OpenXr fialure error

Discus and support OpenXr fialure error in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, Can someone help my on this topic? I am not sure on what forum to post this topics. I am trying to play MSFS 2020 for PC (not Steam) in VR mode... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by YvesB, Apr 2, 2022.

  1. YvesB
    YvesB Guest

    OpenXr fialure error


    Hi,

    Can someone help my on this topic? I am not sure on what forum to post this topics.

    I am trying to play MSFS 2020 for PC (not Steam) in VR mode but when I launch OpenXr to play that game, I get the following error: XResults failure (XR_ERROR_INSTANCE_LOST). Note I unsuccessfully tried to find a fix using Google.

    Thanks in advance for your help.

    :)
     
    YvesB, Apr 2, 2022
    #1
  2. YvesB Win User

    OpenXr fialure error

    Hi,

    Thanks for the info.

    I will go through this extensive documentation in hope I find a solution to my problem.

    If I find the resolution, I will let you know.

    Regards,
  3. RainingRoses Win User

    OpenXr fialure error

    Hi,

    I’m not sure exactly what you’ve already tried, but I’ll try to advise here.

    Keep in mind that there are currently MSFS 2020 known issues that are being actively addressed and resolved in regular updates.

    Note There are known issues in the current Windows Mixed Reality OpenXR runtime with x86 apps. You should build desktop OpenXR apps for x64 at the moment.

    For OpenXR, read through the in-depth info here:

    The OpenXR Specification - Microsoft Open Source and specifically refer to the following guides:

    1.1. What is OpenXR?

    1.5. Filing Bug Reports

    2.8. Return Codes

    2.9. Handles

    4. Instance and each subcategory in this chapter.

    What the error code you receive indicates:

    XR_ERROR_INSTANCE_LOST

    The XrInstance was lost or could not be found. It will need to be destroyed and optionally recreated.

    The OpenXR - Mixed Reality | Microsoft Docs resource includes tutorials and recommended troubleshooting

    This should help verify everything is set up correctly with all the essential extensions for this emulator:

    Setting up your XR configuration - Mixed Reality | Microsoft Docs and see the solution in this thread:

    Don't set location of OpenXR runtime with the registry, use OpenXR Loader Specs instead - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

    Additional info:

    Introduction to OpenXR Explorer - Microsoft Tech Community

    Moving forward to OpenXR - Microsoft Tech Community

    This is quite a complicated issue that requires advanced troubleshooting, and there’s only so much we can explain here on the forums without making all this confusing. It would be best to contact support directly for real-time assistance if this continues or if you experience anything like this again.

    When contacting support, be sure to confirm the exact Windows version and OS build you’re currently on. To find and display this info, press the Windows key + R, type winver in the Open box, then select OK, or go to Settings > System > About for more detailed info with your PC specs. Then share any relevant minidump files, which can often highlight the driver(s) responsible for the crash in these situations.

    It would also help to mention if you have any third party software such as Antivirus, Ad blockers, benchmarking tools (like MSI Afterburner), PC optimisers and VPNs which can affect performance, and even completely prevent certain apps and services from working successfully. So you may want to consider uninstalling these if possible, or perhaps adjust the various app permissions and temporarily disable if necessary.

    I’d recommend to also post on the Khronos OpenXR Forums and the MSFS 2020 Forums where you may receive further advice and suggestions. I came across this Reddit thread with a helpful discussion on how to optimise settings and preferences for the most ideal OpenXR clarity and performance in MSFS 2020.

    Take care if you decide to allow remote access to your PC, and be sure to only allow this to a trusted representative through the official support portals. You can start a live chat or request a call back from Microsoft Support here:

    https://support.microsoft.com/contactus

    If the error persists or if you still have any questions or concerns regarding this, submit a ticket to MSFS Support and select ‘I need technical support for VR’ as the reason. You can also reach out to the support team on Twitter @AsoboStudio - the developers should be able to point you in the right direction if you send a DM.

    I understand this is a lot of info here. I’ll do my best to clarify anything if needed.

    Hope this helps.
  4. RainingRoses Win User

    OpenXr fialure error

    Hey, no worries! Hopefully this is all sorted for you soon. Feel welcome to post back anytime with an update on your progress.

    Here to help.
  5. HELLRAZER305 Win User

    Error Error Error

    DID you fix it I got the same one??
  6. InFaDeLiTy Win User

    Errors Errors Errors

    No not at all, I cannot connect to XBL at all, I am not sure what is happening, I know my internet is working fine and ive never had issues with this console but since the most recent update my xbox wouldnt download/install it properly and i havent been
    able get online at all its quite lame.
Thema:

OpenXr fialure error

Loading...
  1. OpenXr fialure error - Similar Threads - OpenXr fialure error

  2. Getting a 0x87e10bef error on all newly installed games while in Beta ring.

    in XboX Insiders
    Getting a 0x87e10bef error on all newly installed games while in Beta ring.: Had this happen with Toro2, Captain Tsuba II and Axis football. No issues on my other console that is not in the preview program. submitted by /u/WholePride2987 [link] [comments]
  3. Issues with the Devkit, error E208 00000003 00000006

    in XboX Insiders
    Issues with the Devkit, error E208 00000003 00000006: Apparently, this error occurs when the console lacks sufficient space. According to another Reddit thread, the only solution that seemed to work was a partial factory reset; however, when I go to...
  4. Alguna solución para este error al transmitir

    in XboX Insiders
    Alguna solución para este error al transmitir: Hola, tengo un par de semanas que plane transmitir en vivo, pasa que ya tiene como 3 o 4 dias que el stream se pixelea pero demasiado, y creía que seria mi internet pero hay veces que pasa y hay...
  5. Error installing the update (Alpha)

    in XboX Insiders
    Error installing the update (Alpha): Hello, a friend has this error when installing the Inisider Alpha update on his Xbox One S (500 GB). He even did a factory reset. But nothing wants to work. Source OS : 10.0.26100.9426 Cible OS...
  6. Error in voice's group. Nobody listens to you :(

    in XboX Insiders
    Error in voice's group. Nobody listens to you :(: You create a group or join one and see your profile is shaded. Don't worry, it's a bug that makes you join while you're in the game's voice chat... Just tap it view's button (⧉) and it integrates...
  7. What is the error: e102 00000c01 80070003

    in XboX Insiders
    What is the error: e102 00000c01 80070003: My Xbox one s console hdd broken. I put a new but cant system update.. i need the latest osu1 xbox 10.0.26100.9426 update . Need offline $systemupdate file or when last version Microsoft put to...
  8. Getting System Error E106 on Insider Build - Need Help to Fix It

    in XboX Insiders
    Getting System Error E106 on Insider Build - Need Help to Fix It: my console booted into the troubleshooting screen and I cannot bypass it. Here are my system details:System Error: E106 00000009 80070002 my os:26100.8569 My Console id:...
  9. Sending accept/send a friend request gets me the same error.

    in XboX Insiders
    Sending accept/send a friend request gets me the same error.: I was trying to add a friend to my Xbox account and both the app and the web gave the same "try again in a bit. Something went wrong". I tried logging in and out, uninstalling and installing the...
  10. Ghost Path Bug – Error 0x8B050033

    in XboX Insiders
    Ghost Path Bug – Error 0x8B050033: Xbox Series X – 0x8B050033 after leaving Delta Ring Hello, I left the Xbox Insider Delta Ring directly from my Xbox Series X on July 11, 2026. After leaving the program, the console became...