On Xbox you can't add a network as it doesn't ask you for a password so it keeps failing,...

Discus and support On Xbox you can't add a network as it doesn't ask you for a password so it keeps failing,... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; There is a glitch with the "Add a Network" part of the Xbox Console. If your wifi doesn't show up on the scan or you have it hidden then you cannot go... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Tyler_638, Dec 1, 2022.

1. Tyler_638
    Tyler_638 Guest

On Xbox you can't add a network as it doesn't ask you for a password so it keeps failing,...

There is a glitch with the "Add a Network" part of the Xbox Console. If your wifi doesn't show up on the scan or you have it hidden then you cannot go online because the system will only ask for the SSID name and then try to connect without putting in the password, it will not let you put in the password so it won't let you connect. You have to only find your network in scan then click on it then provide the password.

So pretty much the "Add a Network" option does not work at all so I can't go online my Xbox.

:)

Tyler_638, Dec 1, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

On Xbox you can't add a network as it doesn't ask you for a password so it keeps failing, why can't I put my wifi credentials in manually?

3. Tyler_638 Win User

On Xbox you can't add a network as it doesn't ask you for a password so it keeps failing, why can't I put my wifi credentials in manually?

I have contacted Microsoft and they told me they can do nothing.

It's a multi-billion dollar company but they can't fix the "Add a Network" feature on Xbox.

To work around this I have been connecting to my cell phone to my internet via WiFi Hotspot but I don't always want to do that.
  4. Tyler_638 Win User

I have contacted Xbox Support through the game console and all they told me to do was move my router closer to my Xbox or unhide my network.

I guarantee you if you try to "Add a Network" on Xbox instead of connecting to your WiFi via the scan it will not work.

I don't know when there will be a fix because they never told me there would be.

Try it out for yourself and contact them yourself and let them know.
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Tyler_638

Sorry to hear that, please report the problem appropriately to the Xbox team here:
    https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/m...

Hopefully an update is going to be released as soon as possible
Thema:

1. On Xbox you can't add a network as it doesn't ask you for a password so it keeps failing,... - Similar Threads - can't add network

2. Can't add a payment method fix

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't add a payment method fix: At first you need to change your country/region to Germany. And you need to type this address while adding a payment method: Address Line 1: Boylstoin St. Postal code: 01605 City: Worcester...
  3. Why can't I download PS4 minecraft add-on's?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download PS4 minecraft add-on's?: Today, I tried to download some minecraft bedrock edition addons, but it keeps coming up with a message that reads "you do not have space available on your PS4 system to download (insert add on...
  4. Can't add my old Xbox 360 to my existing consoles

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't add my old Xbox 360 to my existing consoles: I initially had a 360 that moved locations after I got an Xbox One but the 360 isn't wanting to be added to my consoles on the app. I tried adding it through the remote as an existing console but...
  5. How to add friend keeps saying sorry can't save changes

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to add friend keeps saying sorry can't save changes: It's been saying this for 2 hours first we were playing then he left my party all of a sudden. When I tried to add him it said sorry can't save changes. His username is potato lata...
  6. Can't redeem points because I can't add a phone number

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't redeem points because I can't add a phone number: First of all, I'm being sent around in circles on this topic now. I've contacted both Microsoft and Xbox support with both telling me to contact the other as they will know the best way to deal...
  7. Can't add a phone number on my profile

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't add a phone number on my profile: I just want to add a phone number to redeem my points but Microsoft won't let me do it. please help. I get a error message after i entered my password ***moved from Gaming and Xbox / Hardware and...
  8. I can't add a friend back even though they said they didn't block me, its glitched out, my...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't add a friend back even though they said they didn't block me, its glitched out, my...: I can't add a friend back because it glitched out and blocked them bdef197a-fe0e-4c56-a93c-b5498ee47524
  9. I can't add a friend back to my friends list.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't add a friend back to my friends list.: A friend that I play with on a regular is no longer in my friends list. I can message him, so I know I'm not blocked, but when I try and add him back as a friend all I get is a message saying......
  10. I can't access ForzaHorizon 5 Premium add-on contents in Xbox Game Pass Ultimate

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't access ForzaHorizon 5 Premium add-on contents in Xbox Game Pass Ultimate: Yesterday I bought the xbox game pass ultimate and it promised that I would get access to the forza premium add-on, but I didn't get it. 3a6f7836-cda1-4287-a13b-343d3e5247c8