Only getting between 1Mbps and 4Mbps on network speed and stats on my 50/50Mbps line?

Discus and support Only getting between 1Mbps and 4Mbps on network speed and stats on my 50/50Mbps line? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm getting between 1Mbps & 4Mbps on my Xbox One S when I check the network speed and stats but on the browser when I test the line speed I get 50Mbps... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Claude Hide, Aug 8, 2022.

1. Claude Hide
    Claude Hide Guest

Only getting between 1Mbps and 4Mbps on network speed and stats on my 50/50Mbps line?

I'm getting between 1Mbps & 4Mbps on my Xbox One S when I check the network speed and stats but on the browser when I test the line speed I get 50Mbps to 54Mbps. I have a 50-50Mbps line. I have cleared my MAC and checked settings, there is nothing running in the back round. What could be the cause of this or a solution?

:)

Claude Hide, Aug 8, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Claude

If you try testing your network speed downloading a game directly from the Microsoft store

Do you get the same speed? (1-4mbps) or not at all?

Also, may I know if your Xbox is connected via cable or wired?
    And, please tell me what's saying below NAT type via Settings > General > Network config

I'll be waiting for your reply, greetings
  3. nikiniAugustine Win User

upload speed ALWAYS below 5mbps on console, but over 200mbps with the same wire on pc

Well you do know the upload speed isnt the same as download speed right? 200mbps download would mean 10-50mbps upload at beat

Your upload will never come close to your download you can contact your isp for info
    hi ngocphi, i have opened all the necessary ports on the router. the Edge browser on the xbox shows over 200mbps upload speed now. but settings>network speed and statistics only ever go up to about 4mbps upload. when i stream to twitch, the lag is very bad even with the seemingly 200mbps uplink.

i factory reset the xbox as well. same issue
  4. Galactic Geek Win User

What are your Networks stats on Xbox 1?

Interesting stats...

Download Speed: 6mbps (averages 5)

Upload Speed: 1mbps (averages .4)

Latency/Ping: ~100ms

Wireless Strength: 65%

Packet Loss: 0-1%
  5. EmirusCat Win User

When my downloads reach 50% the download speed drops from 50mbps to less than 1mbps

Is there is any chance that you could reset the source of you Internet connection? I had connections slowed down a lot in the past even with a good connection. Can you do a speed test?
  6. T eklesiast T Win User

When my downloads reach 50% the download speed drops from 50mbps to less than 1mbps

I feel you. I have this issue quite often too but that's not triggered when the status reaches 50%, it's rather random...

Though I found that by clearing my hard drive (deleting some games...) during some downloads, it causes problems like loading times increasing. and download speeds are affected too (writing speeds I should say).

So, my advice is clean your hard drive which maybe is a mess.

Do you have an external hard drive you could use ? It might simplify the process. What I suggest is that you move every game in your internal storage, to your external storage. After this is done, you revert the process. This way every game is written in
    the good spot on the HDD and it might bring back its original performance.
Thema:

1. Only getting between 1Mbps and 4Mbps on network speed and stats on my 50/50Mbps line? - Similar Threads - getting between 1Mbps

2. Elite 2 when playing get stuck in one direction or start twirling about

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite 2 when playing get stuck in one direction or start twirling about: Hello! My Xbox Elite 2 controller started going bananas recently. It is connected via Bluetooth When playing a game, and moving about, it will stick in one direction, even though I release the...
  3. Lets say there is a game that allows cross-play only between xbox and playstation, if i get...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lets say there is a game that allows cross-play only between xbox and playstation, if i get...: the game in question is mortal Kombat 11, and I have a friend that owns it on Playstation. 23a1475b-0a5a-4523-bcd4-7e2c6fd2a97c
  4. Can we get the option to switch between versions of Dashboards/Home Screens?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can we get the option to switch between versions of Dashboards/Home Screens?: I say versions but I just mean of how it looks, some people like the new style and others like me like the classic version, personally I loved how convenient it was and how it had that old similar...
  5. The ads for games in between my games are really annoying, How cn i get rid of them

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The ads for games in between my games are really annoying, How cn i get rid of them: The ads for games in between my games are really annoying, How cn i get rid of them 5895b136-9ee9-47d7-8a64-687134aa3832
  6. Error in Party get disconnected between short minutes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error in Party get disconnected between short minutes: My party is getting disconnected a lot, I don’t know what is happening Error code (0x801900CC) appears I have 4 weeks with this issue please help my connection is strong enough and I checked all...
  7. Did the party overlay get moved into a different position and there is more space between...

in XboX Insiders
    Did the party overlay get moved into a different position and there is more space between...: I'm in Alpha ring and just noticed this. I have mine in top right and seems it's moved all the way into the corner and now there is a big gap in between names when more than one person is talking....
  8. How do you get wordament to sync between win 10 & Note 9 android 8?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do you get wordament to sync between win 10 & Note 9 android 8?: I have wordament installed on my Note 9 (Verizon 128 gb version Oreo). I play the challenges but they don't show up on Windows 10 laptop. Why? Windows Solitaire is on both my devices & it syncs...
  9. Get "No Video Signal" on my TV when I try to move back or between apps.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Get "No Video Signal" on my TV when I try to move back or between apps.: Ever since I downloaded the most recent update on my Xbox 360, I lose picture connection when I go back in an app or switch from one app to another. For example, if I watch an episode of something...
  10. UK TV continued issues with Stuttering and channel changing between HD and non HD GET IT FIXED ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    UK TV continued issues with Stuttering and channel changing between HD and non HD GET IT FIXED ...: As an early adopter for the XBOX ONE, I am extremely disappointed with the continued issues with TV in the UK through the Xbox One. Unless I am mistaken they are still marketing this as a living...