Onkyo: Auto Low Latency compatibility with equipment help

Discus and support Onkyo: Auto Low Latency compatibility with equipment help in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; Onkyo (Audio/Video Receivers): Auto Low Latency compatibility with equipment help are you sure if you receiver have total compatibility with xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by AdamRoecker, Oct 6, 2019.

1. AdamRoecker
    AdamRoecker Guest

Onkyo (Audio/Video Receivers): Auto Low Latency compatibility with equipment help
    Yeah, everything else works fine which further had me befuddled. HDR, great. Resolution? 4k UHD. Sound? Perfect 5.1 Dolby or DTS.

The receiver is the oldest piece of equipment in the setup, and I guess it is possible that for whatever reason it won't allow passthrough of just that one command. I have everything relevant enabled to allow communication between the three devices, that's
    just the one hangup.

I'm probably just going to go the TV as a hub route and ARC the sound down to the receiver. It won't passthrough 5.1 DTS that way, but it should still do 5.1 Dolby (according to CNET testing).

I'll let ya guys know!

:)

AdamRoecker, Oct 6, 2019
  2. AdamRoecker Win User

are you sure if you receiver have total compatibility with xbox features? like hdmi version, resolution, hdr and everything else, maybe this is the problem.
    Yeah, everything else works fine which further had me befuddled. HDR, great. Resolution? 4k UHD. Sound? Perfect 5.1 Dolby or DTS.

The receiver is the oldest piece of equipment in the setup, and I guess it is possible that for whatever reason it won't allow passthrough of just that one command. I have everything relevant enabled to allow communication between the three devices, that's
    just the one hangup.

I'm probably just going to go the TV as a hub route and ARC the sound down to the receiver. It won't passthrough 5.1 DTS that way, but it should still do 5.1 Dolby (according to CNET testing).

I'll let ya guys know!
  3. WPAK Win User

Auto Low Latency compatibility with equipment help

Hi there,

it could be the HDMI cable or the receiver, best option you have is to see the manual etc for the receiver to see if it supports it.

The easiest thing to try is change the HDMI cable and see what happens, but my personal guess would be that the signal is not passed through to the console via the receiver, which would mean that the only option would be to connect the console directly
    to the TV.

As alternate option (if available) is to use the ARC functionaltity if the TV and receiver support that, which is able to return the audio via HDMI from TV to Receiver.

Some more information can be found here in regards to HDMI ARC:
    https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/hdmi-arc-explained-works-care/
  4. SuprX BR Win User

are you sure if you receiver have total compatibility with xbox features? like hdmi version, resolution, hdr and everything else, maybe this is the problem.
  5. AdamRoecker Win User

Hey WPAK!

Thank you for the response. You know, I didn't even consider the ARC as an option for return audio; I was just in my zone trying to think this thing through; that actually may be an option if I have to go Xbox -> TV.

I'm going to try an upgraded HDMI cable and if that doesn't solve the problem I'll have to do a workaround. I'm not sure what the specifications in the manual for the receiver would really denote whether or not they can pass that specific command. It obviously
    has Anynet+ CEC and all of the ports are labelled HDCP 2.2.
  6. les lane Win User

HDR / Dolby Vision no longer working on Xbox Series X

…LG C2 vs Xbox Series X no signal issues…turn off Auto low-latency mode on the Xbox series x…it’s conflicting with lg c2 Auto low-latency mode…
Thema:

1. Onkyo: Auto Low Latency compatibility with equipment help - Similar Threads - Onkyo Auto Low

2. Series S won't control volume on Onkyo receiver anymore

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S won't control volume on Onkyo receiver anymore: As of the last few weeks, probably since the console update, my Series S will no longer adjust the volume on my Onkyo TX-NR686 receiver, which it had been doing just fine until a few weeks ago. Is...
  3. BenQ Projector does not detect signal from Xbox One S @1080p when routed through Onkyo AV...

in XBoX on Consoles
    BenQ Projector does not detect signal from Xbox One S @1080p when routed through Onkyo AV...: I've had my Xbox one S console connected to my BenQ (1080p) projector for over a year via an Onkyo (TX-NR6050) AVR. Xbox was outputting video at 1080p 60 hz. Last week the projector stopped...
  4. Getting Xbox One X connected properly to a LG C9 and an Onkyo RZ3100???

in XBoX on Consoles
    Getting Xbox One X connected properly to a LG C9 and an Onkyo RZ3100???: So I have an new LG C9 OLED which has hdmi 2.1 and I want to take full advantage of all the new features that the XBOX One X allows. Currently, I have the Xbox connected to my Onkyo, which does...
  5. Dolby Atmos not working Onkyo RZ840

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos not working Onkyo RZ840: Hi, I'm hoping someone can either help me fix the problem or confirm there is an issue and fix on the way from Microsoft. I am unable to turn Dolby Atmos for my receiver. I am connected via...
  6. Still no Dolby Atmos for my Onkyo TX NR797

in XBoX on Consoles
    Still no Dolby Atmos for my Onkyo TX NR797: I just saw another thread on this 2 months ago and would like to know if there are any updates coming that will enable Atmos on my games through my receiver. I realized this issue its not just...
  7. Onkyo TX-NR797 - 4K and HDR10 Issues - Help!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Onkyo TX-NR797 - 4K and HDR10 Issues - Help!: I purchased an Onkyo TX-NR797 yesterday for my Optoma UHD65 projector setup. I've tested both of my HDMI cables by directly connecting the Xbox into the projector and had no issues. Now after...
  8. Onkyo: Getting ‘We’ve lost your tv lineup.’ Message. When I go through the setup process,...

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Onkyo: Getting ‘We’ve lost your tv lineup.’ Message. When I go through the setup process,...: Onkyo (Audio/Video Receivers): Getting ‘We’ve lost your tv lineup.’ Message. When I go through the setup process, it takes me right back to the ‘We've lost your tv lineup.’ Screen again. Fix this!...
  9. Onkyo TX SR 444 ATMOS

in XBoX on Consoles
    Onkyo TX SR 444 ATMOS: Has anybody managed to get dolby atmos to work on onkyo TX SR 444 and x box one x? bfff3c30-d09a-4be1-a448-0b07b0e4d15c
  10. Onkyo - TX DS474 intermittent control - auto power off - media remote

in XBoX on Consoles
    Onkyo - TX DS474 intermittent control - auto power off - media remote: My Onkyo TX DS474 is setup to be controlled by my XBOXONE. Auto power on and off is enabled... The Onkyo powers on with the ONE but does not power off. Therefore, requires manual power off after...