One Guide and Windows Media Center PC (HTPC)

Discus and support One Guide and Windows Media Center PC (HTPC) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Please do not hijack this thread with similar issues. I have read through quite a bit of this forum in search of an answer to the following and have... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SenorTrip, Apr 21, 2015.

1. SenorTrip
    SenorTrip Guest

Please do not hijack this thread with similar issues. I have read through quite a bit of this forum in search of an answer to the following and have seen many variations of the problem asked and resolved. This question is specific to
    Windows Media Center Boxes using OTA (Antenna) as the video source
    (NO STB)

My setup:

Panasonic TV

Intel Nuc with Windows 8.1 Pro (w/ Media Center) - attached via usb to Hauppauge Tuner to view OTA channels (no STB of any kind)

NUC has built in Infrared receiver and works with any standard WMC remote.

Xbox One with Kinect

Dilema:

I can view my HTPC in the Xbox TV app. I see all my OTA channels listed in the One Guide. I cannot change the channel using One Guide.

What I've done so far:

I proceed through the TV setup wizard until I get to the Set Top Box section. When asked for the type, the only available option for my setup is "Media Center PC". The wizard then asks for a specific model. No matter what I type, it is rejected. If I skip,
    I can complete the wizard but when I try to change channels with the One Guide, it jumps me right back into the Tv setup wizard.

After much research I was able to find a remote code 1272 and I thought my problem was solved. The One guide can now send commands to my IR .... but it never seems to send "." needed for OTA channels. So instead of channel "7.1" the One Guide send "71" which
    of course is not a valid channel.

Please help. I've gotten this far, only to be foiled by a "."

:)

SenorTrip, Apr 21, 2015
  2. NC STampy
    NC STampy Guest
    Need Logitech Z906 Support - Or remote code learning feature - Urgent

It's the Rosewill USB remote used to control Windows Media Center on my Windows 7 HTPC. It's model RHRC-11002.

NC STampy, Apr 21, 2015
  3. Billy Colt
    Billy Colt Guest
    Xbox One and Media Center

Our family loves Windows Media Center. Our family records TV using The Guide on our Media Center computer with three HD ATSC tuners installed.

We have three Xbox extenders that have turned our home into a wonderful multi-media experience. We use
    Media Center to listen to our favorite local FM Radio Stations. We
    play Music and Picture Slide Shows from our Media Center PC. Please
    keep our Media Center PC's up and running. I will not do without
    Windows Media Center.

If not supported in future Window releases and/or Xbox One...I may never upgrade extender hardware or operating systems again, sorry to say.

Please keep the love and
    THANK YOU MEDIA CENTER DEVELOPERS and SUPPORTERS. What a GREAT JOB you have done with Windows MEDIA CENTER!!!

Keep the love. Keep Windows Media Center. We love to
    PLAY.

Sincerely,

Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center
    licensed user,

William West

Billy Colt, Apr 21, 2015
  4. Tallin
    Tallin Guest

You can map the channel numbers in Media Center to anything you like. Tasks, Settings, TV, Edit Channel, I believe is how it goes. There is a place where you can change the channel number. I also had to set up OneGuide as if it was local cable instead of
    OTA and map the channels in Media Center to what they are on that cable provider. It still wasn't properly sending the channel number even after removing the decimal point. Probably because the HDMI port isn't set up properly for OTA signals.

Tallin, May 6, 2015
  5. leadboot
    leadboot Guest
    Most PC Graphics Cards if any Do Not Support CEC so it's unlikely you will be able to change channel using Windows Media centre via HDMI. You can However buy CEC adapter like this. www.pulse-eight.com/.../usb-hdmi-cec-adapter

leadboot, May 17, 2015
  6. SenorTrip
    SenorTrip Guest
    Thanks for the replies but neither address the issue I was having. I have since bought and installed the Hauppauge tv tuner and it is runs perfectly. Moderator can feel free to close this thread.

