One home Xbox S with 2 different profiles have to share game progress, why?

Discus and support One home Xbox S with 2 different profiles have to share game progress, why? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; We bought an Xbox S just a few days ago. It is set as Home Xbox so all family members can share the game pass. We have made two different profiles with... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Pax_128, Dec 24, 2022.

1. Pax_128
    Pax_128 Guest

We bought an Xbox S just a few days ago. It is set as Home Xbox so all family members can share the game pass. We have made two different profiles with two different Microsoft accounts. But when we switch the profiles to play the games e.g Unpacking and Townscraper, the game starts from where the other profile left it. Can't two profiles have their different saves of the same game? Why are we sharing each other's progress in the games?

:)

Pax_128, Dec 24, 2022
  2. Smwutches Win User

Make sure to sign out the other account instead of just swapping the accounts.
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

Xbox live Gold Share / Epic games account PROBLEMS!

It's still an easy fix, just a little different. Just log in with son 1's account on son 2's Xbox, and make the console the home Xbox. That will then let Son 2 use son 1's Gold with no extra cost. It just means that Son 1 has to be logged into Xbox Live
    all the time on his console to be able to play his games. There is also no such thing as family share. That is why you have to set up the home console to share games and subscriptions.
  4. napalm 31337 Win User

Accounts

You can achieve game sharing in 2 way.

All account can use Xbox Live and Game Pass on the Home console of the account that have active subscriptions.

Another way is to set an Xbox different from the one used by the account that have active subscriptions as home, in this way the other account(s) on this home console can use Xbox Live and Game Pass, and the account that have the subsciptions can always
    use it in any console if is signed online.

But this works for 2 console at the same time, I think there is no way to gameshare on 3 console.
  5. steeledwand7664 Win User

Vesgolin

You would only be able to play it on 2 of the consoles with 2 different profiles at the same time the 3rd console would have to get its own copy of the game and its own gold subscription in order to play online multiplayer.

Here is a link that talks about home sharing

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/xbox-live/xbox-live-gold-sharing-features

Here is a link that explains how to set it up.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/my-home-xbox
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

How to play different games on different consoles at the same time using 1 game pass profile

If you are trying to do it on the same profile, then that is not possible. Profiles on Xbox One & Series X|S can only play games on one console at a time.

If you are trying to let someone else play your Game Pass games on a different console at the same time as you, then you need to make the console that you want to share the games on the Home Xbox using the account that has Game Pass, then anyone with a different profile can play those games at the same time as you.

Bear in mind the Home Xbox setting is only meant to be used in the same household, as using it with someone else not in your household can result in a suspension or ban.
Thema:

1. One home Xbox S with 2 different profiles have to share game progress, why? - Similar Threads - home different profiles

2. Home Xbox questions regarding changes.

in XboX Insiders
    Home Xbox questions regarding changes.: Hi all, I have an Xbox series S at my flat (which is currently my home Xbox) and my old Xbox one at my partners place. When I made her an account on my old Xbox it wouldn’t let me play any of the...
  3. Is there a way to pin the game/app tiles at the top of the home screen?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a way to pin the game/app tiles at the top of the home screen?: Hi, I just wondered if there was a way to pin the game/app tiles at the top of the home screen? This is mostly just an aesthetics thing for me but also to make things easy to access too. I...
  4. My new internet at home is 2.2 GB and my XBOX X will not allow me into online gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    My new internet at home is 2.2 GB and my XBOX X will not allow me into online gaming: Hi. Yesterday my internet was boosted from 1GB to 2.2GB. and now my Xbox will not allow me to play online. The message on screen says waiting for relay. I would add that ten minutes before city...
  5. I want to reset my home xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    I want to reset my home xbox: My little brother used all my home xbox And I want to reset it f4ade0cc-a871-44e9-a472-9517485d13d0
  6. Xbox Insider Release Notes Have a New Home!

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Insider Release Notes Have a New Home!: [IMG] submitted by /u/wynnXIP [link] [comments]
  7. Star Trek Armada 2 on windows 11. Home network multiplayer setup start to finish. I need a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Star Trek Armada 2 on windows 11. Home network multiplayer setup start to finish. I need a...: Operating System: Windows 11. I got the CD but I need someone to help me set up my network so I can play multiplayer on home network with an identical cpu and game. Someone knowledgeable in the...
  8. Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game...: Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game or navigate the xbox dashboard xbox series x f85ab271-550a-4efe-b42c-9616c1392b7f
  9. Xbox home screen (Default) Change idea 2024

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox home screen (Default) Change idea 2024: When it says who's playing today? if its dark outside wouldn't it be better to say who is playing tonight? because if you think about it at night time people might know its today but it sounds...
  10. Can 2 of my friends use my xbox account as there home xbox if I'm using a different one as...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can 2 of my friends use my xbox account as there home xbox if I'm using a different one as...: Can 2 of my friends use my xbox account as there home xbox if I'm using a different one as my home xbox? d1ed5b42-ebf6-4a1c-af46-31caa78d6e75