Opening Xbox game bar makes me lose game keybinds

Discus and support Opening Xbox game bar makes me lose game keybinds in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; This specifically happens when I use game bar with COD Modern Warfare/Warzone, but it may be wll present in other games, I guess. Steps to recreate... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Axldust, Aug 19, 2021.

1. /u/Axldust
    /u/Axldust Guest

This specifically happens when I use game bar with COD Modern Warfare/Warzone, but it may be wll present in other games, I guess.

Steps to recreate the problem:

1. Open COD Modern Warfare/Warzone and start and online match
    2. During match open game bar normally, close it
    3. With my character I try to run, but keybind won't work
    4. If I restart the game the problem solves itself temporary, until I open game bar again

This problem was also present before I was part of the insider program(but the problem was temporary solved by just binding the key again, restarting the game was not necessary).

submitted by /u/Axldust
    [link] [comments]

/u/Axldust, Aug 19, 2021
  2. PalmettoBling Win User

Xbox Game Bar Not Working At All.

The Game Bar is an app, does it open when you search the start menu for "Game Bar" and open it that way, or is it the custom keybind that is not opening the app? And for clarification, when you say "W + G" do you mean "Windows key + G"?
  3. Panda Time Win User

Windows Game Bar - Push to Talk keybind

Hi,

Upon opening the Game Bar via Win+G you will need to navigate to the settings which is the Gear Symbol, Once you have done so you will then need to navigate down to 'Party Chat' you will then see a option to toggle PTT (Push To Talk) to change the keybind it
    will need to be enabled, all you will need to do is select 'Record Keybind, press the key you would like it to be, It will only give you one option for keybinding.

If you are getting multiple keybinds then I would suggest re-installing the Xbox App.
  4. andrei minzu Win User

Why won’t the Xbox Series X save my custom keybinds in Modern Warfare 2? I literally have to re-choose the keyboard and mouse settings every single time I start the game.

try this: when you reopen the game, go to keybinds > keybind presets > select default and reselect custom after that. check to see if your custom keybinds are back where they belong.

If not, try stopping on-demand texture from graphics too and retake the steps.

You might have to do the first stept everytime you open the game but, at least, reduce the time.
  5. Vngi Win User

Xbox Game Bar Not Working At All.

The Game Bar is an app, does it open when you search the start menu for "Game Bar" and open it that way, or is it the custom keybind that is not opening the app? And for clarification, when you say "W + G" do you mean "Windows key + G"?
    by W + G I mean Windows + G that's correct, I can see it in " Task Manager " when I launch it from the start menu, although if I go to Game Bar Settings to actually enable it, this is how that goes for me I've tried everything on the internet to actually
    resolve this issue but nothing seems to actually do the trick, here's a gif of wha thappens when I try to enable it also thank you for the response.
    [​IMG]
  6. SHUBHAM_DEBNATH Win User

why dont i have a gaming option on settings? pls help (im on my windows 10 pro)

Please follow these steps to enable, check, and Install game features:

Step 1: Enable the Game Bar:

1. Click on the Start menu and open the "Settings" (gear icon).
    2. In the Settings window, click on "Gaming."
    3. In the left pane, select "Game Bar."
    4. Toggle on the "Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using the Game bar" option.

Step 2: Check Xbox Game Bar:

1. Press the Windows key + G on your keyboard to open the Xbox Game Bar.
    2. If the Game Bar opens, it means gaming features are enabled, and you should be able to use them.

Step 3: Please Install Xbox Game Bar, If you don't have the Xbox Game Bar installed, Xbox Game Bar can get it from the Microsoft Store:

1. Open the Microsoft Store on your Windows 10 PC.
    2. Search for "Xbox Game Bar."
    3. Click on "Install" to install the Xbox Game Bar.

Please let me know once you are done or complete the above steps, I will wait for your valuable response and kindly let me know If you need any further help.
Thema:

1. Opening Xbox game bar makes me lose game keybinds - Similar Threads - Opening game bar

2. Game Bar wont open, and I've tried at least 10 methods

in XboX Insiders
    Game Bar wont open, and I've tried at least 10 methods: Game Bar will not open at all, I've tried uninstalling, and reinstalling. Check for updates. Run commands in Powershell. Restarted my computer numerous of times and still nothing. Does anyone...
  3. I can't open xbox game bar

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't open xbox game bar: I am having trouble opening xbox game bar I have tried every method but nothing is working it happened after the recent update if u can help me thank you! It is showing this message sometimes when...
  4. Can't open game bar through the shortcut.

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't open game bar through the shortcut.: The shortcut doesn't work. If I restart my pc, it works again for a while but then stops working. Also, I can't change the settings for game bar shortcuts, as soon as I close the tab and reopen it...
  5. Why won't my game bar open?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why won't my game bar open?: When I click win + G the game bar won't open, same happens when I search for it through the tool bar. When I open my task manager it says that game bar is running but it still won't open. I've...
  6. xbox game bar, cant open group chat in lfg posts party

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    xbox game bar, cant open group chat in lfg posts party: [img] I cant open group chats for fh5 in xbox game bar PC d7d5175a-8df0-4f3a-adde-1aea4ac5af2e
  7. i cant open group chat in lfg posts on xbox game bar PC, it is greyed out and i cant click...

in XboX Insiders
    i cant open group chat in lfg posts on xbox game bar PC, it is greyed out and i cant click...: the open group chat option is greyed out in game bar lfg submitted by /u/_RyuZz_ [link] [comments]
  8. Xbox game bar not opening on pc when hitting the Xbox logo on controller

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game bar not opening on pc when hitting the Xbox logo on controller: Anybody else having an issue with their Xbox game bar not opening on their pc via their controller? I can still open the gamebar by windows key + g but nothing on my controller. When somebody...
  9. Game Bar ignores settings for opening with guide button on Windows 11 Insider Preview...

in XboX Insiders
    Game Bar ignores settings for opening with guide button on Windows 11 Insider Preview...: On the most recent canary version of Windows 11, the Game Bar starts appearing when pressing the guide button on an Xinput controller, even when the options for bringing up the Game Bar with a...
  10. XBox Game Bar doesn't open

in XBoX on Windows
    XBox Game Bar doesn't open: Hello, my XBox game bar cannot open. It's been about 3-4 months since I got this laptop and the game bar only opened once and then closed again, and I never got to open it since. Background apps...