Open NAT type goes back to Moderate every time the computer restarts - Can it be set...

Discus and support Open NAT type goes back to Moderate every time the computer restarts - Can it be set... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So what I have to do every time is go to Settings>Xbox Networking and click the Fix it button and wait - is there a way to set my NAT permanently to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by cholapatwoonprasert, Nov 23, 2022.

1. Open NAT type goes back to Moderate every time the computer restarts - Can it be set...

So what I have to do every time is go to Settings>Xbox Networking and click the Fix it button and wait - is there a way to set my NAT permanently to open or automate this?

Open NAT type goes back to Moderate every time the computer restarts - Can it be set... [​IMG]

:)

cholapatwoonprasert, Nov 23, 2022
  2. CarTzy Win User

Open NAT type goes back to Moderate every time the computer restarts - Can it be set permanently?

Hi cholapatwoonprasert,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today, and we hope that all is well.

You appear to be experiencing problems with your NAT continually returning to the moderate level. I was able to locate an article that, in some ways, addresses your issue. The post below displays a replied topic with the troubleshooting recommendations made by members of our community.

It would also be helpful if you provide us with your device specs, make and model.

And the current Windows OS version installed on your device.

Port Forwarding to get an Open NAT - Microsoft Community

Suggestions by HKS Centurion
    Setting a Static IP

Sse port forwarding to open the following ports

Udp: 88,500,3544,4500

Tcp & udp: 3074

Also see: Network ports used by the Xbox network on the Xbox console | Xbox Support

Additional troubleshooting steps you may perform

Troubleshoot performance and stability issues in PC games

Troubleshoot performance and stability issues in PC games | Xbox Support

NAT type on Windows displays "Teredo is unable to qualify" | Xbox Support

We're excited to hear from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  3. SiggaSigep Win User

Multiple Errors?

My NAT type is set to Moderate. I would rather not switch it to Open, as it worked before with the Moderate setting.

I just went on my Xbox and tried to test connection a few more times, and it came up as Live Connection every time.
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

Gamerpics not showing.

Hello William,

Moderate NAT type can affect different things. As far as the gamer pics it unclear as to why they aren't showing. You can go to settings>network>network settings>adv. settings> clear alt mac address and restart. This should help with the moderate NAT type
    and hopefully get it back to open. I know you stated you removed profile once. Would you try it again this time after you remove the profile, power cycle the console, then when you turn it back on then add your profile back to the console.

Hope these help, let us know.

Thanks,

Brad
  5. zdopeheathen Win User

NAT type D:

My NAT goes from open to moderate for no apparent reason every time I boot the game up it's different.
  6. zdopeheathen Win User

Anyone have their NAT at moderate?

For me on Black Ops 2 simply turning the console off and back on will change mine from moderate to open every time. Haven't had a strict NAT type since MW3.
Thema:

Open NAT type goes back to Moderate every time the computer restarts - Can it be set...

1. Open NAT type goes back to Moderate every time the computer restarts - Can it be set... - Similar Threads - Open NAT type

2. I have an Xbox one and Xbox series x, both have open nat types in network settings but when...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an Xbox one and Xbox series x, both have open nat types in network settings but when...: I have an Xbox one and Xbox series x, both have open nat types in network settings but when I enter a game the nat type is moderate, how can I fix this issue? f4ef9613-abb8-4e4f-8fef-47be110ff69d
  3. Why is my Xbox saying services unavailable but NAT type is open?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox saying services unavailable but NAT type is open?: My Xbox connects to the internet through my hotspot but not my Ethernet cable. I’ve already cleared everything with my internet provider and they said to contact Xbox support. I’ve already...
  4. How can I find out the port numbers I need to give to my isp to set my NAT Type to OPEN?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I find out the port numbers I need to give to my isp to set my NAT Type to OPEN?: What port numbers are used by your ISP to open ports for NAT Type? dfc65d17-18aa-4be5-8c94-2e06a194d15c
  5. NAT Type Moderate while wired, Open by Wifi, HELP!

in XBoX on Consoles
    NAT Type Moderate while wired, Open by Wifi, HELP!: I've been trying to figure out why some of my games are crashing lately and I've figured out that some games that do server-base type stuff have been giving me a hard time because my internet...
  6. In my Xbox’s settings it shows I have internet connection and an open NAT type, but no...

in XBoX Accessibility
    In my Xbox’s settings it shows I have internet connection and an open NAT type, but no...: I switched from PS4 to Xbox about 8 months to a year ago due to my PS4 dying on me and I’m horribly fed up with the endless list of issues that seems to come with owning one of these consoles....
  7. Nat type open, wired with Ethernet cable, multiplayer and internet issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Nat type open, wired with Ethernet cable, multiplayer and internet issues.: My Xbox recently has been having a problem with multiplayer NAT and my internet. When I was getting on my Xbox, the multiplayer games and party chat stopped working along with problems with the...
  8. Wired connection, gigabit internet, ports forwarded, NAT type open, QoS disabled -- Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wired connection, gigabit internet, ports forwarded, NAT type open, QoS disabled -- Xbox...: With how large games are now, this is becoming a bit frustrating. Have even turned QoS back on & no improvement in download speed. Does anyone have the answer? No other games are running. Edit:...
  9. FH4 PC Server connectivity: Blocked. Nat type: Open

in XBoX on Windows
    FH4 PC Server connectivity: Blocked. Nat type: Open: First of all I followed this guide https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/connect-network/server-connectivity-xbox-app-displays-blocked to see if that may help me with my problem....
  10. Cant hear othe players xbox series s open nat type

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant hear othe players xbox series s open nat type: Idk if this is a xbox issue or a nat type issue Im seeing open nat type yet i am getting a moderate/ closed nat type What is going on? 3d7786d9-730d-4f07-8372-b61ffed98ce7