Open NAT type goes back to Moderate every time the computer restarts - Can it be set...

Discus and support Open NAT type goes back to Moderate every time the computer restarts - Can it be set... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So what I have to do every time is go to Settings>Xbox Networking and click the Fix it button and wait - is there a way to set my NAT permanently to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by cholapatwoonprasert, Nov 23, 2022.

1. Open NAT type goes back to Moderate every time the computer restarts - Can it be set...

So what I have to do every time is go to Settings>Xbox Networking and click the Fix it button and wait - is there a way to set my NAT permanently to open or automate this?

Open NAT type goes back to Moderate every time the computer restarts - Can it be set... [​IMG]

:)

cholapatwoonprasert, Nov 23, 2022
  2. CarTzy Win User

Open NAT type goes back to Moderate every time the computer restarts - Can it be set permanently?

Hi cholapatwoonprasert,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today, and we hope that all is well.

You appear to be experiencing problems with your NAT continually returning to the moderate level. I was able to locate an article that, in some ways, addresses your issue. The post below displays a replied topic with the troubleshooting recommendations made by members of our community.

It would also be helpful if you provide us with your device specs, make and model.

And the current Windows OS version installed on your device.

Port Forwarding to get an Open NAT - Microsoft Community

Suggestions by HKS Centurion
    Setting a Static IP

Sse port forwarding to open the following ports

Udp: 88,500,3544,4500

Tcp & udp: 3074

Also see: Network ports used by the Xbox network on the Xbox console | Xbox Support

Additional troubleshooting steps you may perform

Troubleshoot performance and stability issues in PC games

Troubleshoot performance and stability issues in PC games | Xbox Support

NAT type on Windows displays "Teredo is unable to qualify" | Xbox Support

We're excited to hear from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Open NAT type goes back to Moderate every time the computer restarts - Can it be set permanently?

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  4. ItaAL Win User

Unable to log into Microsoft Account on Minecraft.

Tried everything on that page too, nothing worked. One thing I forgot to mention though: in the Xbox networking section of the Settings, it initially lists both the NAT Type and Server connectivity as blocked. However when I click fix it and then check again, the NAT Type is no longer blocked, it then says Moderate. Though Server connectivity is still blocked, and when I restart my computer NAT Type goes back to being blocked.
  5. SiggaSigep Win User

Multiple Errors?

My NAT type is set to Moderate. I would rather not switch it to Open, as it worked before with the Moderate setting.

I just went on my Xbox and tried to test connection a few more times, and it came up as Live Connection every time.
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Gamerpics not showing.

Hello William,

Moderate NAT type can affect different things. As far as the gamer pics it unclear as to why they aren't showing. You can go to settings>network>network settings>adv. settings> clear alt mac address and restart. This should help with the moderate NAT type
    and hopefully get it back to open. I know you stated you removed profile once. Would you try it again this time after you remove the profile, power cycle the console, then when you turn it back on then add your profile back to the console.

Hope these help, let us know.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

Open NAT type goes back to Moderate every time the computer restarts - Can it be set...

1. Open NAT type goes back to Moderate every time the computer restarts - Can it be set... - Similar Threads - Open NAT type

2. How do I fix my NAT type to open on my Xbox series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my NAT type to open on my Xbox series X?: Just having trouble fixing my NAT type. 2614125e-f0eb-49fd-9bac-270a7cb428ba
  3. How to keep NAT type as open?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to keep NAT type as open?: Hello. Recently, I've gone through the process of changing the NAT type on my Xbox One X to open using the steps provided on Xbox Support, but after around a day, I've noticed that if the NAT Type...
  4. Nat type moderate trying to make it Nat type open

in XboX Insiders
    Nat type moderate trying to make it Nat type open: Hello I’m using my iPhone 13 Pro to tether WiFi and I’m getting good speeds if I put phone by window like 250download and 40upload and -50latency but I’m in Nat type moderate and I’m trying to...
  5. How do I change my Xbox Nat type to open?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I change my Xbox Nat type to open?: My Nat type on Xbox says it is Unavailable 5a78e760-9b36-46af-8f01-40b0c7e787ba
  6. Why my NAT type is strict? Is there any way to change it to moderate or open NAT type?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my NAT type is strict? Is there any way to change it to moderate or open NAT type?: [img] I always get 200+ latency and 10-50% packet loss and sometimes the teredo is blocked, how do I fix this? e653aa41-1191-4078-b584-1f2e207ad3a7
  7. How do I keep my WiFi Nat type as open ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I keep my WiFi Nat type as open ?: it is constantly saying the Xbox can’t get a teredo IP address, sometimes it’ll say the Nat type is open but I won’t be able to join a party or play online, when I plug my WiFi extender In my mbps...
  8. How to set up orbit speed hotspot for open nat type on my Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to set up orbit speed hotspot for open nat type on my Xbox: Connected mobile hotspot, but keep getting strict nat type? 8d2ee87a-803e-4ef5-9439-705f1044ec05
  9. How to check nat type (open, limited or close)

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to check nat type (open, limited or close): so until then I always used the "xbox console helper" application for this purpose and everything was nicely described in those network settings, but now the application has been disabled "to make...
  10. Nat type will not stay open, why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Nat type will not stay open, why?: I recently port forwarded my xbox, hard wired it and when I play online it is the only wired connection, yet no matter what I do my nat type will not stay open, even when the modem is directly...