Online multiplayer should be free for all games and all players

Discus and support Online multiplayer should be free for all games and all players in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Online play should be free for all games for every account. Especially now that you are making pc crossplay mandatory and the majority of your xbox... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Unhappy_Ad562, May 14, 2021.

1. Online multiplayer should be free for all games and all players

Online play should be free for all games for every account. Especially now that you are making pc crossplay mandatory and the majority of your xbox live gold subscribers are only paying for that option to get the games you let them rent for the life of their subscription.

You could still have xbox live gold for those that want the "free" games (that are not actually free) while still letting everyone play online games at no additional cost. This would greatly increase sales of dlc and games.

Being required to pay a subscription fee is why I don't purchase things like games or dlc until they go on sale for a large discount. I know that other subscribers do the same. If I was not required to pay a subscription fee I would be much more willing to purchase these items at full price.

I personally know people that have switched to pc gaming for this very reason. They can get all the xbox games on pc and are not required to pay a subscription fee to play online. One of my close friends switched to Nintendo Switch for this very reason. He just could not justify paying to play online anymore. I have been seriously considering switching to playing exclusively on my pc as well.

You have taken a small step in the right direction making the free to play games not require the subscription but that is just not enough to convince me and millions of other players.

I see players posting on the gears of war forums all the time about making the switch to pc to get away from the subscription. You guys are slowly losing the loyal customers that you have been gaining over the last decade by charging them to play online games online with their friends.

Please consider doing this. I personally won't be buying another xbox console until the pay wall to play online comes down. I have a decent pc to play on and will just buy multiplayer games to play on my pc until the pay wall comes down.

submitted by /u/Unhappy_Ad562
    [link] [comments]

/u/Unhappy_Ad562, May 14, 2021
  2. RandyAU93 Win User

FREE OR NOT

Thanks - so all the games marked free are free if you do not plan to play multiplayer. Did I phrase that right?
    Yes, if the game has a single-player component, it is completely free. For example, "Fallout Shelter" is a free-to-play game that does not have an online component, while "Smite" and "Fortnite" do have online components, and thus require an Xbox Live Gold
    subscription. All three are free-to-play, but "Smite" and "Fortnite" require Gold to access multiplayer activities.
  3. greatnewtini Win User

Error the current profile isn't allowed to play on Xbox live

4. JoshuaFarrow Win User

Multiplayer should be for all.

Aero Exile,

I apologize for the frustration you have towards Microsoft regarding this issue. However, we ask that you only create posts that pertain to support issues. Posts like these need to be made in the General Discussions area.
  5. Car1os239 Win User

I agree with you but it isnt too expensive so the things as they are :)
  6. ngocphi Win User

you can always play with your friends in EU

thats where you can join private matches or friends

match making is based on ping not location

if you dont have a good ping between you and your "friends" you cannot get international players as the game wpould be unplayable

petitioning in not allowed in support forums as this is not a support question

sorry i doubt ms would put itsel;lf in the red like sony or nintendo over it

please post in the wishlist forums
Thema:

Online multiplayer should be free for all games and all players

1. Online multiplayer should be free for all games and all players - Similar Threads - Online multiplayer should

2. on my game it says im suspended from online multiplayer and communications but when i check...

in XBoX on Consoles
    on my game it says im suspended from online multiplayer and communications but when i check...: why does it say im suspended on my game but on the web it doesnt. 3cb5917a-4b46-4946-b14e-449909a1b6c0
  3. I can’t connect to online multiplayer games yet I have game pass ultimate and can play...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t connect to online multiplayer games yet I have game pass ultimate and can play...: I’ve been having a problem connecting to multiplayer games although I have game pass ultimate I can play forza horizon 5 fine so Ik I have gamepass but every game that requires online multiplayer...
  4. What COD game can I play online multiplayer without game pass/game core

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What COD game can I play online multiplayer without game pass/game core: I am having a hard time figuring out what COD game offers online multiplayer without needed a game pass or game core subscription 289f9b4d-8964-4e58-b42b-82b833336ffc
  5. Multiplayer Setp Question : 2 or 3 locally vs 1 online?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Multiplayer Setp Question : 2 or 3 locally vs 1 online?: Hello Just starting to delve into the world of multiplayer. I had a thought though: is it OK for 2 local players in the same room, on the same console to play against one other remote player?...
  6. My Son can’t play online multiplayer games with shared gamepass ultimate subscription

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Son can’t play online multiplayer games with shared gamepass ultimate subscription: Hi, we have an Xbox series X and I have a game pass ultimate subscription. My son is a member of my family with all the privacy settings set to allow him to play online. The Xbox is set as a Home...
  7. What xbox 360 game doesn't need xbox live subscription for online multiplayer gaming in...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What xbox 360 game doesn't need xbox live subscription for online multiplayer gaming in...: What xbox 360 game doesn't need xbox live for online multiplayer gaming in 2023 december? Thanks for the help! :) e0847f0f-9c6d-45f3-a210-034bd52aa141
  8. My car x drift racing online will not let me join multiplayer room at all.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My car x drift racing online will not let me join multiplayer room at all.: Car x drift racing is not working at all when trying to join a multiplayer room, it says you joined but kicks me after a few seconds, I have tried everything for the past 6 months and it won’t let...
  9. How do I fix "you cannot play online multiplayer because of how you account is set up"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix "you cannot play online multiplayer because of how you account is set up": How do I fix "you cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set up" Ive tryd everything I've restarted my Xbox, uninstall then reinstall, I've done all of the family...
  10. Games that are payed and only multiplayer specifique should be free to play online cause...

in XboX Insiders
    Games that are payed and only multiplayer specifique should be free to play online cause...: Example R6 should be free because the hole premise is multiplayer Mc legends should have it free for only story mode as the capaign is multiplayer Titanfall has story mode so it doesnt get online...