Optical audio and use of sound extractor for Xbox Series X

Discus and support Optical audio and use of sound extractor for Xbox Series X in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So I have the turtlebeach Elite 800X which is a great headset and hard to get it's features in current headsets so want to keep using it but the Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by BLACKPANTHERv88, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Optical audio and use of sound extractor for Xbox Series X

So I have the turtlebeach Elite 800X which is a great headset and hard to get it's features in current headsets so want to keep using it but the Xbox Series X lacks a optical audio out so using the heat has some issues and I was wonder if one of those audio
    extractors would work and maintain current video and audio fidelity or would it limit it. Current one im looking at is the following.

https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B074HHSJVN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_BUZQFb5A9ZCF8?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I use it with my LG OLED 4K TV model OLED65C7T-T if that helps.

:)

BLACKPANTHERv88, Nov 11, 2020
  2. kyle_m4496 Win User

Audio issue with series X

Hi Jakobey. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

If your TV has an optical port, it's recommended to connect your sound system to your TV instead.

If your TV does not have an optical port, you'll need to use a 3rd party HDMI audio extractor to add an optical output to your Series X. The audio extractor you purchase will need to support HDMI 2.1 to ensure you get the best output from your console. You can find HDMI audio extractors on online stores such as Amazon, it will vary depending on region so I'm unable to recommend a specific extractor.

Please reach back if you have further questions.

Thanks,
    Kyle
  3. I AM B0DYBAG Win User

Can’t hear in-game voice chat.

It’s not connected to my controller. Although I have tried that as well. But I have an Astro A40 connected to a Mixamp pro TR which is connected to a Astro Audio Extractor. ( Since the new consoles don’t have an optical port) and the Audio Extractor is connected to my series X and TV.

Everything worked fine with this setup until about 3 weeks ago. Around the time the Series X had a firmware update.
  4. Erno15 Win User

4K Picture but forced to use DVD quality Sound?

Below is an audio extractor that is a solution to the problem, however there is no stock available anywhere...

HDMI PCM Uncompressed sound is like a soaring eagle while, in comparison, optical sound is like that blind kid's budgie in the first Dumb and Dumber movie.

[table][tr][td]HDCVT HDMI 2.0 Audio Extractor with Dedicated HDMI Out Port for Audio Only × 1[/td][/tr][/table]
  5. SpeleoFool Win User

Will XBox Series X support external DAC/Amp hardware via USB?

I wonder if an hdmi audio extractor will allow you to pull optical audio out of the hdmi signal to a soundbar or dac? Could be a cheap solution.
    Yes, that will absolutely work. Something like an audio-extractor, an HDMI switch with separate audio outputs, or digital audio out of a TV or receiver are all potential workarounds to the lack of optical out on the new console. However, it would be nice
    if the XBox would support these options natively since not everyone may have a TV with optical out or a receiver, and the only recourse is to buy additional hardware.
  6. ItsTheDayYouDie Win User

Xbox Series X - no optical audio port?

This is very disappointing to me and ALMOST a deal breaker. I still use optical output, I use a Turtle Beach Elite Pro T.A.C. for my gaming audio, which uses optical. This is not a smart decision.

I see mentions of just using an HDMI to optical audio extractor, this will work but....

Most extractors are HDMI 1.4 or 2.0 which means you'll only get 4k@60, no VRR, no 120hz and no HDR with 1.4.

If you have a TV (99% of today's TV's support this), there is a work around to get your optical audio devices to work on you headsets, soundbars etc. Your TV can extract audio from HDMI to optical. You'll have to go into your TV's setting and set it up but
    it's very easy. This is how I have my Xbox set up in my living room.

For my main Xbox, this is set up on a desk and monitor with the TB Elite TAC. I have emailed Turtle Beach asking what their plans are, since Xbox did say "ALL" Xbox One accessories will work on the Series X. I can only imagine they'll do what Astro is going
    to do, and that's pretty much just turning the mixamp into a USB sound card. This is not a smart move since these mixamps are not a decoder, hence the reason why you have to set the bitstream to Dolby Digital.

I get it thought, HDMI is the way to go to get your audio to an audio receiver because of the better bandwidth but for us hardcore, competitive gamers we would much rather have an optical output.

I really hope they rethink this and add it to the final product, but I don't think they will. I do see a SKU later down the road having an optical output though.
Thema:

Optical audio and use of sound extractor for Xbox Series X

1. Optical audio and use of sound extractor for Xbox Series X - Similar Threads - Optical audio sound

2. Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...: Hi, for the last 6 months I have had serious with my disc drive on my Series X. I am aware of reports that the laser diode that was used in the manufacturing has issues, I have also tried every...
  3. Xbox One S does not recognize optical 5.1 connection with DVDs and disables the graphical...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S does not recognize optical 5.1 connection with DVDs and disables the graphical...: The described problem only occurs when playing DVDs explicitly labeled as 5.1 capable. During playback, only a stereo signal is outputted. In the audio settings, there is no graphical surround...
  4. Xbox One S does not recognize optical 5.1 connection with DVDs and disables the graphical...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S does not recognize optical 5.1 connection with DVDs and disables the graphical...: Xbox One S does not recognize optical 5.1 connection with DVDs and disables the graphical surround setup The described problem only occurs when playing DVDs explicitly labeled as 5.1 capable....
  5. Why won't my new optical drive work?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't my new optical drive work?: I replaced my Xbox one's optical drive with a brand new one and installed the original daughter board into it, but it still won't read any discs, neither Xbox one nor 360....
  6. : Xbox One it's compatible with Dual Band vs Fiber Optic

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Xbox One it's compatible with Dual Band vs Fiber Optic: : (Mexico) Xbox One (All versions) it's compatible with Dual Band vs Fiber Optic I’m not an expert with networking, but I would assume they’d be “compatible.” Either way, your console is connected...
  7. I run fiber optic 954mbps but my speed is so slow on xbl

in XboX Networking Hardware
    I run fiber optic 954mbps but my speed is so slow on xbl: I run fiber optic 954mbps but my speed is so slow on xbl What kind of Fibre connection is this? its a UK FTTP connection then it will be contended. If its dedicated then you have an issue and need...
  8. DTS digital surround via optic

in XBoX on Consoles
    DTS digital surround via optic: Hi im having issues with my new xbox one x and my headset using dts digital suround through optical bitstream out, I had an original xbox one and had no problems and the suround sound on my...
  9. Xbox outputting Stereo audio via HDMI/Optic while using Dolby Headset (Plantronics 800LX)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox outputting Stereo audio via HDMI/Optic while using Dolby Headset (Plantronics 800LX): Hello Xbox support, I've posted this on Reddit already, but after a chat with Xbox support I'm posting this here. The reference from the chat was 1449985394: I just bought the Plantronics RIG...
  10. fiber optic audio on/off

in XBoX on Consoles
    fiber optic audio on/off: hey any chance i can get a update for my XB1 that when i tell my XB1 to turn off the fiber optic audio out it will maybe oh I don't know turn off! I have a fiber optic audio splitter and the light...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. are audio extractors working with xbox series x