One friend in my list is permanently muted, in party, game chat, everywhere.

Discus and support One friend in my list is permanently muted, in party, game chat, everywhere. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have one friend in my list that is permanently muted to me. I can't hear him, but he can hear me. In party chat it shows the gray mute icon over his... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Tuck Dunder, Apr 7, 2018.

1. Tuck Dunder
    Tuck Dunder Guest

I have one friend in my list that is permanently muted to me. I can't hear him, but he can hear me. In party chat it shows the gray mute icon over his icon, and when I open the drop down menu under his name it says 'Unmute' (so far everything seems normal,
    he's just muted, right?). But when I click on 'Unmute' it doesn't do anything. It still says 'Unmute', he's still muted. If I open his profile the option still says 'Unmute', but if I click it, it does change the words on the button to 'Mute', but that's the
    only change. In the party he's still shown as mute, and I still can't hear him. The same with game chat. We've both reset our systems. Routers are open NAT, always have been. We were fine yesterday.

:)

Tuck Dunder, Apr 7, 2018
  2. bsmith1277
    bsmith1277 Guest
    friend muted

my friend is permanently muted, and we're both muted to eachother but everyone else in the party can hear eachother.. help?

bsmith1277, Apr 7, 2018
  3. Poang
    Poang Guest
    One Friend's Xbox Live Profile Is Permanently Muted

Dear Xbox Live and Community,

I have one friend whose profile is permanently muted on Xbox Live. I can have two-way chats with anyone else in my contact list and total strangers for that matter, but when I try to party/game chat with this one particular friend, I cannot hear him talk.
    He can hear me; I can't hear him.

In the party chat settings, it shows his profile as muted (there is an option to "unmute" him). When I try to toggle that option, there is no change to the setting. If I go to his actual profile in my friend's list, it shows his profile muted by default.
    I am able to toggle the option to unmute his profile. The option changes from "unmute" to "mute" (indicating he should now be unmuted). However, nothing changes in the party chat. If I leave his profile and immediately re-open it, the option has automatically
    switch back to "unmute" (indicating he is once again muted).

Anyone had this issue? It's terribly frustrating.

Poang, Apr 7, 2018
  4. One friend in my list is permanently muted, in party, game chat, everywhere.

Thanks for reaching out, Tuck Dunder!

To clarify, are either you or this friend enrolled in the
    Xbox One update preview
    via the Xbox Insider program? There is currently a known issue with the latest preview update that is causing trouble with parties where at least one member is on the preview update.

The proper teams are already aware and working on a fix. We appreciate your continued patience!

Mister Quasar, Apr 8, 2018
  5. Tuck Dunder
    Tuck Dunder Guest
    Fantastic news!

Tuck Dunder, Nov 1, 2018
  6. Mister Quasar Win User

Thanks for reaching out, Tuck Dunder!

Xbox One update preview
    via the Xbox Insider program? There is currently a known issue with the latest preview update that is causing trouble with parties where at least one member is on the preview update.

The proper teams are already aware and working on a fix. We appreciate your continued patience!
  7. Tuck Dunder Win User

Thanks for reaching out, !

Xbox One update preview

Fantastic news!
  8. Kickstone Win User

Friends muted

I also have this issue and so does my son. He has a friend and his friend is unable to unmute him. He didn't place him on mute in the first place. He tries to unmute on his friends list but it just reverts back. I have his friend on my list and he is muted
    under my account....through choice :). But I too can't unmute him now. Tried on my friends list, reverts back to muted. Tried by going under my profile, going to following, selecting muted, unmuting him there.....still the same.

Anybody got any ideas? Could Fortnite have anything to do with it? Tried going in to party, then going to in game chat, leaving it for 10 secs, going back to party and unmuting. Has worked for some....not for me. Please, help me. my son won't stop moaning
    about it. Is it something that just resolves itself or is that it?
  9. UneasyJmitchell Win User

Make it easier on yourself.

Play in parties with friends and use the mute if ever in game chat. Those are probably the best two tips, LOL.
  10. HulkUK75 Win User

How does everyone fell about encounters with minors on age restricted games, and how should it be dealt with as an xbox ambassador ?

Normally just mute anyone that sounds too young or I'm in party chat with friends even if not in the same game
Thema:

1. One friend in my list is permanently muted, in party, game chat, everywhere. - Similar Threads - friend list permanently

2. How do I get rid of the happening now tab on my friends list

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I get rid of the happening now tab on my friends list: How do I get rid of the happening now tab on my friends list, my xbox just updated now there is a massive tab on my friends list that looks horrible and is pretty pointless, can't find a way to...
  3. New friends list ,joinable games on the side

in XboX Insiders
    New friends list ,joinable games on the side: I don't know who came up with that Joinable games on the side when I go to the friends list but I like it ,it was getting in the way before but now it's out of the way but still very easy to...
  4. Why is friends list not accurate?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is friends list not accurate?: After gamer tag name change, friends list not showing some online but others on. But when you look at the profile itself they are online and a game. Also in a party past gamer tag and new tag...
  5. My friends list is not working on either my Xbox Series X nor my PC Game Bar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My friends list is not working on either my Xbox Series X nor my PC Game Bar: Hello, My friends list on Xbox series X was frozen. I have followed all of the troubleshooting steps and now my friends list is simply empty. It states that I have 0 friends, but also does not...
  6. my friend list won’t show on my xbox,

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    my friend list won’t show on my xbox,: it says i have zero friends. i have tried restarting and soft resetting and hard resetting. nothing seems to work. i logged into my account on another xbox and the friends list show its just mine...
  7. Friend List completely Disappeared - I need Help

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Friend List completely Disappeared - I need Help: I did a Factory reset and now my Friend List has Disappeared and can not get it back. It was working fine until today. and have no ideal why. On the Xbox app it is showing everyone online but not...
  8. New Friends List and Happening Now

in XboX Insiders
    New Friends List and Happening Now: It might be just me but when I go to my friends list on my Xbox, I don't really care about what all of my friends are doing right now. I look at a couple of my friends and I'm done. I personally...
  9. Friends list not loading on Xbox

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Friends list not loading on Xbox: I am unable to access my friends list on my Xbox. I am able to access it on the app. But on my Xbox it says 0 friends online and I can’t access the list I have already done a power cycle and hard...
  10. Is anybody’s friends online list showing entries on the Xbox ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anybody’s friends online list showing entries on the Xbox ?: Have a series x and for the last couple of months it has not showing any of my friends online. I have reset it once but still no joy in getting it to show friends. If I check my chats I can see...