One disc, and only one disc, causes my disc drive to make a weird noise.

Discus and support One disc, and only one disc, causes my disc drive to make a weird noise. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I tried to put in a Kingdom Come: Deliverance game disc into my Xbox One X, but it caused my disc drive sound like it was struggling to accept it, in... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SeeRocker, Apr 18, 2020.

  1. SeeRocker
    SeeRocker Guest

    One disc, and only one disc, causes my disc drive to make a weird noise.


    I tried to put in a Kingdom Come: Deliverance game disc into my Xbox One X, but it caused my disc drive sound like it was struggling to accept it, in addition to the disc not being read. I’ve used this same disc on this same console months prior, and there
    are no visible scratches or abnormalities on the disc. Every other disc I put in goes in without any issues. Any idea how to fix this issue? Do I really need to get a new game disc?

    :)
     
    SeeRocker, Apr 18, 2020
    #1
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

    One disc, and only one disc, causes my disc drive to make a weird noise.

    Hello Rocker,

    Thanks for reaching out to the forums. We understand you are having issues with a disk. We recommend to get a new disk. As it is the only disk causing issues it is somehow damaged or something. One way a disk can be damaged and is very hard to see, is the
    disk being warped. As another test you could try the disk in another console.

    Thanks,

    Brad
  3. CROW LDN Win User

    One disc, and only one disc, causes my disc drive to make a weird noise.

    If it just that certain disc that it wont read i would recommend replacing it i have had a similar issue in the past and that worked for me

    If you Xbox does not read any games there may be a issue with the laser inside it and you will need to get it repaired
  4. ArminatorX Win User

    Xbox One X buzzing from disc drive while installing

    If only one disc is causing the buzzing sound, it can be caused by manufacturing tolerances of the disc, or maybe you pulled too hard on the disc when removing it from the case and the disc got slightly warped.

    The disc will then start to "wobble" inside the drive causing vibrations that you hear as buzzing sounds.

    So if only that one disc is doing the noise, it's because of the disc, and as long as the disc is readable, everything is fine.
  5. Irixion Win User

    Xbox 360 E disc problems ...

    Weird noise? What's it sound like? Grinding? Does it make louder noises while the disc is spinning faster? If there's nothing in your drive aside from the disc, then I'd recommend not using your drive. The ball bearing in the mechanism your drive uses to
    spin the disc may be going. This can cause friction and heat, and could cause damage to your disc, and your console.

    If your console is on warranty, send it in, if not, then I'd pay Microsoft to replace your drive.
  6. Kryptoxide Win User

    Disc Drive Does Not Accept Discs

    the disc drive in the replacement xbox one console i received from microsoft makes a whirring noise when inserting a disc... only while it is accepting the disc. sounds like it might be the motor that pulls the disc inside the drive. anyone having any issues
    with this?
Thema:

One disc, and only one disc, causes my disc drive to make a weird noise.

Loading...
  1. One disc, and only one disc, causes my disc drive to make a weird noise. - Similar Threads - disc disc causes

  2. Disc to Digital is now live for everyone! (Omega tier user with no previous access)

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital is now live for everyone! (Omega tier user with no previous access): Make sure you restart your Xbox don't just turn it on and off. submitted by /u/AstroZombie1 [link] [comments]
  3. No option to claim digital license for Witcher 3 Disc Delta Insider Ring

    in XboX Insiders
    No option to claim digital license for Witcher 3 Disc Delta Insider Ring: When I insert the disc and try to open the menu, I'm not seeing any option to claim the digital license at all. If I look at the file info, I get a lot of information about the content/product id...
  4. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  5. Disc to Digital Discussion Megathread - Week of September 21st, 2026

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Discussion Megathread - Week of September 21st, 2026: Hello XBOX Insiders! After the Announcement about the new Disc to Digital feature, it has begun rolling out to XBOX Insiders enrolled in the XBOX Update Preview. Please use this thread for all...
  6. I applied for insiders for disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    I applied for insiders for disc to digital: I applied four days ago and still haven't got the update. How much longer will I have to wait? Any advice is highly appreciated :) submitted by /u/Icy-Shoulder3870 [link] [comments]
  7. New to insiders hub - disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    New to insiders hub - disc to digital: Hallo, hopelijk niet erg als ik in Nederlands schrijf? Ik ben nieuw in het insider hub programma, net geïnstalleerd. Ik wou heel graag de disc to digital proberen maar zie dit niet staan bij...
  8. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  9. Xbox Disc to digital | Eusebio05

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Disc to digital | Eusebio05: Hello, I am a member of the Xbox Insider hub. I have Heard that Xbox Insider can do disc to digital, and I just want to Apply that I can do Disc to digital too it would be very nice. I have such a...
  10. After restarting my xbox because of an issue causing the tray not to read discs, the...

    in XBoX on Windows
    After restarting my xbox because of an issue causing the tray not to read discs, the...: Good afternoon, today my Xbox One (original) decided to randomly stop reading the disc in my disc tray. I checked the disc and it was perfectly fine. After putting the disc back into the tray, the...