SenorTrip, May 20, 2015
  7. MICHAELFOX
    MICHAELFOX Guest
    Hey SeniorTrip,

I was having the same problems with my OTA/WMC setup. Did you see this thread? Read toward the bottom.

forums.xbox.com/.../5086988.aspx

It might be what you're looking for. Basically, I selected a different 'cable provider' instead of Antenna. Then I remapped the channels in WMC to align with the cable channel number. This fixes the missing "." problem. (it also fixed other weird problems
    too)

Good luck,

sixsevenco

MICHAELFOX, Nov 1, 2018
  8. SenorTrip Win User

Thanks for the replies but neither address the issue I was having. I have since bought and installed the Hauppauge tv tuner and it is runs perfectly. Moderator can feel free to close this thread.
  9. Tallin Win User

You can map the channel numbers in Media Center to anything you like. Tasks, Settings, TV, Edit Channel, I believe is how it goes. There is a place where you can change the channel number. I also had to set up OneGuide as if it was local cable instead of
    OTA and map the channels in Media Center to what they are on that cable provider. It still wasn't properly sending the channel number even after removing the decimal point. Probably because the HDMI port isn't set up properly for OTA signals.
  10. MICHAELFOX Win User

Hey SeniorTrip,

I was having the same problems with my OTA/WMC setup. Did you see this thread? Read toward the bottom.

forums.xbox.com/.../5086988.aspx

It might be what you're looking for. Basically, I selected a different 'cable provider' instead of Antenna. Then I remapped the channels in WMC to align with the cable channel number. This fixes the missing "." problem. (it also fixed other weird problems
    too)

Good luck,

sixsevenco
  11. leadboot Win User

Most PC Graphics Cards if any Do Not Support CEC so it's unlikely you will be able to change channel using Windows Media centre via HDMI. You can However buy CEC adapter like this. www.pulse-eight.com/.../usb-hdmi-cec-adapter
  12. NC STampy Win User

Need Logitech Z906 Support - Or remote code learning feature - Urgent

It's the Rosewill USB remote used to control Windows Media Center on my Windows 7 HTPC. It's model RHRC-11002.
Thema:

1. One Guide and Windows Media Center PC (HTPC) - Similar Threads - Guide Windows Media

2. What do you think of the performance of the "Guide" menu?

in XboX Insiders
    What do you think of the performance of the "Guide" menu?: For example, from the different sections you think the performance of the friends section. submitted by /u/xL3aMS1x [link] [comments]
  3. A button not working on Home screen/Guide

in XboX Insiders
    A button not working on Home screen/Guide: Just started happening a few days ago, randomly my A button won't do anything, works in apps and in games but won't work on the Home screen or the guide (friends list, party, etc.). On screen when...
  4. My guide is not opening. Does someone know what to do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My guide is not opening. Does someone know what to do?: When I normally press the xbox button the guide opens but today when I wanted to open it there came a weird message with the code: 0x80073d0f. I‘ve already done everything that the xbox support...
  5. My guide won't work. Error code (0x80073d0f)

in XBoX on Consoles
    My guide won't work. Error code (0x80073d0f): My guide won't work. Whenever I try to access the guide by pressing the xbox logo on my controller it says, "Try launching again shortly" and then "If Guide still won't launch, reinstalling it...
  6. Won’t launch guide

in XBoX on Consoles
    Won’t launch guide: When I press the home guide button on the controller, all I get is that the guide couldn’t launch with error code 0x80073dof. I’ve never had this happen before. How do I fix this issue?...
  7. My Xbox guide won’t work when I press my home button it says try launching again shortly...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox guide won’t work when I press my home button it says try launching again shortly...: I tried everything like resetting my console and unplugging it but nothing works 8c9e7e91-d0e3-4051-b1f8-62d163855ebf
  8. Xbox Preview Delta Tier - Xbox guide on friends tab is extra wide.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Preview Delta Tier - Xbox guide on friends tab is extra wide.: New update makes the Xbox guide extra wide for seemingly no reason, I can’t imagine this being something on purpose… A few days ago they added a “Happening now” tab side bar to the guide when on...
  9. Game Bar ignores settings for opening with guide button on Windows 11 Insider Preview...

in XboX Insiders
    Game Bar ignores settings for opening with guide button on Windows 11 Insider Preview...: On the most recent canary version of Windows 11, the Game Bar starts appearing when pressing the guide button on an Xinput controller, even when the options for bringing up the Game Bar with a...
  10. Xbox controller guide and share button dont do anything on Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller guide and share button dont do anything on Windows 11: I am using an Xbox controller on Windows 11 connected to the PC via the Xbox USB wireless adapter. A couple of months ago, I could use the guide button to open game bar, and uise the share...