Only Sea of Thieves fails to download

Discus and support Only Sea of Thieves fails to download in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; it gets stuck at acquiring license and then says something went wrong on our end. Two other games and an app has since been installed. I have reset... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by CyanAnarchy, Nov 17, 2022.

1. CyanAnarchy
    CyanAnarchy Guest

it gets stuck at acquiring license and then says something went wrong on our end. Two other games and an app has since been installed.

I have reset the store, reset the stores cache, updated everything, reset my router and modem, nothing is fixing this.

I just built this PC, installed windows 11 got the game installed. played it, closed the game and tried to relaunch it 8 hours later and said there was a license issue, reset the app, repaired the app, uninstalled it and now it wont reinstall. Everything else is working, Microsoft services, gaming services, its just Sea of Thieves.

edit- i Forgot the error code; 0xC0EA000A

:)

CyanAnarchy, Nov 17, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this CyanAnarchy

This can be a bit dumb, but please double check if your system and apps are up to date:

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update

Click Check for Updates

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available (Install optional updates as well)

Then, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services and update everything too. (Click on get updates)

In the meantime, may I know if you tried everything from this article as well?

https://support.seaofthieves.com/hc/en-gb/artic...
  3. CyanAnarchy Win User

I have checked for updates and have done those steps.

I did just fix it. Hopefully this reaches anyone having my problem as well.

Control panel - system and security - uac - turn it completely off - install game - turn it back on.

No idea why that works as there isn't even a notification prompt from the Microsoft store for me but hey. It worked.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi, thanks for sharing that
    That’s an strange fix

But I’m going to keep that in mind if another user face a similar issue with sea of thrives in the futures
  5. YsaR Crystal Win User

Game Pass PC "bye for now" message

hi

ive only downloaded FH4 and sea of thieves and sea works perfectly no message or nothing just loads straight up.
  6. Theo Lind Win User

Can't download Sea of Theives

Im on Windows 11, and yes it only happens when i try to download Sea of Thieves
Thema:

1. Only Sea of Thieves fails to download - Similar Threads - Sea Thieves fails

2. Hello, could you help me with why my keyboard doesn't work in sea of thieves on xbox?

in XBoX on Windows
    Hello, could you help me with why my keyboard doesn't work in sea of thieves on xbox?: Hello, could you help me with why my keyboard doesn't work in sea of thieves on xbox? a7fb3d03-9704-4297-a118-761e51fe8ed9
  3. I pre ordered sea of thieves on my ps5 and I have no idea how to link my ps5 account with...

in XBoX on Windows
    I pre ordered sea of thieves on my ps5 and I have no idea how to link my ps5 account with...: Can any one help with this or am I gonna have to contact support for help I'm completely in the dark over here 6ce66d84-3105-450c-b846-2f0e3073a095
  4. Sea of Thieves Launcher Error 0x800704c7

in XBoX on Windows
    Sea of Thieves Launcher Error 0x800704c7: Some weeks ago, Sea of Thieves was updated (I presume the update that introduced EasyAntiCheat) to include a launcher, which resulted in the game no longer working correctly. Running SoT through...
  5. Sea of Thieves repeated Hazelnutbeard error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sea of Thieves repeated Hazelnutbeard error: Sea of thieves won't work through steam. I've tried all suggested fixes, re-enabled teredo, updated all my drivers, even set up port forwarding specifically for SOT's steam servers. Disabled VPN,...
  6. I’m having problems moving Sea of Thieves from my 4TB external drive to my Internal. Need help

in XboX Insiders
    I’m having problems moving Sea of Thieves from my 4TB external drive to my Internal. Need help: I downloaded Sea of Thieves onto my External hard drive, and now I want to play it. So when I go to move it into the Internal Drive it stops moving at 2.18GB and won’t start again. How do I fix...
  7. How do I play Sea of Thieves with Xbox friends from steam deck?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I play Sea of Thieves with Xbox friends from steam deck?: How to play with Xbox friends?? I'm having an issue playing SOT on steam deck and trying to join an Xbox friend. After wasting a bunch of time trying to get the invite to work in game, I tried...
  8. Can't install sea of thieves as I have a red x on the system requirements even though I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't install sea of thieves as I have a red x on the system requirements even though I...: I have a Ryzen 3 3100 Gt 1030 2 GB 16 GB RAM Can't install sea of thieves because I have X on system requirements even though I meet all the requirements as I had sea of thieves on my...
  9. How do I find the sea of thieves insider forums?

in XboX Insiders
    How do I find the sea of thieves insider forums?: I hopped into the sea of thieves insiders game version and saw a message at the top that said there was a big announcement on the sea of thieves insiders forums but I can't find the information or...
  10. Sea of Thieves failed to setup a crew session. Please try again(CoarseBeard)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sea of Thieves failed to setup a crew session. Please try again(CoarseBeard): What should i do in this case i do not find nothing to do.. c9e27765-8939-4324-a49a-8b29f3b7cb5f