On Xbox PC App games I can't use my microphone to talk in chat apps while ingame.

Discus and support On Xbox PC App games I can't use my microphone to talk in chat apps while ingame. in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; This seems to only happen for a few specific games and nothing I do fixes it, Running as admin won't work, reinstalling it doesn't work. Discord... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Cruddy horse, Jul 10, 2022.

1. Cruddy horse
    Cruddy horse Guest

On Xbox PC App games I can't use my microphone to talk in chat apps while ingame.

This seems to only happen for a few specific games and nothing I do fixes it, Running as admin won't work, reinstalling it doesn't work. Discord doesn't work as an alternative, this never happens with Steam or EGS games. Game chat works fine if the games support it but obviously this is useless in most casses.

:)

Cruddy horse, Jul 10, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Thanks for checking your privacy settings.

In this case, are you able to check your connection with the Xbox servers?

On Windows 10, please go to Start > Search and click on Xbox Networking.

On Windows 11, open the Xbox Console Companion app > Settings (the gear icon) > Network.

Please share a screenshot of your connection results.
  3. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, Cruddy. Thanks for reaching out. I'm Lucas, an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be glad to help you out.

Did you set your permissions on your Xbox account to be able to chat?

To change your Xbox account privacy settings, sign in to the privacy & online safety page:
    https://account.xbox.com/settings

Set all the settings related to chat, party and clubs to "Allow" or "Everyone" on both the Privacy and the Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One & Windows 10 Online Security tabs.

Note: If you’re on a child account, you’ll need an adult in your family to sign in to their Microsoft account to change your privacy settings. This is done through the Family settings.
    https://support.xbox.com/help/family-online-saf...
  4. Lucas Lauer Win User

Moderate NAT usually does not cause this, but you could try to make it Open by port forwarding on your router and see how it goes:

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-port-forwar...

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Even though the article is about Xbox, the same applies for the computer. Just enter your router/modem settings page (usually 192.168.0.1) and add the Xbox ports.

After that, please try to use manual DNS servers on your computer:

- Go to the Control Panel;

- Click Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Change adapter settings;

- Select the connection for which you want to configure;

- Select the Networking tab;

- Click Advanced and select the DNS tab;

; Select Use the following DNS server addresses.

Test with both DNS combinations:

Primary: 1.1.1.1 / Secundary: 1.0.0.1

Primary: 8.8.8.8 / Secundary: 8.8.4.4

Let me know how it goes, please.
  5. Cruddy horse Win User

Hello Lucas, this is not the issue, all the settings are set to Everyone and this is an adult account has has been for quite some time. Again, this issue does not apply to all games, only a few examples like Sniper Elite 5 and Naraka Bladepoint are having this issue.
  6. Cruddy horse Win User

I am unable to get a screenshot working here, but after checking, here is what it says:

Connection Status

Internet Connection Connected

Xbox Live Services Up and Running

Performance

Latency 70 ms

Packet Loss 0%

Xbox Live Multiplayer

NAT Type Moderate

Server Connectivity Connected
Thema:

1. On Xbox PC App games I can't use my microphone to talk in chat apps while ingame. - Similar Threads - App games can't

2. Can't launch the XBOX app on my PC, even if i have the game pass

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't launch the XBOX app on my PC, even if i have the game pass: It's been three days since i cant even launch the app. It stays on the white xbox logo and then after a while deseppear. When i go to the website or the windows store it does nothing. It even...
  3. Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC: I want to start by saying I've spent 2.5 hours on the phone with both Xbox support and Windows support regarding this issue. The first person from Xbox support tried everything she had in her...
  4. Why can't I find my recent game clips on XBOX app?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I find my recent game clips on XBOX app?: Ok, so I used the console companion app on my laptop to download, edit, and upload on my socials, but now the app doesn't work, and I can't find any way to find them. I've looked all over the...
  5. Game Pass for PC and EA app - Can't uninstall game at all

in XboX Insiders
    Game Pass for PC and EA app - Can't uninstall game at all: Title says it all. Game won't uninstall be it from the Game Pass app, the EA app or just using Windows' add/remove programs. No error message is given, I press uninstall and it just won't do...
  6. I keep getting we can't save more data for this game or app. What do I do

in XBoX on Consoles
    I keep getting we can't save more data for this game or app. What do I do: So I load up fall out 4 and this message come up. But I have more than enough storage and two storage drives. I tried taking out the storage drives but it still says it....
  7. Can't download game in XBOX app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't download game in XBOX app: On browser it available to download my friend in same country can download but when it link me to XBOX application it can't be downloaded i already try to change country and back reset my PC and...
  8. "We can't save more data for this game or app" won't go away

in XBoX on Consoles
    "We can't save more data for this game or app" won't go away: I keep getting this message everytime I open a game on my Xbox Series X I've deleted games and deleted save data but nothing has fixed it 8018d693-54ac-4bd2-9175-3a80a7444e12
  9. My Xbox says "We can't save more data for this game or app" for every game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox says "We can't save more data for this game or app" for every game: Games won't let me save data or get my saved data 2a9caa85-aad9-49ee-a1bb-eab7b58da89c
  10. Can't install games on PC through Xbox and Microsoft Store apps; getting error code 0x80070005.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install games on PC through Xbox and Microsoft Store apps; getting error code 0x80070005.: Specifically, I am trying to install Sea of Thieves. I have had this game since around launch and so had this game installed previously, but I had uninstalled after not playing for a long time and...