Open tray error

Discus and support Open tray error in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; experiencing open tray error. I recently replaced the disk drive the reader that is, and enjoyed about 15 hours of gaming now this. The reader stays in... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CottonyPuma2, Aug 24, 2018.

1. CottonyPuma2
    CottonyPuma2 Guest

Open tray error

experiencing open tray error. I recently replaced the disk drive the reader that is, and enjoyed about 15 hours of gaming now this. The reader stays in the default position next to the part where the disk rests on and Spins. The laser flashes twice then
    bounces up against the resting spin motorh the discs sits on a couple of times, makes clickung noises like its jamming up on guides. Guides and motor-shaft (screw type) that moves the sled back & forth are greased and moves feely by hand.

:)

CottonyPuma2, Aug 24, 2018
  2. akjourney
    akjourney Guest
    No response from MS and now my post from last night is gone?

not reading Open Tray Error

akjourney, Aug 24, 2018
  3. open tray error

any help with open tray error

XciTe rampage, Aug 24, 2018
  4. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest

Open tray error

Did you replace the disc drive or did MS? If it was MS then I’d send it in for repair. If it was a third party then your warranty will be void and you’ll need a third party to fix it.

brandiesel1, Aug 24, 2018
  5. akjourney Win User

No response from MS and now my post from last night is gone?

not reading Open Tray Error
  6. VailedX360mania Win User

open tray error

I know what you are talking about. I have faced this problem alot! Well I'm sorry to say that there is no good news. The problem is caused by DVD readers laser. It is caused by either getting dirty, getting damaged, or stuck in one place. For solution, there
    is no other way than opening up the XBOX(which is not recommended), and cleaning the laser. If it still doesn't work, all you have to do is to switch DVD readers. I know it sounds crazy but it does actually solve it.

If you say, "I don't/can't open my XBOX and do all that stuff" send it for repairment through:
    myservice.xbox.com/.../Welcome.aspx

IF your warranty is off due to expiration OR some other reason, then I say find a shop that actually can do these kinda stuff :)
  7. Arch Skyte Win User

open tray error

8. GreyPilgrim-CE541714 Win User

Open Tray Error

This unfortunately wont help you,

You would have needed to send it to MS for repair had none of the recommended troubleshooting steps helped you. But as you have opened the console MS will not touch it and self repair can not be discussed on the forums.
  9. Berserkerist Win User

Open Tray Error

Our remarks have been falling on deaf ears. I keep getting the same remark of sorry, it's not our fault, would you like to set up a repair (that will cost you $100 for your out of warranty Xbox) I had this happen to me after the latest dashboard update.
    Write the gaming press (joystiq, ign, kotaku) and file a complaint with the FTC. Microsoft needs to address this issue and make things right.
Thema:

Open tray error

1. Open tray error - Similar Threads - Open tray error

2. HELP MY I HAVE A OPEN TRAY ERROR

in XBoX on Consoles
    HELP MY I HAVE A OPEN TRAY ERROR: i try fix the drive it dont work but i want to kill the disc drive my xbox 360 says 'open tray' i managed to read it but it is still a proplem if someone a way to fix it pls say it its...
  3. XBOX 360 disc drive laser (open tray error)

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX 360 disc drive laser (open tray error): My xbox 360's disc drive laser seems to barely be moving even with all the fixes i tried. It first moves close to the center of the disc then stays there and moves just ever so slightly. The disc...
  4. Forza Horizon "open tray" error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon "open tray" error: So I wanted to play some Horizon a few days ago but I was greeted with an "open tray" error that wont even read the disc, every other game I have works just fine its just Horizon that gives the...
  5. Open Tray error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Open Tray error: I have an original xbox 360 and its always worked fine until yesterday when it wont read any discs anymore. it wont even read my brand new game i got yesterday. I'vs tried everything but nothing...
  6. Xbox 360 Open Tray Error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Open Tray Error: I have tried possibly everything with that tray ... I tries that disc of laser lens cleaner but didn't help and tried cleaning it myself and removed all dust from the xbox and now it still dosent...
  7. Open Tray Error.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Open Tray Error.: Every time that I put in the game "Modern Warfare 3", my Xbox does not even read it. It just says "Open Tray". When I put in Advanced Warfare, it reads that game right away. There are no scratches...
  8. Xbox 360 Elite (120GB) Wont read disks! (Open Tray Error)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Elite (120GB) Wont read disks! (Open Tray Error): This is how it goes down... So, for the past couple of months now, my xbox is *** up. It started slowly in 2011 where it would take me min 2 minutes to read a disc. I just thought, maybe it's...
  9. Open Tray Error....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Open Tray Error....: Recently my Xbox 360 S has started acting very weird with reading discs. At first I would turn it on it made a few weird sounds said Open Tray and I would just open and close it and every thing...
  10. "open tray error" and wont install + freezing

in XBoX on Consoles
    "open tray error" and wont install + freezing: At this point I dont know what to say. I get a pre owned game and try to play. OF course i already knew id have to open and close the tray 50 million times like always. But when i start to play it...