Online Gaming In Different Regions?

Discus and support Online Gaming In Different Regions? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Looking for some help. I've recently moved to the USA from the UK and am trying to figure out how to play games like CO4 MF4 with my friends back in... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ChiliFr34k, Oct 17, 2017.

1. ChiliFr34k
    ChiliFr34k Guest

Looking for some help.

I've recently moved to the USA from the UK and am trying to figure out how to play games like CO4 MF4 with my friends back in the UK when on the Xbox One.

What happens is when I join a group with them we can never get a game match when i am in a group with them. However soon as I leave the group they get matches and I have to try and join their game (typically only get in 1 in 5 or so games with this option
    when I join).

I understand this is most likely due to the network tests to find optimized servers for all party members ie latency, distance etc.

However is there a way around this without resorting to a VPN with crazy low latency?

Is there any Xbox or COD4 MFR setting to allow me to join games in party with them?

I understand setting local to UK when I play with them might sort this? However not managed to try this recently.

Any support or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

:)

ChiliFr34k, Oct 17, 2017
  2. Droxcy
    Droxcy Guest
    Battlefield 3 Campaign [no spoilers]

Yeah online is a whole different experience like said above campaigns are so sadly short now a days its what to expect in a decade owned by online gaming.

Droxcy, Oct 17, 2017
  3. FAILED TO CONNECT TO EA ONLINE. PLEASE TRY AGAIN.

EA SHOOTERS HAVE
    ALWAYS HAD PROBLEMS ONLINE

Anyone expecting this to be any different must be new to gaming. lol EA has ALWAYS had problems with their online shooters. Always.

CAMMofTHRONES, Oct 17, 2017
  4. Callumpy Win User

UK Purchased Games

No problem.

If you purchase a game from a different region, there is a chance it may not work on your console as some games are region locked. I am not sure if the EA Online Passes are also region locked though.
  5. W1LD SEVEN Win User

Foreign Games

[quote user="KLRSKIR"]

Some people have multiple consoles from different regions, allowing them to play games from different regions.

[/quote]

That's not actually completely correct, although some do take this route a large percentage of 360 games are in fact region free and can be played on any region.

Lists are freely available online OP.
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

Does a xbox bought in spain work in norway or other country?

Yes it will work in Norway, but you may need a new power brick(as different countries have different power voltages). If Xbox live for xbox one isn't available in your region at launch, then you won't be able to use the console online. On a lighter note,
    the Xbox One will play games from any region as it is region free.
  7. Kalistokyle Win User

Region Differences????

The issue isn't that it isn't available in your region south africa

The issue is you are trying to get content not intended for your region

That's what the error is telling you

You cannot use region locked content outside of its intended region

So us or UK content must be downloaded with a UK or us physical region

You must use the region migration tool under my account and change your region on this website to correct it and then change the account region appropiately

For the best experience with xbox live you must use your physical region for your account region or you will continue to have issues
  8. ngocphi Win User

Different region?

Incorrect

Bulgaria isnt the same region you are talking about something completwly different

Bulgaria isnt a xbox live region therefore the problem

Xbox live regions are by country NOT continents

Now.back.to your issue

From.thr sounds of it.you didnt do.a Migration

But somwthing else

Changing the setting on https://accounts.microsoft.com doesnt migrate the region but causes what you are seeing now.region conflict

This is why you MUST use the region migration tool as mentioned in my first post

Chsnging the region on https://accounts.microsoft.com only allows you to chsnge the ms account not. The xbox.live accounts region

As mentioned before its not a one click option and gives three warnings ontop.of the 3month warning

Changing the ms account region only allows you to add a different regions billing address not.migration

Which allows you to use xbox one but not xbox 360 as the xbox account must be the same which is why you are getting that error

You can also.confirm with xbox support

Xbox actually goes by your xbox account region regardless of your console setting on the webpage
Thema:

1. Online Gaming In Different Regions? - Similar Threads - Online Gaming Different

2. My new internet at home is 2.2 GB and my XBOX X will not allow me into online gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    My new internet at home is 2.2 GB and my XBOX X will not allow me into online gaming: Hi. Yesterday my internet was boosted from 1GB to 2.2GB. and now my Xbox will not allow me to play online. The message on screen says waiting for relay. I would add that ten minutes before city...
  3. Why do i recive all these lag issues only in online games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do i recive all these lag issues only in online games?: I recently purchased a TP-Link Wi-Fi adapter and installed it correctly on my system. However, I am experiencing consistent packet loss and high latency issues while playing games. What's...
  4. Every online game I play gets disconnected after about 5-10 minutes of playing. Then right...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Every online game I play gets disconnected after about 5-10 minutes of playing. Then right...: I get error 0x8923106C for the party chat. Ive reset the Xbox, the internet, I’ve changed mac address I’ve changed port selection. I’ve tried wireless and wired connections. Power cycling the...
  5. Xbox will not connect to games online, I can hotspot the xbox of my phone but will not play...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox will not connect to games online, I can hotspot the xbox of my phone but will not play...: My xbox will not connect to my bt hub, I have taken it to another house and it works perfectly fine, any ideas 89af7179-0080-40a8-933b-6b13cc75ba39
  6. Astroneer online coop cot working on PC game pass

in XBoX on Consoles
    Astroneer online coop cot working on PC game pass: Hello I am trying to play with a friend, we both have the game on game pass for pc and trying to connect but keep getting the message "" failed to connect to Host "" I tried and researched a...
  7. Free online for games bought in Microsoft store

in XboX Insiders
    Free online for games bought in Microsoft store: Multiplayer, in some games, is about 30 to 50% of the content and besides the game itself, you have to pay for the subscription in order to get the online access. In my opinion, it's not a really...
  8. I can’t see any of my friends online and if they try to send me a game invite, it tells...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can’t see any of my friends online and if they try to send me a game invite, it tells...: I can’t see any of my friends online. It shows that they are all off-line.. if they try to send me a game invite they get a message that says I am currently off-line...
  9. Games shows me Online when i am Offline in xbox to followers

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Games shows me Online when i am Offline in xbox to followers: Hi, I have a serious issue and kind of a breach of contract. The Show offline mode is directly related to "hiding" offline. The problem is that some games (Neverwinter) Allows followers to...
  10. I cannot continue an online game with my friends. It's says that cannot join the game. For...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I cannot continue an online game with my friends. It's says that cannot join the game. For...: I cannot continue an online game with my friends. It's says that cannot join the game. For overcooked 2. We used to play and invite my friend with no problem two days ago and now it is imposible...