Optical out patch coming soon ?

Discus and support Optical out patch coming soon ? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My older 5.1 / 6.2 receiver is a big part of the gaming experience . I have the optical cable plugged into the xbox one but still no sound The... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SRT392, Jan 2, 2014.

1. SRT392
    SRT392 Guest

My older 5.1 / 6.2 receiver is a big part of the gaming experience . I have the optical cable plugged into the xbox one but still no sound

The receiver works great with the 360 , wii u & ps3

Gamers really need this patched to enjoy proper dolby 5.1 on the games

Buying a new receiver is not practical after dropping 6 benjamins on a console & one game

besides the fact that you really never update just the receiver , a matching set of speakers

is almost a prerequisite when splurging on a new audio system so how long before this patched ??

This should be a priority since you can blow through the current games fairly quickly

:)

SRT392, Jan 2, 2014
  2. Eggnogga
    Eggnogga Guest
    Patch coming soon?

Well, first off, they don't fix exploits in Black Ops 2 or any Call of Duty game. They just release a new game every November. Secondly, there is a 1.9 patch notes thread on the front page here. I suggest reading that. With any game of this magnitude,
    there will be inevitably be glitches/bugs...some of which will probably never be fixed, but there are always "work-arounds."

Eggnogga, Jan 2, 2014
  3. Patch coming soon?

"Well, first off, they don't fix exploits in Black Ops 2 or any Call of Duty game".

Well that's not true... but I do agree that the OP was lacking research or knowledge relating to Skyrim's extensive patch history.

ChainSmokingBob, Jan 2, 2014
  4. Optical out patch coming soon ?

I plugged my reciver optical cable into my tv instead of the xbox. Maybe give that a try.

B B Rodriguez76, Jan 2, 2014
  5. Have you tried playing around with settings on both the Xbox and the receiver? It may just be that something isn't set up right or you're using an unsupported sound format. It could may even just be that the game you're playing doesn't support surround so
    it isn't utilising the surround features? It seems unlikely but I'm just trying to fill a few variables to try and help solve the issue Optical out patch coming soon ? :)

Dynamic Sausage, Jan 2, 2014
  6. Chowdog13
    Chowdog13 Guest
    I'm wondering about the same thing. Microsoft said a patch was inbound for optical Dolby 5.1, yet we've heard nothing since. I would really like to know whats up.

Chowdog13, Jan 2, 2014
  7. If your receiver supports DTS surround sound, then you can get surround sound from your XB1 via optical cable. Right now it's the only option for surround sound via optical. It would be nice to know when they're going to start rolling out some system updates.

A Blue Illusion, Jan 2, 2014
  8. DeathlyWK
    DeathlyWK Guest

Feb 1st I think the patch is coming since that is when Xb1 headsets are due for release. I will be buying a new turtle beach headset made for Xb1 myself.

DeathlyWK, Jan 2, 2014
  9. [quote user="iDeathly Omen"]

Feb 1st I think the patch is coming since that is when Xb1 headsets are due for release. I will be buying a new turtle beach headset made for Xb1 myself.

[/quote]

What do you mean by headsets? Turtle Beach and other 3rd party headsets or new official chat headsets being released?

Dynamic Sausage, Jan 2, 2014
  10. SRT392
    SRT392 Guest
    I have DTS surround but it still does not work , I haven't thought of going a 2nd optical from my TV to the receiver . Worth a shot but this kinda of absurd , what's the point of even having the optical out if not to support all the applicable formats ?

SRT392, Jan 2, 2014
  11. [quote user="SRT392"]

I have DTS surround but it still does not work , I haven't thought of going a 2nd optical from my TV to the receiver . Worth a shot but this kinda of absurd , what's the point of even having the optical out if not to support all the applicable formats ?

[/quote]

First, if you haven't already, make sure you go into your settings and select the DTS surround for your optical out. From your home screen select settings. From settings, select Display n Sound. The optical out should be on the far right side. By default it
    is set to Stereo uncompressed, but if your receiver has DTS then you should be able to select DTS from the drop down. Might want to make sure your receiver does/doesn't need to be set for DTS as well. My setup has optical out from my XB1 to a home theatre
    system with DTS supported and it works, but I did have to set my home theatre to DTS as well.

