One X 4k issues

Discus and support One X 4k issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently purchased the Samsung - UE590 Series 28" LED 4k UHD Monitor specifically for my One X. The monitor is perfectly capable of running 4k@60fps... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by xMIKExSMITHx, Oct 19, 2018.

  1. xMIKExSMITHx
    xMIKExSMITHx Guest

    One X 4k issues


    I recently purchased the Samsung - UE590 Series 28" LED 4k UHD Monitor specifically for my One X. The monitor is perfectly capable of running 4k@60fps yet in my xbox settings, it says the monitor doesn't support it. However, intermittently
    I can get the xbox to recognize that my monitor can in fact run 4k@60. I dont know why this happens, and can't seem to override the xbox to say yes it definitely can run 4k@60 and thats the setting I want you to run. As of current, I can only select 2k@60.
    Anyone know why this happens or how to override these settings on the xbox to force it to run 4k@60 regardless of the feedback it is receiving from the monitor?

    :)
     
    xMIKExSMITHx, Oct 19, 2018
    #1
  2. Xbox One X flickering and black screening in 4K after 11/17 system update

    I can also say that both my X One S had issues and now my X One X blinks randomly as well. I’m using a 55’’ Visio E55-E1 and almost unplayable in 4K. 1080p is fine but I didn’t buy the One X for 1080P.
     
    yELoCaKEuRAniUm, Oct 19, 2018
    #2
  3. smileskybird
    smileskybird Guest
    4K Passthrough?

    I saw it has HDMI 2.0B thingy on this site.

    If say you connect an Xbox One X to your 4K HDTV, you should still be able to:

    1. Download the YouTube and Netflix apps, onto your Xbox One X, and still be able to watch in 4k 60fps?

    2. Use Xbox One X 4k Blu-ray player to watch 4k Blu-ray disc movies in 4k 60fps?

    3. Play games on Xbox One X, in 4k 60fps?

    .... right?
     
    smileskybird, Oct 19, 2018
    #3
  4. ChiefJoboo
    ChiefJoboo Guest

    One X 4k issues

    Make sure your monitor supports HDMI 2.0 so it can do 4k at 60hz. HDMI 1.4 can only do 4k at 30hz and the xbox one does not support that. For example, my monitor does not support 4k 60hz with HDMI but it does with display port. My max resolution is 1440p
    on HDMI. I do have HDMI 2.0 though, but something must not be detecting it properly.

    Monitors are trickier than TVs because auto-detect sometimes does not work correctly and the xbox does not know that the monitor can do 4k at 60hz through HDMI. And if you select Manual from Auto Detect on the xbox one settings, you can't select 4k because
    4k is only available when you have auto detect enabled, to my knowledge.

    Display port is one thing that monitors like yours have, that support 4k at 60hz and more, but the xbox does not officially support display port and you would need a special "active" adapter for that and xbox can't guarantee that that will work.
     
    ChiefJoboo, Oct 19, 2018
    #4
  5. Echo4Ent
    Echo4Ent Guest
    Echo4Ent, Oct 19, 2018
    #5
  6. xMIKExSMITHx
    xMIKExSMITHx Guest
    Thank you so much for the replies ChiefJoboo and Echo4Ent!!! I will certainly check out both scenarios and reply back!!!
     
    xMIKExSMITHx, Nov 3, 2018
    #6
  7. Boom B00M Boom Win User

    xbox one x stutter in 4k/1080p blu rays but not all

  8. ROBIN H 25 Win User

    The upcoming X-Box Series X

    Yes, I currently own an X Box One X

    When does the new X Box series X release this year?

    Will it have blue-ray?

    I have a 65 inch, 4K television.

    Will I see a difference in graphics with the new X Box on my 4K?
    Xbox Series X will release Holiday 2020, given Xbox's track record of releasing new consoles, they've usually been around November.

    It will have Blu-Ray.

    With the Xbox One X, it uses checkerboarding to get 4K resolution, though it's not true 4K, it's what allows the One X to get to 4K,

    With the Xbox Series X, it will use true native 4K, you may see that the Series X will look a little better at 4K than the One X at 4K.
  9. t4ryn it up Win User

    Need help deciding which xbox one consoles to buy for gaming and 4k- BluRays?

    Although both the Xbox One S and the Xbox One X can both stream 4K, only the One X is capable of true 4K gaming. I would recommend the XBox One X over the XBox One S because it only one that can truly do 4K gaming! The XBox One S can upscale 1080p games
    to 4K but isn’t a real 4K console, although it can play Blu-Ray in 4K. The XBox One X is the first console to truly be able to stream 4K gaming, plus it has a Ultra HD 4K Blu-ray player!
  10. ROBIN H 25 Win User

    Games

    The Xbox One can't play games at 4K, You need to have the Xbox One X and a 4K TV or a 4K Monitor to get to play games at 4K and games that show Xbox One X Enhanced on them.
  11. XBF Leo G Win User

    Xbox One X TV issue

    Hello AutoSnipeRid3r,

    Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. Are you using the HDMI cable that came with the Xbox One X? The HDMI cable that is included with the Xbox One X is designed for 4k televisions. If an HDMI cable that does not support 4k is being used, it
    could cause issues with the video feed. Is this console enrolled in the
    Xbox Insider program
    ? We recommend utilizing the article entitled
    Troubleshooting 4k and HDR on Xbox One X and Xbox One S
    in order to resolve this issue. Be sure to let us know the results!
Thema:

One X 4k issues

Loading...
  1. One X 4k issues - Similar Threads - issues

  2. I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue

    in XboX Insiders
    I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue: OP: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/1vst1bu/games_and_apps_crashes_when_navigating_to_full/ I am on skip-ahead 10.0.26100.9620 The bug occurs on all rings and production build,...
  3. New Experience on Cloud issue, can't interact with anything

    in XboX Insiders
    New Experience on Cloud issue, can't interact with anything: I openned play.xbox.com and got a pop-up to try the new experience, which I accepted. Now on Chrome, Edge and on the Chrome APP, the interface is different, but everything is "dimmed" / Greyed out...
  4. Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues: Hello, has anyone else with this headset been experiencing any chat/party issues with this headset within the last couple of weeks? Ever since September 12th when I am in a party either a Xbox...
  5. Spotify gamebar widget transparency issue

    in XboX Insiders
    Spotify gamebar widget transparency issue: Has anybody had an issue with the spotify gamebar widget not being transparent when the transparency bars are at 100, or could someone help me with this issue? I've done every fix possible and...
  6. xbox insider rings issues with features missing

    in XboX Insiders
    xbox insider rings issues with features missing: so this is my 2nd console update. i'm still in the omega ring despite now reaching level 2. i had to do the first update on my xbox one only to realise i didn't get a single feature. updating the...
  7. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  8. Issues with the Devkit, error E208 00000003 00000006

    in XboX Insiders
    Issues with the Devkit, error E208 00000003 00000006: Apparently, this error occurs when the console lacks sufficient space. According to another Reddit thread, the only solution that seemed to work was a partial factory reset; however, when I go to...
  9. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  10. Arctis Nova 7X Headset issue popping up in the last week on Alpha Skip Ahead

    in XboX Insiders
    Arctis Nova 7X Headset issue popping up in the last week on Alpha Skip Ahead: Hello all, Any help here would be great. I have a Steel Series Arctis Nova 7x Headset and an Xbox series X. I'm not having an issue with hearing game or party chat, but my friends are reporting...