Only being offered UK payment to change Gamertag of South African account?!

Discus and support Only being offered UK payment to change Gamertag of South African account?! in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have a South African Xbox account and I've used the one free Gamertag change. The account is set to my region, and was created on a locally purchased... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BrynCB, Oct 8, 2017.

1. BrynCB
    BrynCB Guest

I have a South African Xbox account and I've used the one free Gamertag change. The account is set to my region, and was created on a locally purchased brand new Xbox One S. Buying games with my card works fine on the machine. This is the only Xbox account
    I have and my PC, browser and Xbox are all signed in to it. I'm physically in South Africa and not using a VPN.

When I try change my Gamertag on Xbox.com I'm directed to Sign in to your Microsoft account. If I try use the Windows 10 Universal App I'm directed to that address too. Trying to switch
    the 'GB' to 'ZA' (South African code) just redirects back to GB.

Turns out the GB part of the URL is a problem, because my existing payment method doesn't show up and when I try add it as a new card I'm unable to due to it not being from the UK. The region drop down menu only lists England, Northern
    Ireland, Scotland and Wales and there's no option regarding my country. Also, the price of the name change is listed in GBP as £7.99.

Not sure what I'm supposed to do now. This is the first time I've encountered a regional issue with my Xbox account. Any assistance would be appreciated.

:)

BrynCB, Oct 8, 2017
  2. Ramsamy87
    Ramsamy87 Guest
    GamesWithGold - Unable to download

I am on South African Xbox LIVE.

Gamertag AfricanJedi 87

I am unable to download defence grid awakening, says offer not valid in region. There is no support for South African xbox LIVE.

Ramsamy87, Oct 8, 2017
  3. MW3 / MW2 could not be downloaded

So its dont an problem to live in germany with an south african Gamertag ?

CheerlessFriend, Oct 8, 2017
  4. BrynCB
    BrynCB Guest

Never mind. Issue resolved.

BrynCB, Oct 8, 2017
  5. BrynCB Win User

Never mind. Issue resolved.
  6. xUn4sak3nSAINTx Win User

Xbox live Subscribtion Transfer

I also have this problem on the 27th I changed my region from south africa to united kingdom and instead of it being instantly changed to UK it is still South African,under my account it says Xbox LIVE Subscription Transfer is there a way to fix this?I spoke
    to xbox reps twice and they couldn`t help
  7. Temhotabot Win User

south africa region account but i live in the U.S

Points cards are region locked. If you have a South African account then you will need to use South African points cards on it. And no, if you do not physically live in the US you can not be 'changed' to it. Once an account is
    created the age nor the region can be changed, the latter is only possible if you live in the nine newly added regions, the US is not one of them.
  8. William za Win User

Migrating USA gamertag to South African account

How would linking my gamertag to a South African WLID benefit me? would i be able to purchase games etc with a south african credit card if i did this (i would think not)
  9. BtheBiologist Win User

Region Error for Free Game for Gold promo

Thanks.

Then the question becomes, why are they offering a game to South Africans that South Africans can't use? The whole region thing is a bit weird if you ask me, but can MS not please offer something else or allow the game in our region?

Thanks for checking for me though.

All the Best.

B-)
Thema:

1. Only being offered UK payment to change Gamertag of South African account?! - Similar Threads - being offered payment

2. My xbox gets very loud while being in the main menu/lobby of call of duty

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox gets very loud while being in the main menu/lobby of call of duty: My xbox gets very loud when im in the main menu/lobby of call of duty, but when i go into a game it goes full silent. I recently cleaned my xbox so there is no dust in it and call of duty is the...
  3. My RT button bugged it like being press on even tho i don’t my finger on the controller

in XBoX on Windows
    My RT button bugged it like being press on even tho i don’t my finger on the controller: This bugged may be due to me playing on cloud gaming 0edc4b19-cfec-4a50-a583-477e43a4b897
  4. Xbox series x being throttled by Microsoft

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x being throttled by Microsoft: I had xbox series x for two years and everything was working normally until two weeks ago. I have 2gbps connection. Everything else connected is working fine on my network. I factory reset xbox,...
  5. Xbox One S being slow and laggy.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One S being slow and laggy.: I have an Xbox One S (2 T), I bought it refurbished from GameStop about 2 years ago, although just 4 days ago any game I would play would be laggy and crash, and then ultimately the Xbox itself...
  6. Why am I having issues with downloading and connectivity despite being connected to the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why am I having issues with downloading and connectivity despite being connected to the...: For a bit of context this issue has been going on for the last few days. My series X is connected to the internet with an Ethernet cord. I have run all of the network tests and they all show that...
  7. Why is my controller acting like the left joystick is being pushed to the left?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my controller acting like the left joystick is being pushed to the left?: I don’t know why but my series S controller started freaking out and pulling to the left without me moving it. It never did this before, but now it’s impossible for me to move it to the right one...
  8. Can I connect my xbox with the companion app wiresless without my xbox being connected to...

in XboX Insiders
    Can I connect my xbox with the companion app wiresless without my xbox being connected to...: Hi guys I recently got the new xbox and I was wondering if it possible to connect it on the pc app without it being connected to my tv? submitted by /u/chippymunk95 [link] [comments]
  9. I am buying a xbox one s for the first time. Would I be eligible for Upgrade to Xbox One Offer?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I am buying a xbox one s for the first time. Would I be eligible for Upgrade to Xbox One Offer?: I am buying a xbox one s for the first time. I had a xbox 360 with a different gamertag and I am not sure of that gamer tag or email. Would I be eligible for Upgrade to Xbox One Offer 30k rewards...
  10. Get your first Month of Gold for £1. You must be signed in to get this offer.**

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Get your first Month of Gold for £1. You must be signed in to get this offer.**: Get your first Month of Gold for £1. You must be signed in to get this offer.** Can't get this promotion. Chat Reference Number [Mod Removed] a2b37244-4041-4035-8b60-f87d796c1de8