Also, I'm not using the TV feature so I'm not using the HDMI pass through. The last I heard, there wasn't surround sound support through HDMI yet, so that may be an issue as well.

12. SRT392
    SRT392 Guest
    Thanks for the reply I tried the settings on the console with HDMI off & optical out set to DTS among the many which ways & the settings for the receiver on that output to DTS & made sure the sound field & everything else matched to DTS , unless I'm missing
    something , I'm stumped , If in fact DTS is supposed to work . I run my Astra A40's through the receiver & won't even bother to try them at this point. Again , this patch needs to be a priority BEFORE you blow through the few decent launch games because I
    doubt anyone will do extra play throughs to hear in 5.1

SRT392, Jan 2, 2014
  13. Optical out patch coming soon ?

Well, the only other suggestion I could make is to try setting up like you have done already with everything set to DTS and ready to go and then try a cold start of the console to see if that would help. Might be a last chance, fingers crossed effort but
    at this point it certainly can't hurt I guess.

14. MrK1ngB33
    MrK1ngB33 Guest
    I pray this fix is coming !!! I had to but a hdmi RCA converter in hopes this will allow me to use surround sound speakers :/

MrK1ngB33, Jan 6, 2014
  15. N7 Gh0stz
    N7 Gh0stz Guest
    I use my Astros as the mix amp makes 5.1

N7 Gh0stz, Jan 6, 2014
Thema:

1. Optical out patch coming soon ? - Similar Threads - Optical patch coming

2. Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...: Hi, for the last 6 months I have had serious with my disc drive on my Series X. I am aware of reports that the laser diode that was used in the manufacturing has issues, I have also tried every...
  3. Xbox One S does not recognize optical 5.1 connection with DVDs and disables the graphical...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S does not recognize optical 5.1 connection with DVDs and disables the graphical...: The described problem only occurs when playing DVDs explicitly labeled as 5.1 capable. During playback, only a stereo signal is outputted. In the audio settings, there is no graphical surround...
  4. Xbox One S does not recognize optical 5.1 connection with DVDs and disables the graphical...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S does not recognize optical 5.1 connection with DVDs and disables the graphical...: Xbox One S does not recognize optical 5.1 connection with DVDs and disables the graphical surround setup The described problem only occurs when playing DVDs explicitly labeled as 5.1 capable....
  5. Why won't my new optical drive work?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't my new optical drive work?: I replaced my Xbox one's optical drive with a brand new one and installed the original daughter board into it, but it still won't read any discs, neither Xbox one nor 360....
  6. : Xbox One it's compatible with Dual Band vs Fiber Optic

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Xbox One it's compatible with Dual Band vs Fiber Optic: : (Mexico) Xbox One (All versions) it's compatible with Dual Band vs Fiber Optic I’m not an expert with networking, but I would assume they’d be “compatible.” Either way, your console is connected...
  7. I run fiber optic 954mbps but my speed is so slow on xbl

in XboX Networking Hardware
    I run fiber optic 954mbps but my speed is so slow on xbl: I run fiber optic 954mbps but my speed is so slow on xbl What kind of Fibre connection is this? its a UK FTTP connection then it will be contended. If its dedicated then you have an issue and need...
  8. DTS digital surround via optic

in XBoX on Consoles
    DTS digital surround via optic: Hi im having issues with my new xbox one x and my headset using dts digital suround through optical bitstream out, I had an original xbox one and had no problems and the suround sound on my...
  9. Xbox outputting Stereo audio via HDMI/Optic while using Dolby Headset (Plantronics 800LX)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox outputting Stereo audio via HDMI/Optic while using Dolby Headset (Plantronics 800LX): Hello Xbox support, I've posted this on Reddit already, but after a chat with Xbox support I'm posting this here. The reference from the chat was 1449985394: I just bought the Plantronics RIG...
  10. about the optic unit

in XBoX on Consoles
    about the optic unit: I need to know if the xboxone optic unit is afected when I insert a disc holding it for one second while the mechanism is trying to get the disc inside until the xbox try to pull it harder, it is...