On Xbox Series X/S, does turning off the "other devices can turn console off" setting...

Discus and support On Xbox Series X/S, does turning off the "other devices can turn console off" setting... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I previously had a problem where turning off my Xbox One S would turn off the TV, which would turn off my Series S, due CEC settings working through... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by oddinator19, Jul 31, 2021.

1. oddinator19
    oddinator19 Guest

On Xbox Series X/S, does turning off the "other devices can turn console off" setting...

I previously had a problem where turning off my Xbox One S would turn off the TV, which would turn off my Series S, due CEC settings working through HDMI for the new consoles instead of IR signals like the One S

For now I turned off "CEC" on the TV to temporarily avoid that problem.

I was wondering if unchecking "allow other devices to turn console off" would be a work around, but, I don't know if this will prevent my Amazon Echo dot from controlling the console.

:)

oddinator19, Jul 31, 2021
  2. XBF - Amory Win User

Device Control

To get started, let's try checking the settings. Head over to Settings > General > TV & display options > Device control, and then look and see if the following is enabled:

• Console turns on other devices
    • Console turns off other devices
    • Other devices can turn console off
    • Use TV remote for console
    If all of these are enabled and it's still not responding as expected, I will need some more details.

1. Which Xbox console are you working with (Xbox One, Xbox One S/X, Xbox Series S/X)?
    2. How are you attempting to connect the receiver? Is it directly from the console to the receiver, or from the console to the TV and then the receiver?
    I'll do my best to help or at least point you in the right direction.
  3. MateusFontana Win User

On Xbox Series X/S, does turning off the "other devices can turn console off" setting affect the "digital assistant" settings?

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First of all, I'm sorry I'm having this problem.

On your question, yes if you uncheck the option "allow other devices to turn off the console it will work, but in the case of your digital assistant, it will probably still work normally because it is a standalone device.

*Do the test please, if it works correctly please let us know, the community would be very grateful.
  4. gregkeppeler Win User

Xbox Series X - I can no longer turn off hdmi audio since installing the september update

I have almost the same problem except the error message says

“if you’re using Xbox series X/S, note that HDMI audio can’t be turned off. In other consoles, either optical or HDMI audio must be on. (0x80bd0009)

Why can’t I turn off hdmi audio on Xbox series x it makes no sense?
  5. Georges C. Win User

Call of duty MWII Cross play

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Welcome to the community.

Hello NickKatsi, if you are on a Series S/X console try turning off crossplay by following the steps below.

Turn Off.

To disable crossplay on your Xbox Series X or S, follow these steps:

1-Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.

2-Select Settings.

-3Select General.

4-Select Cross-Platform and Online Play.

5-Select the toggle next to Enable Cross-Platform Play to turn it off.
  6. Just a Volunteer Win User

Xbox Series X double starts

Hi,

I have an xbox series x. When turning the xbox on with a controller the system will turn on then immediately turn off and start again.
    Does this happen if you use the console on/off button?

Is the console OS and the controller firmware up to date?
Thema:

1. On Xbox Series X/S, does turning off the "other devices can turn console off" setting... - Similar Threads - Series does turning

2. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  3. Why does my series x do this

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my series x do this: since i got my series x whenever i turn it on and on the home screen it says connect to the xbox network after 10 to 30 seconds it connects by itself. Is this normal?...
  4. How easily does a hdmi Port break on an xbox series x

in XboX Insiders
    How easily does a hdmi Port break on an xbox series x: I go to my dads on a Thursday and Sunday and take my xbox series X which obviously has a hdmi port, the port has broke twice over the past 2 years because of this because i forgot to take the hdmi...
  5. Does turning off the Series S completely reduce its lifespan?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does turning off the Series S completely reduce its lifespan?: I only play on weekends and I would like to know if the console's useful life decreases as time passes by turning it off and on several times during the month. 7b9b27f0-f7bd-491f-9acf-d4e4be4e2770
  6. Why does my series x not make the chime noise when i turn it on and off?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my series x not make the chime noise when i turn it on and off?: Does anyone know how to fix this? 2966b0b0-38b5-4363-b5a6-9f5cd45a4763
  7. My Xbox Series S fan does not turn off, is there a way to reset it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S fan does not turn off, is there a way to reset it?: The fan on my Series S would turn off and on as it was needed but now it's on and never turns off (unless I power down). I checked the fan and the inside of the console and there is no dust or...
  8. Why does my Xbox series s keep on resetting every time I turn it on?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox series s keep on resetting every time I turn it on?: Im not sure this is happening I turn it on/off normally and I’ve only had it for 10 days. So I just turned on my Xbox and it says set up with the Xbox app. 3b7d6936-51d5-4215-8a8b-ba3c61eeb5fa
  9. Xbox series X power up issues. Light turns on but xbox does not power up

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X power up issues. Light turns on but xbox does not power up: Upon hitting the power button , the light and fan turns on with no visuals on screen and the xbox seems abnormally quiet. Nothing on the screen comes up at all and within in a minute the xbox...
  10. My Xbox Series X headset automatically turns on my console. Does anyone know how I can...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series X headset automatically turns on my console. Does anyone know how I can...: Sometimes I just need to use them on my PC via Bluetooth, but when I turn them on, the Xbox also turns on. I have searched many websites trying to find an answer to solve this problem, but I...