of reports that the laser diode that was used in the manufacturing has issues, I have also tried every...
  4. Xbox One S does not recognize optical 5.1 connection with DVDs and disables the graphical...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S does not recognize optical 5.1 connection with DVDs and disables the graphical...: The described problem only occurs when playing DVDs explicitly labeled as 5.1 capable. During playback, only a stereo signal is outputted. In the audio settings, there is no graphical surround...
  5. Xbox One S does not recognize optical 5.1 connection with DVDs and disables the graphical...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S does not recognize optical 5.1 connection with DVDs and disables the graphical...: Xbox One S does not recognize optical 5.1 connection with DVDs and disables the graphical surround setup The described problem only occurs when playing DVDs explicitly labeled as 5.1 capable....
  6. Why won't my new optical drive work?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't my new optical drive work?: I replaced my Xbox one's optical drive with a brand new one and installed the original daughter board into it, but it still won't read any discs, neither Xbox one nor 360....
  7. : Xbox One it's compatible with Dual Band vs Fiber Optic

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Xbox One it's compatible with Dual Band vs Fiber Optic: : (Mexico) Xbox One (All versions) it's compatible with Dual Band vs Fiber Optic I’m not an expert with networking, but I would assume they’d be “compatible.” Either way, your console is connected...
  8. I run fiber optic 954mbps but my speed is so slow on xbl

in XboX Networking Hardware
    I run fiber optic 954mbps but my speed is so slow on xbl: I run fiber optic 954mbps but my speed is so slow on xbl What kind of Fibre connection is this? its a UK FTTP connection then it will be contended. If its dedicated then you have an issue and need...
  9. DTS digital surround via optic

in XBoX on Consoles
    DTS digital surround via optic: Hi im having issues with my new xbox one x and my headset using dts digital suround through optical bitstream out, I had an original xbox one and had no problems and the suround sound on my...
  10. Xbox outputting Stereo audio via HDMI/Optic while using Dolby Headset (Plantronics 800LX)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox outputting Stereo audio via HDMI/Optic while using Dolby Headset (Plantronics 800LX): Hello Xbox support, I've posted this on Reddit already, but after a chat with Xbox support I'm posting this here. The reference from the chat was 1449985394: I just bought the Plantronics RIG...