One person causing party chat echo

Discus and support One person causing party chat echo in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; My sister had a problem with her Xbox one that would always cause anyone else in party chat to echo, not her, everyone else. She recently purchased an... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Rojo85, Feb 17, 2023.

1. Rojo85
    Rojo85 Guest

My sister had a problem with her Xbox one that would always cause anyone else in party chat to echo, not her, everyone else. She recently purchased an Xbox One X and there was no more echo problem. Then she messed with her party settings And the echo is back. Is there any way to rest her party chat settings to what they originally came as?

Also this is the only person I have ever had this problem with. I always have party overlay on and can see that it IS her mic lighting up when the echo is happening.

:)

Rojo85, Feb 17, 2023
  2. Onyx Is Here Win User

Hello Rojo85, sorry to hear your friend is having trouble.

First, I'd like to mention that the best possible help could be provided if your friend wrote in. That way we can help her specifically.

However, what she can try is to go into her Audio settings on the console then go into Party & Chat and set it to 50%.

If that doesn't work then the easiest thing for her to do would be to run a factory reset on the console. There's an option to keep installed games and apps and her saves will be safe on the Cloud.

The only difference would be that when she's prompted to bring over previous settings or use the app to set up she should select No.

You can read how to do a reset via this link https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  3. LordJim47 Win User

Echo of own voice in Party Chat

Hello,

When experiencing an issue with (headset echo), it tends to be caused by the connection between you and others in the party. May I ask if you have experienced this in multiple parties apart from one?

Regards,

NRMLTY
    Only one person so far. But did happen off and on with the Turtle Beach 800X. I will find another person to check the chat and turn of mic monitoring. Thanks.
  4. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Party/mic issues

As I understand you are experiencing echo issues with your party.

First, please make sure that you are using the boom mic with the headset. Using the internal mic can cause an echo issue at higher volumes with Xbox One.

If people in your party are complaining about hearing their voice echo back or strange squawk type noises, first try adjusting your "Headset Volume" in the Xbox Guide down one notch from maximum.

If you hear everyone else in your party echo when in party chat, it is likely due to the Xbox One being set to output party chat audio to both speakers and the headset at the same time.

To change this setting:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Select All Settings.
    4. Select Display & sound.
    5. Select Volume.
    6. Select Party chat output
    7. Select Headset
    You should no longer hear the echo.
  5. AridLizard Win User

Xbox headset echo

have you tried turning down mic sensitivity and party chat volume in the audio settings?

it's worth trying if you haven't already as that is the cause of most echo in headsets.
  6. AridLizard Win User

Mic Echo on Xbox One

it depends who is hearing the echo.

if you are hearing an echo then it is most likely that someone else in your party has their mic gain too high and has party chat through their TV or too loud in their headphones. check whose name shows when you hear the echo.

they would need to turn down party chat volume and/or change their mic sensitivity
Thema:

1. One person causing party chat echo - Similar Threads - person causing party

2. How do I talk to a person at microsoft?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I talk to a person at microsoft?: I can sign in, but it won't sign me on. Does Microsoft not support accounts anymore? ef8748e9-0625-48c7-84fc-e60d2638d67b
  3. The Xbox part chat only works if its just me and one other person

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    The Xbox part chat only works if its just me and one other person: I have tried everything possible for the network and I believe it may be my console so I'm wondering if there is anything that can be done to help with this issue seeing as it may not be my...
  4. As this other person said I wish U could look at your old profile pictures as I would love...

in XBoX Accessibility
    As this other person said I wish U could look at your old profile pictures as I would love...: I hope this really does happen 27301770-5608-4b09-bd41-71ed6fd7e114
  5. Why does my Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000, Black work on my personal desktop but not work on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000, Black work on my personal desktop but not work on...: I work remote. My team can hear me on Zoom or Skype on my personal desktop. But in Citrix and the cati or whatever that software is that we use to do surveys, one or both of these aren't working...
  6. Can you recover deleted chats if the other person still has the messages on Xbox?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can you recover deleted chats if the other person still has the messages on Xbox?: If me and my friend texted through Xbox and I deleted the chat but they still have it can I recover it? 28272ae1-fd49-4801-98ec-ef0bb6ae4745
  7. How do I speak to someone in person from Microsoft Xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I speak to someone in person from Microsoft Xbox: How do I speak to someone in person from Microsoft Xbox 6f231c76-603f-44b0-8e51-97d8cddf8e9f
  8. give me contact with PERSON

in XBoX on Consoles
    give me contact with PERSON: give me contact with PERSON 2ddaa1c4-03a0-40ab-909f-a4bfb05ab751
  9. How do you refund gifts that never got to the original person you sent it to

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do you refund gifts that never got to the original person you sent it to: I gifting my friend the new consul GTA five online but he has never gotten it and it’s been over three months I think and I cannot refund it or get my money back and it’s never got through to him...
  10. Am I able to know the person that has given me a text suspension. Cause my group chat has...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Am I able to know the person that has given me a text suspension. Cause my group chat has...: Please help if you know the answer 90cb4dc3-f73d-4fb8-a617-06ae3f6c5049