Only Half my Blu-Rays Working.

Discus and support Only Half my Blu-Rays Working. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey guys. So I only recently noticed this after having my Xbox One for a year now. Most my older Blu Rays work fine, but it seems like the new ones I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Zak Fairplay, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Zak Fairplay
    Zak Fairplay Guest

Hey guys. So I only recently noticed this after having my Xbox One for a year now. Most my older Blu Rays work fine, but it seems like the new ones I get fresh out of the case do not work. It pops an error after trying to read it for a minute and says it
    cannot be read. I'm confused because all my other Blu Rays work just fine.

I recently bought the whole Star Wars Triology on Blu-Ray which came with DVD copies also. I went to watch Phantom Menace (never been touched before) and it could not read it. Tried a few more times and nope. So I put in the DVD version and it read it instantly.
    So next I tried Attack of the Clones Blu-Ray and nope, and Revenge of the Sith did not work as well. The DVD copies work perfectly.

So then I made sure it just wasn't a Blu Ray thing and put in my Blu Ray versions of TMNT. All them worked correctly so I tried another set of fresh Blu Rays never opened. Both Ghostbusters on Blu Ray fresh would not read.

Any help would be appreciated. I tried uninstalling the Blu Ray app then reinstall and still having problems. I went into Disc and Blu Ray and removed perisitant(sp?) storage and rebooted it and still not working.

Thanks for your help.

:)

Zak Fairplay, Jan 1, 2016
  2. Ripfactor
    Ripfactor Guest
    A significant disappointment.

Blu-Rays working fine on mine. Just watched Superman no probs

Ripfactor, Jan 1, 2016
  3. vgdelta
    vgdelta Guest
    Xbox One S as an UHD blu ray player..

My S is quiet and works very well for Blu-ray.

vgdelta, Jan 1, 2016
  4. gds1972
    gds1972 Guest

Firstly you should try and clear the blu ray cache to see if that resolves your issue.

support.xbox.com/.../disc-blu-ray-settings

Secondly try and carry out a hard reset on the console by pressing and holding down the power button on the front of the console for 5-10 seconds, once the console shuts down I would recommend also unplugging it for 5 minutes.

Finally you can try and uninstall the blu ray app then restart the console and then re install the app to see what happens afterwards.

gds1972, Jan 1, 2016
  5. Zak Fairplay
    Zak Fairplay Guest
    Im currently trying the second one you listed by just hard resetting then unplugging then trying. I tried the others which I tried to explain in the original post. I will reply if the second try works or not. Thanks.

Zak Fairplay, Jan 1, 2016
  6. Zak Fairplay
    Zak Fairplay Guest
    Problem solved. I sprayed one of the new blu rays and wiped it off and then left a smudge and it works perfectly now and since that one worked,the others worked just fine too... Wow.

Zak Fairplay, Oct 31, 2018
  7. Zak Fairplay Win User

Problem solved. I sprayed one of the new blu rays and wiped it off and then left a smudge and it works perfectly now and since that one worked,the others worked just fine too... Wow.
  8. Zak Fairplay Win User

Im currently trying the second one you listed by just hard resetting then unplugging then trying. I tried the others which I tried to explain in the original post. I will reply if the second try works or not. Thanks.
  9. gds1972 Win User

Firstly you should try and clear the blu ray cache to see if that resolves your issue.

support.xbox.com/.../disc-blu-ray-settings

Secondly try and carry out a hard reset on the console by pressing and holding down the power button on the front of the console for 5-10 seconds, once the console shuts down I would recommend also unplugging it for 5 minutes.

Finally you can try and uninstall the blu ray app then restart the console and then re install the app to see what happens afterwards.
  10. Goatsnatcher Win User

$399.99 CAD for Xbox Slim

You realise it has a 4k blu-ray drive? This is the main reason I'm getting one, it's about half the price of 4k blu-ray players in the UK.
  11. knightdeZero Win User

Blu Ray Player

The blu ray is from red box (so its new), my blu rays 007:QoS and Inception (older blu rays) work fine.
Thema:

1. Only Half my Blu-Rays Working. - Similar Threads - Half Blu Rays

2. I only got half of my Xbox Design Lab order?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I only got half of my Xbox Design Lab order?: I only got half of my order from Xbox design lab. It has been over 30 days since ordering and I havent even received an update on the other half of my order. When I go online into my account order...
  3. Connection problems. Please don't suggest the obvious fixes as I've listed half the things...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connection problems. Please don't suggest the obvious fixes as I've listed half the things...: I am so very close to switching back to PlStaytion... weeks now I have had the worst connection issues to my xbox. Wired, 2G, 5G, new wires.. I even went as far as upgrading my internet...
  4. Requested a refund it was approved but it’s been more than a week and a half and I haven’t...

in XBoX on Windows
    Requested a refund it was approved but it’s been more than a week and a half and I haven’t...: So I’m an accidental purchase and I requested a refund was approved on that refund said it would take 3 to 5 business days to be in my account again it’s been over a week and a half and have not...
  5. My personal Twitch Video in side by side half 32 not playable on Xbox One S

in XboX Insiders
    My personal Twitch Video in side by side half 32 not playable on Xbox One S: Last night I tried an experimental video by putting it in 3D side by side half. The resulting picture is a 16x9 picture, however when I tried to watch it today on my own twitch Channel I couldn't...
  6. My screen is split in 2 and the bottom half has shifted across the screen. What do I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My screen is split in 2 and the bottom half has shifted across the screen. What do I do?: Xbox was working fine, i turned it on and the screen split in 2 with the bottom having shifted horizontally. I have tried restarting the Xbox and plugging in new cables. Issue still remains. What...
  7. Screen Bottom half shifted across horizontally

in XBoX on Consoles
    Screen Bottom half shifted across horizontally: [img] Xbox has been working fine, today I turned it on and the bottom half was shifted across horizontally. I've found if in Settings, General, TV Display Options, video fidelity and overscan, I...
  8. On the Xbox series X, half of the screen won’t display on the TV for certain games. How can...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    On the Xbox series X, half of the screen won’t display on the TV for certain games. How can...: [img] Here is a picture. It happens with Far Cry and PuBG. Fortnite and other games work fine. abbf130c-cf13-4c1d-9e41-e0e5f7e4c654
  9. Blu-ray app has not been working properly... for half a year now

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blu-ray app has not been working properly... for half a year now: Hello forums, When I load up a Blu-ray disc on my One, I get no video and only audio. The move plays and all, and when I press the Home button I am returned to the dashboard but with no video....
  10. Is there a way to not have the Blu-Ray controls take up half the screen?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a way to not have the Blu-Ray controls take up half the screen?: I just bought a used Xbox One and found that the controls take up nearly half the screen. Is there a way to have it more minimalistic like the PS3? or is there other Blu-Ray player apps out there...